A new start

Aidymac

Hi guys, i play a lot of poker, but never much online. I would love to get started through PL Poker, but wouldn't have a clue where to begin, what websites to use, what stakes to use, what time to play, what events to play in etc etc etc. If anyone could show me the ropes it would be much appreciated, many thanks.

Re: A new start Aidymac, if you have played live then you probably know the basics of poker. The biggest difference between live and online is the speed of play. Online your decision making time is much shorter. You also have a lot less tells than live. As far as sites are concerned their are a lot of good sites. My own preference is down to the style of graphics the site uses. I play a lot on Ipoker sites like paddy power and ongame like betfair. I play less on sites like poker stars mainly because the site has too many players. A tournament on poker stars can easily have 6,000 players and run for 8 to 10 hours. As the sites are open 24 h you can play when you want. Generally their is little difference in the skill levels irrespective of the time you play. Download a couple of sites, make a small deposit and try them out.

Re: A new start The Poker Diary there in the stickies is (mostly) the added value tournaments that people post up about. If anything looks of interest click on the details link next to the entry and it will take you to the thread with all the details. :ok If you are downloading any sites to play on, you'll find a hyperlink in most threads or follow the bookmaker links down the side here and then look for their poker link.

Re: A new start

The Poker Diary there in the stickies is (mostly) the added value tournaments that people post up about. If anything looks of interest click on the details link next to the entry and it will take you to the thread with all the details. :ok If you are downloading any sites to play on' date=' you'll find a hyperlink in most threads or follow the bookmaker links down the side here and then look for their poker link.[/quote'] Thank you madame!