Opinions

I was thinking about the methods I use for selections, and then started noting them down. Having done that I looked at them and thought I would try and put a weighting against them, showing the importance they have in trying to find a winner. I found i changed the weighting for each value that many times and I eventually ended up arguing with myself, and if I looked again in twenty minutes I would probably change them again! I think in all honesty I do not use them all at the same time, but I seem to use them in groups, usually to back up an opinion I already have. I was hoping for opinions from the many excellent people on here who are far cleverer than me, on what they would consider to be the most important factors. Here is my latest list, but hurry I might change it soon :) Trainer Form 10, Going 10, Is it off 10, Video Form 9, Distance 9, OR 8, Weight 8, Draw 8, Course 7, Results of horses from its last race 7, Collateral Form 7, Jockey 7, Race Class 7, Type of Race 6, Days Since Last Run 6, Recent Form 6, Ratings 6, Time of year for form 5. ( I have changed this twice while I have been typing).

Re: Opinions Interesting.... I would probably have 'market strength' in there somewhere although that current factor doesn't influence whether I will bet or not.... Using your criteria, I'd go, (this is more what I act on than perhaps what I should act on!) Trainer Form 2 Going 6 Is it off 1 Video Form 8 Distance 8 OR 10 - in the respect of what mark they are running under.... Weight 0 Draw 7 Course 6 - massive failing on my part Results of horses from its last race 7 Collateral Form 4 Jockey 3 - massive failing - again! Race Class 6 Type of Race ?? Days Since Last Run 6 Recent Form 10 Ratings 10 - as in my own ratings! Time of year for form 1 I think every race and the condition/circumstance of a race makes each aspect more or less important though. I've tried to be general in my ratings!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.