** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Unfair stewarding

Miss SM Stack daughter of successful Irish trainer recieved a 14 day ban for not riding out for the best possible placing on Monday evening at Carlisle , it was her first ride in the UK and having only had 1 other ride in Ireland. Richard Hughes a brilliant but lazy jockey who is on fire at the moment when he's in contention for a win is had a 4 timer yesterday afternoon , his other 2 rides were as ususal last and second last when all chance of a win has gone. Hughes very often does not ride out for the best possible placing when why doesn't he get similar bans ? I'm sure a lot of you will remember amateur Miss L Probert a couple of years ago having her first ever ride only to tire in the final furlong and comming second on a fav. She was given the maximum punishment of 28 day which was applicable on days which had amateur racing which in effect meant she was banned for 6 months !!!! In these 2 examples both riders were inexperienced but given very hefty sentences however day in and day out we see professional jockeys not getting the best possible placing and they get no form of punishment. Very frustrating if you are gambling on a place , betting on distances or match betting. To me this is very unfair to amateurs / inexperienced jockeys and also to punters . Laura Probert had a ride the following week before starting her 6 month ban , but we have not seen her again . There may be reasons which we don't know why , but it wouldn't surprise me if she quit after being treated so unfairly.