** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Jump Racing - Monday 10th December

2.20 Musselburgh - 2pts win Ubaltique @ 17/2 (VC) Got to say I feel the price about the favourite is too short given it's failed to prove he stays this far and that means there appears some value on offer. Although Donald McCain's runner hasn't looked the most certain in the market, I'm willing to take a chance at this price because he should be a fair deal shorter in my book. He ran okay on his seasonal reappearance at Cheltenham in a hot race and improved for the run when running well behind a very smart type in Tap Night at Ayr next time. It's interesting that the other horses who were prominently positioned faded badly and although my selection finished 3rd, he was bang there at the last before the two who had conserved their energy came to the fore. He probably just did a little too much too soon against some nice types and this represents a drop in class today. He did nothing wrong in 2nd last time when staying on at Haydock on soft ground and on that evidence the step up to 2m4f can suit. He should be able to get home around here on good to soft ground and his handicap mark doesn't look restrictive. This is a 0-125 rather than the three handicaps he's run in when beaten by horses rated by 141, 140 and 135 respectively. Looks well up to this so a price of 17/2 is too tempting to leave. 2.30 Fakenham - 2pts win Oscar's Secret @ 7/1 (VC) I'm pretty sweet on the chances of Kim Bailey's charge today as he steps up in trip which could be crucial I fancy. This is also a slight drop in grade and he looks fairly handicapped on his best form. He was only beaten 4 1/2l by the well-handicapped, progressive Ivor's King two starts ago (kept to his task well) and although he was more comfortably held by the same horse at Ascot last time, he had excuses. He lost his place into midfield and as such, lost sight at his hurdles and regularly made errors through the contest. This forced him further back and I'm sure Charles Greene wouldn't have wanted to be so far back. He did, however, stay on really nicely from a bad position to be 7th of 16 in the end, continuing to finish well over the 2m4f trip. He jumped better in the closing stages when getting a clear sight at his flights and the smaller field should help in that respect today. Looks very much like he'll enjoy three miles and cheekpieces are added today. Greene continues to take 7lbs off his back and he's a really strong claimer so I have no concerns about him being on board. Should be able to be right there today.