Flat Racing Sunday 26th August

15.20 Goodwood: Regal Realm @ 7/1 Bet365 Competitive race but Regal Realm looks overpriced. She won over course and distance in pretty impressive fashion a Group 3 just three weeks ago. Tomorrows race is probably stronger but Regal Realm has a 100% record at Goodwood and won't mind the soft ground either. She is still lightly raced as well and there should be more room for improvement. There is also plenty to like about here. The form of her debut for example, when she also broke her maiden tag in the first attempt, is very strong as she beat multiple Group winner Gamilati and also this years Irish Derby winner Samitar in that race. She went on to win a Group 3 during her 2yo campaign a she won the Prestige Stakes at Goodwood where she beat Questing who won two big Grade 1's in America this year. She tried her luck in two Group 2's then but clearly didn't show her true form there. She started the new season with a poor effort in a G3 at Newmarket, but needed that run probably. She was much improved at Goodwood then when she won the already mentioned Oaks Tree Stakes. Overall I think she has still more to offer and her price is much bigger then I expected bearing in mind she is a multiple Group 3 winner. 16.50 Yarmouth: Count Ceprano @ 20/1 Bet365 The 8yo Count Ceprano slipped down to a very handy mark as he's now 3lb below his last winning mark. He won at Lingfield of a mark off 65 last year for apprentice Simon Pearce who will ride Count Ceprano tomorrow again. He is 1/1 over course and distance and despite some poor recent efforts I think he can run a big race tomorrow. It's hard to be really confident about any horse in this race but Count Ceprano will find conditions in his favour as a decent pace looks on the card which is vital for his chance. Also the fast ground is definitely what he likes even though he has also form on slower ground. But the combination of likely fast pace, low handicap mark and track + ground in favour I think Count Ceprano has every chance to outran his price.

Re: Flat Racing Sunday 26th August 3.10 Curragh: Bettor.com Flying Five Stakes (Group 3) (5f) Trappy looking contest and with 5 English raiders out of the eight runners its looking grim for the home team once again in this race but with Fire Lily they have a real chance of keeping the prize at home. She is in great heart and should be able to cope with the ground. Of the others I like Inxile now he has struck form for the Dandy Nicholls yard, these sprinters tend to have good spells and bad spells and it’s worth sticking with them once they are in the mood and just gets the edge for me. Selections: 2pts Inxile 3/1 Bet365 Full Preview; http://www.punterslounge.com/curragh-betting-dandy-to-take-flying-five-with-inxile-at-the-curragh

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.