** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Spurs v Norwich > 1st September

staffy

Re: Spurs v Norwich > 1st September This should be Tottenham's first victory for the season. Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch anything yet from Spurs two opening games but surely they look a bit different - you can say that by just looking the starting lineups (will AVB rely so much on Defoe this season?). Nevertheless I rate Norwich as my favorites for relegation this year and I don't believe that they will cope with this second year (not without Lambert - he just made these guys to overperform). AVB maybe is doing some changes at the team but he should not let his team to be winless for 3 consecutive game - not especially in such good opportunity at home for the 3 points. As I said I do not rate Norwich high right now and Spurs should have the firepower to get their first win for the season. Bettingwise I think you should take at least -1.25 for Tottenham in order to get some odds from this game (~1.80). Having in mind that Spurs should win with a margin I would trust them only a few units probably.

I agree with the calls for spurs here. They have been buoyed by Defoe signing a new contract, which will give them a lift. He seems to be more in favour under AVB than he was latterly under Redknapp, and I can see him finishing with twenty goals this season. I fancied Norwich for relegation this season, because I don't think they will match holt's goals and defensively they've never been that strong. I thought though that they may improve under hughton in that department, and I know it's early days, but they still look like they're incapable of keeping a clean sheet. Spurs were unfortunate last weekend to concede that late goal, but here I think they will run riot. Bale and Lennon are both fit and playing well IMO, and I'd expect spurs to maybe make another signing before the end of today. Normally you'd expect spurs to be shorter here, so the 1.40 on offer could still offer some value to fans of short prices. I think though that there aren't too many bets here that appeals let to me. Maybe a double of spurs and Newcastle.

Re: Spurs v Norwich > 1st September

Van der vaart looks set to join hamburg. I don't think that will have much of an impact here' date=' but they will obviously be suffering from less creativity.[/quote'] Agree with you - they should be fine in the short term I think but AVB will have to find a creative and playmaker in the mid in the long term. Anyway happy enough to take Spurs -1.25 @ 1.825 with medium stakes from Bet365 (reasons posted above). GL!

Re: Spurs v Norwich > 1st September Selection Tottenham (Normal Bet) Strength 10/10 Date 01/09/2012 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.40 Reasoning Spurs only have 1 point from there first 2 games but think they will kick start their season with a win against Norwich. Norwich won this fixture last season but I feel this season is going to be a lot tougher for them and can see them being towards the bottom of the table at the end of the season.

Re: Spurs v Norwich > 1st September Norwich +1.5 (AH) @ 1.917 (Pinnacle) Spurs have one point from their first two games of the season, and it is quite obvious that they have yet to gel under new manager AVB. They have lost one of their best players of the last two seasons in VDV, and although his replacement Dembele is a quality player, it will take him a few weeks to integrate himself in the team. Without Modric, they lack a creative player in midfield to set up the goals. Livermore is a good passer but does not have the range of passes or the vision that Modric has. Sandro is a defensive MF and Sigurdsson is an attacking MF player who prefers to receive the ball in the final third. Bale has not been on top form and Lennon is hit and miss. Defoe and Adebayor are quality players, and Norwich will have to minimise the space they get. IMO, AVB will be found out this season. At Porto, he had a team full of players infinitely better than any other side in Portugal, and he had an easy run in the Europa league. Some would say that it would have been impossible to fail to win the Portugese league with Moutinho, Hulk, Falcao etc. He failed at Chelsea and I wouldn't be surprised if he failed at Spurs too. Norwich will hit Spurs on the break, and do have quality creative players in the final third in the likes of Snodgrass and Pilkington. Chris Hughton is a good manager and I don't agree with Norwich being favourites to be relegated. Just under evens to avoid a two goal defeat is good value for me.

Re: Spurs v Norwich > 1st September Spurs have replaced pretty much every departure this season with an adequate new addition. I watched the whole match last week & Spurs should have been like 3 up in the first half, but second half was end to end and WBA deserved the point. Here I'm pretty confident in spurs getting the first 3 points against a side who I see struggling big time this term. Plenty of new faces who want to be at the club & impress, home game and a pretty talented manager should result in a comfortable Spurs win 5 units @ 1.40 PP

Norwich +1.5 (AH) @ 1.917 (Pinnacle) Spurs have one point from their first two games of the season, and it is quite obvious that they have yet to gel under new manager AVB. They have lost one of their best players of the last two seasons in VDV, and although his replacement Dembele is a quality player, it will take him a few weeks to integrate himself in the team. Without Modric, they lack a creative player in midfield to set up the goals. Livermore is a good passer but does not have the range of passes or the vision that Modric has. Sandro is a defensive MF and Sigurdsson is an attacking MF player who prefers to receive the ball in the final third. Bale has not been on top form and Lennon is hit and miss. Defoe and Adebayor are quality players, and Norwich will have to minimise the space they get. IMO, AVB will be found out this season. At Porto, he had a team full of players infinitely better than any other side in Portugal, and he had an easy run in the Europa league. Some would say that it would have been impossible to fail to win the Portugese league with Moutinho, Hulk, Falcao etc. He failed at Chelsea and I wouldn't be surprised if he failed at Spurs too. Norwich will hit Spurs on the break, and do have quality creative players in the final third in the likes of Snodgrass and Pilkington. Chris Hughton is a good manager and I don't agree with Norwich being favourites to be relegated. Just under evens to avoid a two goal defeat is good value for me.
Easy. 2/2 in PL today :ok

Norwich +1.5 (AH) @ 1.917 (Pinnacle) Spurs have one point from their first two games of the season, and it is quite obvious that they have yet to gel under new manager AVB. They have lost one of their best players of the last two seasons in VDV, and although his replacement Dembele is a quality player, it will take him a few weeks to integrate himself in the team. Without Modric, they lack a creative player in midfield to set up the goals. Livermore is a good passer but does not have the range of passes or the vision that Modric has. Sandro is a defensive MF and Sigurdsson is an attacking MF player who prefers to receive the ball in the final third. Bale has not been on top form and Lennon is hit and miss. Defoe and Adebayor are quality players, and Norwich will have to minimise the space they get. IMO, AVB will be found out this season. At Porto, he had a team full of players infinitely better than any other side in Portugal, and he had an easy run in the Europa league. Some would say that it would have been impossible to fail to win the Portugese league with Moutinho, Hulk, Falcao etc. He failed at Chelsea and I wouldn't be surprised if he failed at Spurs too. Norwich will hit Spurs on the break, and do have quality creative players in the final third in the likes of Snodgrass and Pilkington. Chris Hughton is a good manager and I don't agree with Norwich being favourites to be relegated. Just under evens to avoid a two goal defeat is good value for me.
Easy. 2/2 in PL today :ok
Nice bet mate! Well deserved.

Re: Spurs v Norwich > 1st September We were absolutely shocking today and Norwich fully deserved something from the game. Some of AVB's decisions are baffling like playing Livermore instead of Dembele from the start and then at half-time taking Sandro off instead of Livermore. I can't believe that he started Defoe again instead of Adebayor as every man and his dog knows Defoe can't play up front by himself. Apart from the goal we scored i am actually struggling to think of a time when we made the Norwich keeper make a save. One of the worst performances i've seen at the Lane for a few years. I hate to say it but we badly missed Modric and Van Der Vaart today.