** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Aston Villa v Reading > Tuesday Nov 27th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Aston Villa v Reading (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.01[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.22 % [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

I'm finding this game tough to work out. What we have here is a Villa side, who have been very solid defensively at home, versus a Reading side who are conceding a lot this season, more than they were expected to pre season. They are very much an overs sort of side this season. Villa haven't historically been a very strong home side, and they only have one win this season at home. However I think I'm leaning towards a Villa win purely because Villa are strong defensively at home, while Reading are just too open. I think because of the nature of this contest, with it being a huge six pointer, Reading will be going for it. That openness should allow Villa in, and to ultimately pick up the three points. They've taken the lead a couple of times, and been pegged back this season. I think I'd back them here to finally get that elusive home win against Reading. Both sides are fairly evenly matched, and hopefully Lambert brings Bent back in for this fixture after he missed out at the weekend. Had he been included maybe they could have turned that point against Arsenal into three.

Re: Aston Villa v Reading > Tuesday Nov 27th I think it is time for AstonVilla to win a game at home, even if it can be very delicate game, but they are coming with good morale after draw,playing better and will have a not impossiible calendar next weeks to try to grind some points. So at 4/10 i will go with Aston Villa, they have also a very good crowd behind them.

Re: Aston Villa v Reading > Tuesday Nov 27th Really interesting one this, but i'm struggling to see a argument for Villa. I didnt see the Arsenal game but it sounds like they played well and to be fair they've had a tricky few games. However, they weren't exactly pulling up trees before that with draws against West Brom and Norwich. You have to go back to the middle of September for their last and only home victory this season - the 2-0 win over Swansea and they've now won only 1 of their last 11 home games in the PL Reading of course are without a win away from home but they seem to be settling down and they've picked up more points than Villa in the last 8 games. Away from home they were a little unlucky against Wigan on the weekend but had drawn 2 of their previous 3. Reading score 86% of their away goals in the first half and have led in 66% of their aways at HT. This is not lost on OPTA who tip Reading HT/Draw FT at 14/1 on Skybet. I also like Reading to be winning at HT and the 1-1.

Re: Aston Villa v Reading > Tuesday Nov 27th 3pts Reading to beat Aston Villa 31/10 BetVictor Reading have no problem getting into good positions it seems but they do have trouble holding on to them. It may just be though that if they can get ahead here then with the added pressure Villa are under they might find it hard to peg Reading back and if anything Reading could even go on and build on their lead. At just over 3/1 I think the visitors are the value to beat an ordinary Villa side. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/aston-villa-vs-reading-betting-reading-look-decent-value-to-pile-the-pressure-on-aston-villa

Vlaar may be out for this. That may weaken Villa significantly enough to put me off as he's been pivotal to their defensive displays this season. If he missed out it may sway me to back Reading on the handicap. One to watch, or one to leave alone because there's a lot of uncertainties.

Re: Aston Villa v Reading > Tuesday Nov 27th opposing villa here. i see the argument of a strong performance at home against arsenal, many teams set up defensively against a top side like arsenal, i didnt see the game but i heard villa could have nicked the game with 50/50 possession at FT and a decent amount of chances. but i dont see how they look strong defensively at home in my opinion, in 2012 excluding the arsenal game they've kept 3 clean sheets in the premier league, and only 1 against swansea this season. so they do concede, maybe not more than one goal a game but i'm swaying more towards reading for this game with their attacking ability, i can see better value here in terms of they've scored 2 or more goals in 6/13 games and scored in all but 3 of those games. their away record as mentioned is poor, i do however like the sequence they find themselves in away in PL (Loss, draw, loss draw, loss...) maybe another draw this time? of course a game both teams dont want too lose and have to go for. i wouldnt want to bet on goals in this game, could be a tight affair and finish a draw because i believe both teams could go for it and cancel each other out, and i'm curious to know how much the heavy rain would affect both tomorrows matches, slick pitch or uncontrollable ball. so no villa home win in 4 and no reading away win since the last game of their last season in the PL. eventually both these teams will get the wins they want, but a bottom of the table clash, they both have to go for it and i cant see reading losing tomorrow i like the look of both teams to score not great value but 1.72 seems okay i do like reading on the AHP 0.5+ 1.95 will have a small punt on reading over 2.5 goals which i can get for 3.25

Re: Aston Villa v Reading > Tuesday Nov 27th [TABLE=width: 932] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD]Here are the current stats on all of the games Aston Villa & Reading have played this year. It covers Shots, Shots on target and % conversation rate and the scores in each game. Hope this helps [TABLE=width: 932] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD]ASTON VILLA[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]Score[/TD] [TD]Shots[/TD] [TD]SOT[/TD] [TD]%[/TD] [TD]Poss[/TD] [TD]Team[/TD] [TD]Score[/TD] [TD]Shots[/TD] [TD]SOT[/TD] [TD]%[/TD] [TD]Poss[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]1[/TD] [TD]Westham[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]8[/TD] [TD]4[/TD] [TD]13%[/TD] [TD]49[/TD] [TD]ASTON VILLA[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]10[/TD] [TD]6[/TD] [TD]0 [/TD] [TD]51[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]2[/TD] [TD]ASTON VILLA[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]18[/TD] [TD]7[/TD] [TD]6%[/TD] [TD]64[/TD] [TD]Everton[/TD] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]12[/TD] [TD]8[/TD] [TD]25%[/TD] [TD]36[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]3[/TD] [TD]Newcastle[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]16[/TD] [TD]6[/TD] [TD]6%[/TD] [TD]53[/TD] [TD]ASTON VILLA[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]13[/TD] [TD]9[/TD] [TD]8%[/TD] [TD]47[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]4[/TD] [TD]ASTON VILLA[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]17[/TD] [TD]13[/TD] [TD]12%[/TD] [TD]49[/TD] [TD]Swansea[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]10[/TD] [TD]5[/TD] [TD]0%[/TD] [TD]51[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]5[/TD] [TD]Southampton[/TD] [TD]4[/TD] [TD]18[/TD] [TD]7[/TD] [TD]22%[/TD] [TD]50[/TD] [TD]ASTON VILLA[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]9[/TD] [TD]4[/TD] [TD]11%[/TD] [TD]50[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]6[/TD] [TD]ASTON VILLA[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]19[/TD] [TD]8[/TD] [TD]5%[/TD] [TD]54[/TD] [TD]Westbrom[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]14[/TD] [TD]7[/TD] [TD]7%[/TD] [TD]46[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]7[/TD] [TD]Tottenham[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]23[/TD] [TD]10[/TD] [TD]9%[/TD] [TD]57[/TD] [TD]ASTON VILLA[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]8[/TD] [TD]5[/TD] [TD]0%[/TD] [TD]43[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]8[/TD] [TD]Fulham[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]17[/TD] [TD]8[/TD] [TD]6%[/TD] [TD]57[/TD] [TD]ASTON VILLA[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]9[/TD] [TD]4[/TD] [TD]0%[/TD] [TD]43[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]9[/TD] [TD]ASTON VILLA[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]7[/TD] [TD]5[/TD] [TD]14%[/TD] [TD]47[/TD] [TD]Norwich[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]14[/TD] [TD]6[/TD] [TD]7%[/TD] [TD]53[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]10[/TD] [TD]Sunderland[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]11[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]0%[/TD] [TD]54[/TD] [TD]ASTON VILLA[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]9[/TD] [TD]6[/TD] [TD]11%[/TD] [TD]46[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]11[/TD] [TD]ASTON VILLA[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]10[/TD] [TD]7[/TD] [TD]20%[/TD] [TD]36[/TD] [TD]Man Utd[/TD] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]16[/TD] [TD]7[/TD] [TD]19%[/TD] [TD]64[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]12[/TD] [TD]Man City[/TD] [TD]5[/TD] [TD]21[/TD] [TD]8[/TD] [TD]24%[/TD] [TD]59[/TD] [TD]ASTON VILLA[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]10[/TD] [TD]8[/TD] [TD]0%[/TD] [TD]41[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]13[/TD] [TD]ASTON VILLA[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]10[/TD] [TD]8[/TD] [TD]0%[/TD] [TD]50[/TD] [TD]Arsenal[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]13[/TD] [TD]6[/TD] [TD]0%[/TD] [TD]50[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] READING [TABLE=width: 932] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]Score[/TD] [TD]Shots[/TD] [TD]SOT[/TD] [TD]%[/TD] [TD]Poss[/TD] [TD]Team[/TD] [TD]Score[/TD] [TD]Shots[/TD] [TD]SOT[/TD] [TD]%[/TD] [TD]Poss[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]1[/TD] [TD]READING[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]9[/TD] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]11%[/TD] [TD]59[/TD] [TD]Stoke[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]6[/TD] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]17%[/TD] [TD]41[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]2[/TD] [TD]Chelsea[/TD] [TD]4[/TD] [TD]23[/TD] [TD]11[/TD] [TD]17%[/TD] [TD]53[/TD] [TD]READING[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]7[/TD] [TD]5[/TD] [TD]29%[/TD] [TD]47[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]3[/TD] [TD]Sunderland[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]READING[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]4[/TD] [TD]READING[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]4[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]25%[/TD] [TD]42[/TD] [TD]Tottenham[/TD] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]22[/TD] [TD]11[/TD] [TD]14%[/TD] [TD]58[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]5[/TD] [TD]Westbrom[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]9[/TD] [TD]4[/TD] [TD]11%[/TD] [TD]50[/TD] [TD]READING[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]8[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]0%[/TD] [TD]50[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]6[/TD] [TD]READING[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]14[/TD] [TD]7[/TD] [TD]14%[/TD] [TD]41[/TD] [TD]Newcastle[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]8[/TD] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]25%[/TD] [TD]59[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]7[/TD] [TD]Swansea[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]25[/TD] [TD]16[/TD] [TD]8%[/TD] [TD]60[/TD] [TD]READING[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]8[/TD] [TD]6[/TD] [TD]25%[/TD] [TD]40[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]8[/TD] [TD]Liverpool[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]23[/TD] [TD]13[/TD] [TD]4%[/TD] [TD]56[/TD] [TD]READING[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]8[/TD] [TD]5[/TD] [TD]0%[/TD] [TD]44[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]9[/TD] [TD]READING[/TD] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]15[/TD] [TD]9[/TD] [TD]20%[/TD] [TD]46[/TD] [TD]Fulham[/TD] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]16[/TD] [TD]8[/TD] [TD]19%[/TD] [TD]54[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]10[/TD] [TD]Queens Park[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]23[/TD] [TD]12[/TD] [TD]4%[/TD] [TD]55[/TD] [TD]READING[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]18[/TD] [TD]8[/TD] [TD]6%[/TD] [TD]45[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]11[/TD] [TD]READING[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]7[/TD] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]0%[/TD] [TD]56[/TD] [TD]Norwich[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]10[/TD] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]0%[/TD] [TD]44[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]12[/TD] [TD]READING[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]12[/TD] [TD]4[/TD] [TD]17%[/TD] [TD]46[/TD] [TD]Everton[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]21[/TD] [TD]11[/TD] [TD]5%[/TD] [TD]54[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]13[/TD] [TD]Wigan[/TD] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]19[/TD] [TD]11[/TD] [TD]16%[/TD] [TD]52[/TD] [TD]READING[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]16[/TD] [TD]10[/TD] [TD]13%[/TD] [TD]48[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Aston Villa v Reading > Tuesday Nov 27th Aston Villa @ 2.00 sportsbet Villa are coming off a very good home draw with Arsenal, and while they will take something from that, their concern is that they struggle to score, as they have scored one goal or none at all in 8 of their last 9 games. Their defence is not that great either but in their last 8 games, against the likes of Man City, Man Utd and Tottenham, they have allowed two goals or more, but apart from that, they have allowed one goal or none at all in the other five games. Reading has been scoring goals in 9 of their 12 games, but conceded in each of their 12 games. Villa have done well in recent games against some tough opposition and should be much more battle-hardened here, while Reading's inability to keep a clean sheet will count against them here

Re: Aston Villa v Reading > Tuesday Nov 27th Not going to have a bet on this game either. I have to start being more selective with my bets and not bet on games just for the sake of it. This, for me, is another game that could go either way. Villa have poor home form, Reading have poor away form. Reading have done a bit better than Villa with recent results, but Villa put up a very good display against Arsenal last weekend. I read on BBC that Villa's captain Vlaar, is a major injury worry, and if he is missing it would be a big blow. This game is also vital for both sides as both sides are in the relegation zone. I can't find an edge on this match, or a reason to have a bet. Villa do have a very good head to head record against Reading though, but that is not enough to sway me.

Re: Aston Villa v Reading > Tuesday Nov 27th Hi first post here!!! As a Villa fan I think Reding are overpriced here. We may have raised our game in the last 2 home fixtures against Man U and Arsenal but I think with a more muted atmosphere and tension around the team due to the game's importance it will play into Reading's hands. IMO these teams are pretty evenly-matched and it's a coin toss as to who will win. Lambert doesn't seem to want to play Bent at all and also the very important defender Vlaar is doubtful for this match. Reading to take at least a draw from the match. Odds are rising,I don't know why. Won't bet on this game as I never bet against my own team Reading +0.5 2.00 Bet365 5pts Reading win 4.20 Bet 365 1pt

Re: Aston Villa v Reading > Tuesday Nov 27th Aston Villa have produced some decent defensive displays of late by not really attacking and relying on Bentike to hold up the ball. They will have to do alot more than this against Reading and Villa fans will demand this I feel. The problem is this might allow Reading to open up Aston Villa on the counter attack. Reading have some really quick wingers and have had no problem scoring this year. Villa haven't scored at for the last two games so by the probability of chance think they will get at least one tonight. Aston Villa +1.5 Goals - 5pts BTTS - 7pts

Re: Aston Villa v Reading > Tuesday Nov 27th

opposing villa here. i see the argument of a strong performance at home against arsenal, many teams set up defensively against a top side like arsenal, i didnt see the game but i heard villa could have nicked the game with 50/50 possession at FT and a decent amount of chances. but i dont see how they look strong defensively at home in my opinion, in 2012 excluding the arsenal game they've kept 3 clean sheets in the premier league, and only 1 against swansea this season. so they do concede, maybe not more than one goal a game but i'm swaying more towards reading for this game with their attacking ability, i can see better value here in terms of they've scored 2 or more goals in 6/13 games and scored in all but 3 of those games. their away record as mentioned is poor, i do however like the sequence they find themselves in away in PL (Loss, draw, loss draw, loss...) maybe another draw this time? of course a game both teams dont want too lose and have to go for. i wouldnt want to bet on goals in this game, could be a tight affair and finish a draw because i believe both teams could go for it and cancel each other out, and i'm curious to know how much the heavy rain would affect both tomorrows matches, slick pitch or uncontrollable ball. so no villa home win in 4 and no reading away win since the last game of their last season in the PL. eventually both these teams will get the wins they want, but a bottom of the table clash, they both have to go for it and i cant see reading losing tomorrow i like the look of both teams to score not great value but 1.72 seems okay i do like reading on the AHP 0.5+ 1.95 will have a small punt on reading over 2.5 goals which i can get for 3.25
I find myself drawn to a similar Reading goals bet here, but I'm not quite sure where you got your prices from. I'll be going on Reading to score over 1.5 at 9/4 - Bet365/SJ/Coral and a smaller bet on Reading to score over 2.5 goals at 9/1 - Coral With Vlaar being injured Villa will be weakened at the back. I also believe that having played 3 days ago, on a heavy pitch, against an Arsenal side who you normally have to do a lot of running against, will have taken quite a bit out of Villa and will lead to a more open game.

Re: Aston Villa v Reading > Tuesday Nov 27th i would be surprised in aston villa didn't build on their good result against arsenal. although they are still young and inexperienced squad i think they have plenty of motivation and optimism to win tonight. i think reading will be dangerous on the counter attacks but with a little luck for home team can see them winning

Re: Aston Villa v Reading > Tuesday Nov 27th Both teams will be desperate for the 3 points and I think an open game is on the cards. This is exactly the type of game where home/away and away/home ht/ft are definite runners and the 40/1 on it being Villa/Reading is just plain wrong. No way it would be 41 games before this happened in my opinion. Same really applies to Reading/Villa at 25's....

Re: Aston Villa v Reading > Tuesday Nov 27th Villa are definitely too short here at 1.8ish, shouldnt be below evens imo. They are still a side that is lacking quality even if the effort has been good in recent weeks. Mind you I wont be putting real money on this Reading side, there's surely better options in the other matches but they are overpriced by the bookies and the value appears to be with the away side in some capacity.

I find myself drawn to a similar Reading goals bet here, but I'm not quite sure where you got your prices from. I'll be going on Reading to score over 1.5 at 9/4 - Bet365/SJ/Coral and a smaller bet on Reading to score over 2.5 goals at 9/1 - Coral With Vlaar being injured Villa will be weakened at the back. I also believe that having played 3 days ago, on a heavy pitch, against an Arsenal side who you normally have to do a lot of running against, will have taken quite a bit out of Villa and will lead to a more open game.
my mistake was supposed to say over 1.5 goals for reading, with vlaar out as well i'm definately more confident in that selection

Reading + 0.5 @ 2.02 - bet365. I know I was leaning toward Villa earlier in the week, but now I think I'm in agreement with IAG, in that, I don't think Villa are particularly good value at below evens. Maybe a few years ago they might have been value, but I honestly think in some positions Reading have better players. And we know they will really get at Villa here. Whether they can keep it tight is debatable. I don't think they can, but it helps that Villa are one of the worst goal score red this season in the league. Vlaar has been confirmed out as well, so there will be a defensive reshuffle, which goes in Reading's favour. They can certainly pick up at least a point here.

Re: Aston Villa v Reading > Tuesday Nov 27th I think Aston Villa are heading in the right direction under Paul Lambert and I think they will edge this one tonight and take the 3 points. There last 3 games show L-L-D but these were Man Utd, Citeh & Arsenal so they can be excused. I can see it being a tight game but I also expect goals; Villa have scored at least once in 5 of their 6 home games, Reading have scored at least once in 4 of their 6 away games. Neither side are solid at the back as Villa have only kept 2 clean sheets in their 6 home games and Reading are yet to keep a clean sheet on the road this season. I think home advantage could be the difference here. 10pts Aston Villa - 2.00 @ VictorChandler 5pts Correct Score 1-1 - 9.00 @ VictorChandler

I think Aston Villa are heading in the right direction under Paul Lambert and I think they will edge this one tonight and take the 3 points. There last 3 games show L-L-D but these were Man Utd, Citeh & Arsenal so they can be excused. I can see it being a tight game but I also expect goals; Villa have scored at least once in 5 of their 6 home games, Reading have scored at least once in 4 of their 6 away games. Neither side are solid at the back as Villa have only kept 2 clean sheets in their 6 home games and Reading are yet to keep a clean sheet on the road this season. I think home advantage could be the difference here. 10pts Aston Villa - 2.00 @ VictorChandler +10pts 5pts Correct Score 1-1 - 9.00 @ VictorChandler -5pts
TOTAL: +5pts

quite disappointed in tonights game' date=' an early goal would have opened it right up, but reading had the better chances. oh well another night tomorrow to make up for it[/quote'] Thanks for this, I missed the game. Fair shout to anyone on the unders. In hindsight, that was the clever option here