Jump Racing ~ Boxing Day 26th December

2.35 Kempton: William Hill.com Christmas Hurdle (Grade 1) (2m) Mouth watering stuff here with the top three in the betting likely to be the ones to concentrate on. Countrywide Flame is a worthy favourite on his Fighting Fifth victory over Cinders And Ashes, he was taking on a horse who needed the run that day and on ground that wouldn’t have suited so I wouldn’t imagine he’ll find it that easy this time. Darlan looks a classy individual and connections think he can challenge for the Champion Hurdle down the line so you have to think he could handle these as long as he doesn’t lack for match fitness. Terrific renewal whatever happens and I just give my vote to Darlan to follow in the footsteps of stable mate Binocular. Selections: 2pts Darlan 11/4 Totesport 1pt Cinders And Ashes 9/2 Coral Full Preview; http://www.punterslounge.com/kempton-betting-darlan-to-boost-his-festival-hopes-by-winning-christmas-hurdle-at-kempton

Re: Jump Racing ~ Boxing Day 26th December King George - Long Run 5pts win (max bet) @ 2/1 paddypower The race has cut up a little but there is still a strong line set to go to post on the 26th. One horse that stands out in the race is Long Run. He is rated 10lbs less than his close 2nd in the race last year when finishing behind the legend Kauto Star. The pair pulled well clear of the 3rd that day and had it not been for a couple of mistakes, Long Run may well have got there at the finish. That being said, it was still a mighty effort. By the standards he set when romping home in the Gold Cup in 2011, you could argue he had a disappointing season last year but he still managed to finish 3rd in the Gold Cup even though he may not have given his true running. It’s common knowledge now, that he does need a run when returning from a lengthy break and he followed his 2nd in the Betfair Chase from last year with the same result this year. I would expect him to come on plenty for that run and if anything the field he faces in the King George looks pretty weak if you consider he is the only genuine Gold Cup contender in the line up. He broke the track record when he won the Gold Cup and he also broke the track record at Newbury earlier this year. One thing we forget with Long Run is that he is still very young and was actually a double grade 1 winner at the age of 4, which no other horse has ever achieved. His record at Kempton is very good with easy wins in the Feltham and King George and that 2nd place in the King George last year. Sam Waley-Cohen has been criticised several times for his rides on this horse but at the end of the day he is an amateur and he will always ride this horse as long as his father owns him. He is 3 times a grade 1 winner with Long Run so he can’t be that bad. The ground looks as though, it’s going to be pretty testing so will take plenty of getting. Long Run looks all about stamina so I would expect him to make this a proper test, as there are question marks over his main opposition over this distance in testing conditions. Connections feared a slow gallop in the Betfair Chase on his return to action, which is what happened. This didn’t suit Long Run and they will not want a repeat of that in the King George, with plenty of speedsters in opposition. I am happy to take the current price with Long Run as I believe he is the class horse in this race with his opposition all having something to prove. 2.35 Kempton – Christmas Hurdle – Cinders and Ashes 3pts win @ 4/1 Bet365 This looks like a cracking little race on paper with 3 potential Champion Hurdle contenders going up against each other. Connections of Darlan have been trying to get a run into him for a while now but due to the weather they haven’t been able to do so. This looks more of a case of having to run him rather than wanting to run him, as they have dodged testing conditions a couple of times already this season. He also comes up against 2 classy horses that are proven on the ground and that have a fitness edge. I would want to take him on for this although come Cheltenham time in March, I would probably be with Darlan over the other 2 if they all got there in one piece. Countrywide Flame absolutely bolted up at Newcastle where he made Cinders and Ashes look very average. I don’t for one second think he will do the same here. CF had the fitness edge in that race but I fancy Cinders to come on plenty for that run. Last season first time up was the only time Cinders got beat so maybe he just needs a run to put him right. That is the view I am taking and I fancy him to turn the form around with CF. I wouldn’t blame the ground at Newcastle as he did win on heavy ground twice last season. The winning margin of 12 lengths was also slightly exaggerated as Maguire eased him up near the finish. I expect these 2 horses to fight it out again but hopefully with the McCain horses coming out on top. His horses are in fine form at the moment with the yard operating at a 33% strike rate and Cinders can get back on the Champion Hurdle trail with a win here.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.