WGC Bridgestone Invitational

RussP

Re: WGC Bridgestone Invitational I'm taking 4 in this. H.Mahan to win WGC Bridgestone, 2pts EW @ 25/1 Bet365 (1/4 odds 1-5) Excusing last years 37th place finish, Mahan has had a terrific time here with the previous 3 years resulting in 3 Top 10's culminating in a win in 2010. Course form is always a plus around here so that's a major tick in the box. His form at the beginning of this season was excellent, including a couple of wins and there's been some signs lately he's returning to that sort of form. Didn't have the greatest week last week but previous to that, he put in some really solid golf at the Travelers, AT&T and British Open. Hits the ball a far distance and is pretty tidy on the carpet which are 2 key attributes this week. Of the market leaders, he's the one I fancy most and will carry my money in his bid to repeat his victory of 2 years back. L.Oosthuizen to win WGC Bridgestone, 2pts EW @ 50/1 Bet365 (1/4 odds 1-5) As many of you know, Oosty is one of my favourite golfers. Another golfer with winning form this season, twice on the European Tour, plus a play off defeat to Bubba in the Masters, Louis has a solid chance this week. Top 10 finish here 2 years ago on his debut preceded an average effort last year but his form this term give me hope at a big price. Ranks well on driving distance but more impressive for me is his putting. Doesn't always hole as many as he should but ranks 1st on under 5ft putting which proves he can handle the pressure. It is narrow margins in this game and that's just the sort of stat that could see him back in the winners enclosure. In an open field, I rate him much better than a 50/1 shot. K.Bradley to win WGC Bridgestone, 2pts EW @ 66/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 odds 1-5) This time 12 months ago was his time. Finished 15th here on his first appearance which perhaps should have been better and would have been but for a 74 in Round 4. He quickly made up for that though, by winning his 1st major, the USPGA just 1 week later. Hasn't yet followed it up in 2012, winless so far, but does have 3 Top 10's to his name. His stats this year suggest he should be winning soon, 1st for All Around. In terms of what's required to win this, he's 16th on Tour for driving distance and 65th for putting. Ranks well too on the birdie & eagle stats so has plenty in place for a solid run. Too big a price for the World No 28. B.Van Pelt to win WGC Bridgestone, 1.5pts EW @ 40/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 odds 1-5) On the verge of something great, I'm sure, Bo has 7 Top 10's this year which is more than anyone else on Tour. Having his best season yet, all that's missing is a win and that could come in an event where he debuted with a 3rd and followed it up with a 23rd last year. Driving is pretty solid, sat comfortably inside the Top 50 and is even more impressive with the short stick where he lies inside the top 15. Is the type of golfer that could begin to look frustrating but does look a real solid player and I'm prepared to give him one more chance in his attempt to enter the winners enclosure.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.