The Caulfield Wrap: Big spring on the cards for Sincero

DeanK

[h=1]The Caulfield Wrap: Big spring on the cards for Sincero[/h] t289_9d4_057583-sincero.jpg The spring couldn’t have started any better for star 5 year old Sincero taking out the Memsie Stakes in a dominant display at Caulfield on Saturday. Backed into favouritism, the Steve Farley trained dual Group 1 winner blew away a hot field to begin his Melbourne spring campaign with a bang. "I came here last year thinking we were a chance in the best races, but I got a few things wrong," Farley said. "At the same time, I think I learned a lot." The race threw up a few surprises early with usual back marker Happy Trails flying out of the barriers to sit handy to the speed. He showed he’s come back in terrific form sticking on for a strong 2nd whilst fit and in form wet tracker Second Effort finished a game 3rd, but they were no match for Sincero who will contest the Underwood over 1800m next start at Caulfield. "He's got a turn of foot you can't believe," Farley said in praise of his horse "When he lets go he doesn't really quicken though, he lengthens." http://www.betzone.com.au/the-caulfield-wrap-big-spring-on-the-cards-for-sincero