West Ham United V Sunderland > 22nd September

Jase82

Re: West Ham United V Sunderland > 22nd September Tough one to call this, West Ham have been very good so far this season, especially at keeping clean sheets which has surprised many but Sunderland offer a hard working, attacking threat that should mean a few goals in this one. Adam Johnson is back for Sunderland and along with Larsson, Sessengnon, McClean and the on fire Steven Fletcher I'm tempted to back Sunderland here, but throwing in West Ham's strong home record and strong home support I'm going to back both teams to score which looks a cert to me (if there is such a thing in football). Will put a cheeky tender on 2-1 Sunderland as well as have had a gut feeling all week about it. both teams to score - 4/5 Bet365 2-1 Sunderland - 13/1 Betfair

There are two important missings here. Andy Carroll for west ham and Carlos cuellar for sunderland. Tough one to call for me but I'd rather be on Sunderland in some form as I think they have looked better since Steven fletcher and Adam Johnson joined. And west ham without andy Carroll won't be the same side.

Re: West Ham United V Sunderland > 22nd September Not quite sure what to make of this one. West Ham have looked good at home, but have played Aston Villa (took a few games to get going) & Fulham (poor away side) and they will also be missing Andy Carroll for this one. West Ham were outplayed away to Swansea, and gained a credible 0-0 draw at Norwich. Sunderland on the other hand have drawn 3 tough games without ever really looking likely to win. Fletcher is on form so I would expect him to trouble West Ham's defence which looks weak on paper, however, West Ham look like they have goals in them at home. It all depends which Sunderland defence turns up on the day. Think this will be a tough game to call, but I will probably go for value on: Sunderland to win to nil - 5/1 @ Various

Re: West Ham United V Sunderland > 22nd September West Ham vs Sunderland UNDER 2.5 goals @ 3/4 (Bet365:4pts) This looks like a tough affair to me. West Ham won both of their home games so far beating Villa and Fulham without conceding, matches at Upton Park will be crucial to them staying up and Allardyce is always stressing the importance of defending well and trying to keep clean sheets. Going forward Ive not been that impressed by them so far bar the Fulham match where Carroll gave them a different dimension, he's injured now and their other strikers like Cole/Maiga are a step below. The endeavour is there though and they will be tough to beat at home this season imo. Sunderland have added some good attacking players but they are still gelling and players like Sessegnon are not firing fully yet. As usual with O'Neill sides you will get a compact defensive effort, get players behind the ball, they were very negative at home to Liverpool and as the away side today I'd expect them to set up to be hard to beat first of all and nick something if it gets stretched. Looks a hard fought match to me, would say score draw or narrow West Ham win so will play the unders. :hope

Re: West Ham United V Sunderland > 22nd September Sunderland +0.5 AH 1.94 @ Betfair - West Ham are far too short now at evens and i like the look of Sunderland on a +0.5 AH which i think is a very good price at close to evens. Sunderland have actually done quite well this season despite having only 3 points from 3 games. They got a fantastic point on the opening day at the Emirates without Fletcher and Johnson and they also got a good point at Swansea who were flying after their first two games when Sunderland had to play them. Then last week they got another decent point at home to Liverpool and i would actually say Sunderland have started the season well. West Ham have also started the season well with 7 points from their first 4 games but are yet to face a real test. They have had good home wins against Villa and Fulham and got a decent point at Norwich last weekend but were awful against Swansea a few weeks ago. West Ham have had 3 clean sheets in their first four games but i think the price on Sunderland is far too high. I think Fletcher, Larsson, McCl, Sessegnon etc. will cause the West Ham back four problems and the odds on this game suggest that West Ham would win 50% of the time but i really don't think that is the case so based on value i will go for Draw/Sunderland at quite generous odds.

Re: West Ham United V Sunderland > 22nd September I am right behind West Ham for this game. Sam Allardyce always tends to do well at home, i think Nolan will cause a lot of problems, and think Taylor will be a menace going forward also. Would be nice to have Carroll, but i still think West Ham are strong enough to win. If West Ham can mark Fletcher well, i think they will win, so that is the key to me. Sunderland also have an awful record historically away to the hammers. The Hammers are a different side at home, and should prevail in my opinion. *West Ham WIN*