** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Maria's Laying Thread was threoretically possible

I have been a fan of Maria's Laying Strategy since it was posted in 2005 and started using it with my systems in 2006 with moderate to good success. The success or failure of the strategy is determined by the system for picking the selections not the strategy. The odds bands she set out in her thread are only successful if the system used to pick the selections has a high enough strike rate. I made one minor change to her bands and excluded odds on selections from the first band, so my bands are: 2-3.5 1% 3.51-7.6 0.06% 7.61-11 0.04% In April 2010 I started using a system that has had consistant strike rate of 87-90% since early in 2009 when I created it. It took me 487 days between 15th April 2010 and 15th August 2011 to take my bank from $1,000 to $36,728 (equivalent to $3,000 to $110,184). I stopped there as I went on a holiday for 2 weeks and was unable to maintain my betting bot while on holidays. I decided not to start with a $3,000 bank because I don't like the risk of big bets and the smaller bets are easier to get accepted. I started my bank from $1000 again on 1st September 2010 and from that time to 31st December 2012, which is 487 days again, I have been able to get my bank to $16,789. The number of bets for the second attempt is 2166 whereas the number for the first one was 2539. Strike rates were 88% in both cases.