Jump Racing Tuesday 28th August

Sedgefield 4.40 Flying Doctor 1PT WIN @ 5/2PP Flying Doctor returned to form with a very comfortable win at Cartmel on Thursday evening and bids to follow up under a 7lb penalty, which still leaves him well in based on some of his previous form. With the stables horses running well and the jockey one of the most experienced in the field I expect Flying Doctor to be able to defy the penalty

Re: Jump Racing Tuesday 28th August

Sedgefield 4.40 Flying Doctor 1PT WIN @ 5/2PP Flying Doctor returned to form with a very comfortable win at Cartmel on Thursday evening and bids to follow up under a 7lb penalty, which still leaves him well in based on some of his previous form. With the stables horses running well and the jockey one of the most experienced in the field I expect Flying Doctor to be able to defy the penalty
Have to say I think the price is too short, especially as the win was at Cartmell-one of those courses unique unto itself I feel-form there doesn't always translate particularly well I feel to other tracks especially the undulating nature of Sedgefield. At the prices I much prefer Lucy Alexander's mount Word of Warning as it seems to have come down to areasonable mark at last and does have a course win to its credit. Although generally I pay less attention as well to Jockey stats the record of Lucy at this track of a 21% strike rate and LSP of £48.83 compared to C WHillans 0 from 29 rides at the track speaks volumes in a conditional riders race.Stand Clear and Cool Star I expect also to be in the shake up and I wouldn't be surprised if Kilcaskin star outruns it's large odds on handicap debut in a pretty competitive race. However at the rpices it has to be Word of Warning 7/1 -1point E/W Paddy Power