Greyhound Previews

NeilM

I've mentioned in the sticky thread that I used to do a greyhound preview in my former job and that my intention was to post it on here. Its just for fun although I have been fairly successful so far this year, 25.25 pts up at £10 per point and win and place singles. However, what I'll do with this from now on is use a hypothetical 100 point bank and see what happens, especially if placing forecasts. Start Bank 100 points No of Bets 22 Stakes 31 Balance 123.26 SR 22.72% P/L 23.26 Bank total 123.26 UPDATED 10/12/2012 NB I'm referring to forecasts and tricasts as one bet: obviously I know that technically a combi forecast from three is six bets and the same for a combi tricast from 3 is six but that would leave me in situation where I'm looking at three races a night and potentially having 18 bets which isn't how I think most people would view it. I hope that is OK but if not I'll happily change it :)

Re: Greyhound Previews After a disappointing evening yesterday- mentioning winners and then advising against backing them- my attention is on tonight’s two TV cards at Romford and Sunderland. Romford is an entirely open card and Sunderland is entirely graded which should make for some interesting contrasts. Romford features heats for the Essex Vase- live on Sky Sports in two weeks time. Heat 3 (20:34, 575m, £150) features the Mark Wallis trained Blonde Fletch from T2: the 2011 Stayer of the Year wouldn’t seem to be suited for this distance but it is unlikely that Wallis would have made the trip from Norfolk if he wasn’t in with a chance: he ran in the final of this in 2010 and was last seen in the St Leger final last week. It would be foolish to write him off but as he hasn’t run at this distance since August 2011 it could pay to look elsewhere in this interesting heat although there is no doubt that he’s quick on the bunny. Preference is for local trainer Paul Young’s charge Bubbly Jaytee from T5: proven at the distance and from a local powerhouse he looks like a winner. With Blonde Fletch possibly held up by kennelmate Mountjoy Orion from T1 it could be a toss up between 5 and 1 with Blonde Fletch coming in behind. Heat 4 (20:50, Or, £150) looks competitive too. Chris Mosdall is attached to Wimbledon but as that he lives in Essex he may be keen on being attached to Romford: he runs Smiler Jack from T4. The Champion Stakes winner may start odds on so it will pay to look elsewhere for second and third: Mark Wallis’ charge Rockburst Lenny runs from T1 and while he lost to Smiler Jack last week, he’s proven at this course and distance and looks a goer. We can complete the trio with Wallis’ other runner Bridge Bandit (T3)- a mixed record from the trap although did win here last week from this one and some nice times lately suggest he has a chance of qualifying. Off to Sunderland, and the Owners Bonus Series Final (21:32, A3, 450m, £500) looks very competitive. Delilah Cupid runs from T1 and was running in A1 races in the autumn. She beat Dilton Jenny (T2) and Mill Madison (T3) into second and third last week. Swift Rocket (T4) beat Deancroft Teddy (T6) and Hi Brandon (T5) into second and third also. Preference is for Hi Brandon and Swift Rocket with Delilah Cupid making up a forecast. Suggestions: 20:35 Romford 5/1/2 0.25pt combi forecast 0.25pt combi tricast 20:50 Romford 4/1/3 0.25pt combi forecast 0.25pt combi tricast 21:32 Sun’land 5/4/1 0.25 pt combi forecast 0.25 pt combi tricast Total investment 9pts

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.