** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Aidy's Antepost Thread

After a great year on the golf, i am going to do an antepost thread as most of my betting nowadays is antepost betting. It won't be just golf. Will also be doing horse racing, football, rugby, snooker and Gaelic Games. Will concentrate on those 6 sports, it is plenty! I find for me personally, the best way to bet is antepost, as i can spend relatively small sums of money each week, and come the event you will have a nice bet on, where you can sit back and enjoy the event. It has paid off in the golf this year where i had the first 3 major winners, and had a place on Poulter in the USPGA. However, no more golf majors now for the next 8 months, so i will be able to concentrate on other sports until January 2013. Could turn out to be disastrous, but hey, it's gambling, and the way i will spend so much per week, i won't miss it going! Looking forward to this venture. Will have my first bet in a couple of days time. :D

Re: Aidy's Antepost Thread *The Nunthorpe Stakes - York 24th of August* *Nocturnal Affair - 4 Points WIN @ 25/1 Betfred* *Hamish McGonagall - 2 Points WIN @ 20/1 Betfred* *Sole Power - 2 Points WIN @ 7/1 Bet365* I think it is important when antepost betting to try and get the horses that you know are being targeted for the specific race. I do know that all 3 of my selections here are being targeted at the race, so that is half the battle for me. Nocturnal Affair is my main bet as i feel he is way overpriced at 25/1. The David Marnane trained 6 year old had some great runs over in Meydan at the Dubai Carnival during the winter where he won a valuable handicap and in the Al Quoz sprint on the final night, he was 6th behind Ortensia, but was only 2 lengths behind that horse on the night, and was only about half a length behind Sole Power who was 2nd that night, so there is not much between them at all on the form line, and Ortensia and Sole Power are two of the market leaders for this race. He then had a 5 month break and Marnane ran him in a Listed event at Tipperary where it was a very nice 2nd to Inxile, and was not given an awfully hard time as it was a prep run, and that was highly encouraging. The trainer is quietly confident that he can snatch the Nunthorpe and i feel 25/1 will look a big price come the day. I have also put a bet on Hamish McGonagall, as his record at York is exceptional, and he was 2nd in the Nunthorpe last year. From 13 runs at York, Hamish has had 4 wins and 4 places, this is where the horse thrives. Last year, he was 2nd to Margot Did in the same race @ 28/1, and there is no reason why he can't go close once more. Tim Easterby is confident of a big run on the back of the horse's victory in a Listed event at York last time out where he led pillar to post. If he get's an easy lead in the Nunthorpe, he could be hard to peg back, and 20/1 is a nice price. I have also had a couple of points on Sole Power who has to have a big chance in this race. This horse will always be remembered for it's 100/1 win in the Knavesmire two years ago and if the ground comes up dry for the Nunthorpe, this is the horse they all have to beat. If the ground is not good or better, i can't see the horse running, so it is a bit of a risk. Sole Power has been placed on it's last 4 starts, he was 2nd in both it's runs in Meydan, only lost by a neck to Bated Breath at Haydock in the Temple Stakes, and last time out was a very good 3rd to Little Bridge in the King's Stand Stakes at Ascot. On form, he has to be bang there come the finish.

Re: Aidy's Antepost Thread *UEFA Champions League Outright 2012/2013* *Manchester City - 5 Points WIN @ 15/2 Bwin* Even though i am a devout Manchester United fan, Manchester City are to be feared in Europe's elite competition this season. City's winning of the title last year will have given the fans and players a huge boost coming into this season, and the first-time experience of the champions league last year, i feel they will have learnt a lot from it. There has been more than 1 billion quid pumped into this club, so it would be a catastrophe for the owners if they cannot claim the most coveted prize in Europe. Mancini has signed a new 5 year deal which will give some stability to the club, and the young Jack Rodwell who they just signed looks like a very promising english footballer. What you need to win a Champions League is to be strong defensively and be capable to score plenty of goals. City are very strong all over the park, they have Kompany in the backs who is probably the best centre back in the world at the moment along with Vidic. Silva pulling the strings in midfield and Tevez/Aguero/Balotelli to choose from up front. I feel City will get to the semi final's at the very least, and if they do they won't be 15/2, so i feel there is value in the price.

Re: Aidy's Antepost Thread *Heineken Cup Outright 2012/2013* *Munster - 5 Points WIN @ 16/1 Sportingbet* I feel Munster may have a good chance in the Heineken Cup this coming season. They have just signed Casey Lualala who has played for the Cardiff Blues and the Canterbury Crusaders in New Zealand. He is a terrific player and will bring a lot to the Munster side this year. Also the new signing of manager Rob Penney who in the past was the manager of Canterbury should be a big boost to the club in general. He is a very educated and positive manager who should bring a lot of value to the club. Lualala has played for the All-Blacks twice, and any player who gets an All-Black cap has to be a highly talented player. It will take Munster some time to adjust to the new things happening in the club, but if they do gel quite soon they can threaten for the Heineken Cup once more. They have a tough group to get through, facing Racing Metro, Saracens and Edinburgh who were semi-finalists last year. If they get through the group stage, they will be no bigger than 8/1 for the HC, and i am confident this could be a good year for Munster after a few years of hardship and being second best to Leinster. I feel at 16/1 they are worth a bet.

Re: Aidy's Antepost Thread *Haydock Sprint Cup - September 8th* *Slade Power - 2.5 Points WIN @ 21.0 Betfair (Matched)* *Slade Power - 7.5 Points WIN @ 21.0 Betfair (Unmatched)* *Society Rock - 2 Points WIN @ 13.0 (Matched)* A cracking race in prospect here, and i like the price of Slade Power who has been targeted at this race for quite some time. This animal has been ultra-consistent in it's career so far, never been out of the top 2 in it's sex races to date. A huge plus for the horse is that it already ran here at Haydock, and won, beating Es Que Love in a Listed event two starts back, so the track does suit. Last time out it also won another Listed race at Fairyhouse, beating Arctic. It is also versatile with regard the ground, as has won on good to firm and has won on soft. 6f is it's perfect trip also. The trainer has had 2 winners at Haydock from 6 runners, producing a profit of +9.00 to level stakes, and this horse has to be feared in this contest and is a nice price. I have 2.5 points matched so far, am waiting to get the rest matched on Betfair. Another danger is Society Rock. It really caught the eye two runs back at Ascot where it missed the break and finished a very close 5th to Black Caviar, and if it had broken on level terms, a lot of people reckon it would have won the race. That form has to be taken seriously. Last time out it was 3rd in a Group 1 behind Mayson, and finished ahead of Ortensia who is only a 7/1 shot for the Sprint Cup, so i feel there is value on Society Rock at 13.0.

Re: Aidy's Antepost Thread

*Haydock Sprint Cup - September 8th* *Slade Power - 2.5 Points WIN @ 21.0 Betfair (Matched)* *Slade Power - 7.5 Points WIN @ 21.0 Betfair (Unmatched)* *Society Rock - 2 Points WIN @ 13.0 (Matched)* A cracking race in prospect here, and i like the price of Slade Power who has been targeted at this race for quite some time. This animal has been ultra-consistent in it's career so far, never been out of the top 2 in it's sex races to date. A huge plus for the horse is that it already ran here at Haydock, and won, beating Es Que Love in a Listed event two starts back, so the track does suit. Last time out it also won another Listed race at Fairyhouse, beating Arctic. It is also versatile with regard the ground, as has won on good to firm and has won on soft. 6f is it's perfect trip also. The trainer has had 2 winners at Haydock from 6 runners, producing a profit of +9.00 to level stakes, and this horse has to be feared in this contest and is a nice price. I have 2.5 points matched so far, am waiting to get the rest matched on Betfair. Another danger is Society Rock. It really caught the eye two runs back at Ascot where it missed the break and finished a very close 5th to Black Caviar, and if it had broken on level terms, a lot of people reckon it would have won the race. That form has to be taken seriously. Last time out it was 3rd in a Group 1 behind Mayson, and finished ahead of Ortensia who is only a 7/1 shot for the Sprint Cup, so i feel there is value on Society Rock at 13.0.
Decided not to wait for my 7.5 Points to be matched @ 21.0 and took what i could. Slade Power - 2.5 Points WIN @ 21.0 - 2 Points WIN @ 20.0 - 5.5 Points WIN @ 19.5 All matched now.