Tennis thread.

Re: Tennis thread. Ancic to beat Federer + 5 @ 1.70 I still think this is a pretty good bet. In 2004/5 Ancic played 9 matches versus players ranked in the top 10 (4 at Slams). In the 5 non slams he won twice and nicked a set in 2 of the other two (versus Roddick and Coria) covering the handicap both times. Only Nalbandian managed to cover the handicap on carpet.

Re: Tennis thread.

would you believe it 7-5 and 6-3:eyes so loosing bet
Thought that was a good call...just got a bit unlucky. Whether this is relevant or not, WillHills are still showing Roddick v Karlsen, yet Roddick has withdrawn from the tournament. Is it worth sticking some money on Karlsen @ 7/1 just incase they make a bit of a boob on this one? :unsure

Re: Tennis thread. Don't see many problems for him. None of the results this week would put me off much, and 2005 could be a big year for Nadal, perhaps picking up a few titles to add to his first. Good start would be here. His movement might be a bit too much for Martin(who is playing well it has to be said.) :clap

Re: Tennis thread. A very strange match that one. Rafa raced into a 6-0 4-0 lead, and suddenly with the crowd giving him the sympathy vote Martin roars back to take the 2nd set 7-6(7-2). Then he kinda loses the sympathy vote, cos he's no longer way behind, and so Rafa returns to his first set domination and takes it 6-1. Strange :\ but a winner nonetheless.

Re: Tennis thread.

Yer, rounds off a good day for me actually. Was on him with stakes of 8/10. Nadal certainly could be one for the next few years. Sco
Only on clay, mate! ;) I think Ancic would be the one to watch on grass (not like he'll beat Federer, but he'll certainly run him close at Wimbledon)...