Switzerland > Super League > 21-22 July

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 21 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Basel v FC Luzern (18:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8.4 [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Lausanne-Sport v FC St. Gallen (18:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.46 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 22 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]BSC Young Boys v Grasshopper Club Zürich (12:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.47 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7 [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Sion v Servette FC (12:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.25 [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Zürich v FC Thun (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.51 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.42 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Switzerland > Super League > 21-22 July A quick glance at it before analyzing this round in more depth, hopefully later tonight. Basel and YB look to low at 1.45 and 1.47 (especially YB), value on Sion looks rather slim, maybe some value in Lausanne not losing at home.

Re: Switzerland > Super League > 21-22 July Lausanne - St. Gallen Lausanne achieved a 0-0 in the first round against Thun away, while St. Gallen played 1-1 at home against YB, in which was their first match after going up again to Super League. Lausanne had played defensively and very disciplined, but profited from Thun being not very creative as well. They stayed dangerous on counter attacks throughout the match. St. Gallen found it hard to start against YB, but turned the match in the second half and even dominated their opponents. Both teams are basically unchanged and can use near best squad. I would assume no big difference in strength between the two, with the upside more on St. Gallen. Despite playing at home, I would not expect Lausanne to change their defensive tactics and I would assume that St. Gallen won't be too eager to attack. The value in my opinion is on St. Gallen on losing this one, so I will go with an AH bet of St. Gallen +0.5 St. Gallen +0.5 @1.62 (BF, unmatched at time of writing)

Re: Switzerland > Super League > 21-22 July Basel - Lucerne Basel one the first match away @Servette 1-0 and as well in CL qualification in Estonia (2-0 away). In both matches they were not extremely convincing, but showed their class especially in the striking zone. New midfield player Diaz had a very good first match for Basel in CL quali and seems to find his teammates already quite well with his passes. Lucerne played 1-1 at home against Zurich, equalizing in the last minute of stoppage time. Up until then they should have been down already by 2 or 3 goals, so their opener was not really promising. Basel will miss midfielder F. Frei and Salah and will certainly field the two new south-americans Diaz and Sauro in their hmoe debut. Lucerne is missing Wiss and Hochstraser (due to Olympic games), so they will be mainly unchanged from last week. Lucerne last year always put up a hard fight against Basel and their manager Yakin will without a doubt come up with some specific tactics again. Basel has superior strength and form, but at 1.63, I don't see any value, OTOH I would not want to go against them (and not only because I am a Basel fan), so I will leave this one. No bet

Re: Switzerland > Super League > 21-22 July YB - GC YB drew 1-1 in St.Gallen, dominating the first half and scoring a very nice goal. Second half for no apparent reason they completely lost control and were neatly dominated. Thursday in EL qualification they got a meager 1-0 against a Moldavian team. GC played well, once again, in their first match and once again, they lost (2-0) against a mediocre Sion and by conceding a very stupid 2nd goal (GK error). YB is still missing Bobadilla and Doubai, so they have the same squad as last week. GC is missing Zuber and Abrashi. Even though YB should be by far superior, they have not convinced as of yet, so at 1.48 I don't see any value in them. This in turn means that their should be some value in draw/GC. Personally I don't like the long-shots and especially GC has to prove that they can perform up to their talent. If they continue their losing streak for another 1-2 matches, going against GC always might become a good tactic. Until then, I am leaving this one alone. No bet.

Re: Switzerland > Super League > 21-22 July Sion - Servette Sion won, albeit unconvincingly away against GC. Gattuso is already the boss and new striker Leo put in two goals. Servette lost at home against Basel, but was well organized and dangerous on counter attacks (mainly former Sion player Treand). In EL quali they one 2-0 without being convincing. Sion is almost full strength and will probably field the same squad as last week. Servette has some injured players, limiting their bench; again, identical squad should start. Sion has a very talented team and even though not overly convincing in their first match, I would expect a much improved performance at home were they are usually a force. Servette is an OK team, but not great and when put under pressure, the defense offered some weaknesses during the first match and pressure they will get from Sion. Albeit Sion is only @1.59 at time of writing I still see enough value to go with an outright bet on them. Sion @1.59 (BF)

Re: Switzerland > Super League > 21-22 July Zurich - Thun Zurich had a good first match away in Lucerne, with new striker Gavranovic all over the place. He scored the 1-0 on penalty and should have put in another 1-2. Some slip in concentration during the last quarter cost them the victory. Thun was dominating its first match against Lausanne, without ever becoming overly dangerous and in the 2nd half they allowed 2-3 dangerous counter attacks. Ferreira is already well integrated and acting as a playmaker as long as Krstic is out on injury. Zurich is missing all-time injured Chikaoui, Texeira and Gavranovic are doubtful. Thun is missing playmaker Krstic. Zurich seems to be on track for a better season, their first match was promising. Thun had a slow start, but will certainly be more defensive in Zurich, a style that suits them more. It will be interesting to see if Zurich is already as far as to dominate against a defensive opponent and able to create chances. With Gavranovic doubtful, I am leaving this for the moment and might revisit shortly before the match, in case I get new informations. Wait.

Re: Switzerland > Super League > 21-22 July Well a bit of bad luck there for you Chris, Basel could have won it in the last minute, but hit the inner side of the post. But to be honest, they wouldn't have deserved it, Lucerne over all at least equal. Two good results for me with St. Gallen and Sion winning, even though Sion's win wasn't that clear cut.

Re: Switzerland > Super League > 21-22 July short write-up of the round before this thread enters into oblivion Basel - Lucerne 2-2 Quiet a good match for early season, Lucerne with good pressing posing Basel all kinds of trouble. Once Basel got their act together more or less, they went to dominate, but were always open for counter attacks. Both teams could have won in the last 10 minutes. All in all Basel was very weak defensively. Lausanne - St. Gallen 0-1 Lausanne dominated neatly the first half hour, creating some chances. After the goal in the 30th, St. Gallen became better and had more chances than Lausanne. All in all, both teams seem to be on a similar level as expected. Sion - Servette 1-0 2nd match, 2 win for Sion and 2nd loss for Servette. Sion was slightly better, but Servette played well again, but were just not using their chances. In the end they lost due to a black-out from their GK. Gattuso had to be substituted again, wonder if he is really fit enough. YB - GC 0-1 First win since 9 matches for GC. Quiet even teams, both missing a penalty each and creating some decent chances. Zürich - Thun 0-2 A defensive Thun controlled Zurich easily, not allowing hardly any chances. On counter attacks, they could score rather easily against a Zurich defense that definitely still has problems.