** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

England > Antepost > Ryman Prem

[TABLE=class: list_coupon standard_table coupon_event] [TR] [TH]Sat 1 Jun 15:00 [/TH] [TH=class: button] Price [/TH] [/TR]

[TR] [TD]Lowestoft Town[/TD] [TD=class: button] 10/3 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Lewes[/TD] [TD=class: button] 9/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Wealdstone[/TD] [TD=class: button] 9/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bury Town[/TD] [TD=class: button] 10/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Thurrock[/TD] [TD=class: button] 12/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Whitehawk[/TD] [TD=class: button] 14/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Carshalton Athletic[/TD] [TD=class: button] 14/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Hampton & Richmond[/TD] [TD=class: button] 14/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Canvey Island[/TD] [TD=class: button] 14/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Metropolitan Police[/TD] [TD=class: button] 16/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Kingstonian[/TD] [TD=class: button] 16/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Leiston[/TD] [TD=class: button] 16/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Margate[/TD] [TD=class: button] 16/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bognor Regis Town[/TD] [TD=class: button] 25/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Cray Wanderers[/TD] [TD=class: button] 25/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]East Thurrock United[/TD] [TD=class: button] 25/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Hendon[/TD] [TD=class: button] 25/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Concord Rangers[/TD] [TD=class: button] 33/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Enfield Town[/TD] [TD=class: button] 33/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Harrow Borough[/TD] [TD=class: button] 40/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Wingate & Finchley[/TD] [TD=class: button] 40/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Hastings United[/TD] [TD=class: button] 66/1 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: England > Antepost > Ryman Prem Ladbrokes' generally risk-free Ryman list is out. Whitehawk, who've seen some business on BetVictor's offering, where they've been backed into 8s, are available at 12s at Ladbrokes. Carshalton Athletic, who also saw some money at BetVictor's initial 14s, are 10s on Ladbrokes (the same place were BetVictor are now). More on this section of course, but all in good time.

• 1 month later...

Re: England > Antepost > Ryman Prem It's a pretty interesting season ahead - a tricky one to punt on antepost. The books have Lowestoft Town as clear favourites since July, which is change from the past two seasons, when they have started further out before being backed in. With two unsuccessful play-off campaigns and a bigger squad than most they will surely go well, but I can't see much value in the price. Lubo Guentchev and Dean Sinclair have gone - two key performers from last season - and I wonder whether the management team can deliver: this is their third bite at the cherry. On the plus side, the defence looks solid, as does midfield, but they have to get the blend right up front. I know nothing about the Portuguese lads they've signed up, but that should add some variety that has been lacking. I'd say they were amongst the favourites but not outright favourites. Whitehawk have been steadily backed since the initial offerings, and I've even had a small piece myself. There's something of the Brackleys about them - a small club with no visible means of support. But with headline signings like Matt Lawrence and Scott McLeish, and key bodies such as Sam Gargan, James Fraser and Mark Knee all staying, the squad looks strong to me. They haven't been thrown together in July either: there is an organic feel to the squad. I can see them doing very well, although strictly speaking 13/2 is a bit skinny given what was available and they have been conceding quite a few goals in pre-season. Carshalton Athletic have just about the most talented squad in the section, though they are being run by the owner who is doing his best to get some UEFA tickets under his belt, while simultaneously doing his best to alienate a significant chunk of the fanbase. Early summer, when they called in Jamie Lawrence as assistant boss, I was bullish about their chances, but he lasted about three weeks. Tens isn't great value and it's a watching brief for me. Wealdstone have been excellent in pre-season and there are enough Ryman voices suggesting they can go all the way. It's Richard Jolly's swangsong season and he could easily go out with a 30-goal finale. He'll need to establish a decent strike partner, which may or may not prove to be Peter Dean. In their favour is the fact that they play the best football in the section - on their day and for short bursts, they can look like something from a couple of sections higher. The downside - as with just about everyone else in this section - is that beyond the first team the squad falls away quickly. It'll be a good test for them on Saturday against a strong Met Police as last season's suspensions are kicking in, but I'd say 10s is pretty good value. Canvey Island have been widely tipped since Steve Tilson took over, and they've signed some useful bodies, including the excellent James Hawes. It's early days but I'm guessing they'll be mostly solid with an attacking philosophy - a more attractive version of Billericay last season, if less physically robust. I think it might take a while to get into their stride, though 12s has its attractions. Bury Town, I think, can be struck off the list, even at 16s. They were a bit short of a championship-winning side last season, and there have been scratching around a bit this summer for bodies. Lewes have had a mixed time of it in pre-season and perhaps it's too early for me to think they are value at the prices available. Thurrock - with the most dangerous manager in the section in Mark Stimson - are in mid-rebuild and it's hard to make sense of their pre-season as they have been facing weaker outfits. Once they get on a run, though, they could go well and for me they are ones to watch in the match betting. There are some bigger numbers, however, that do appeal. Kingstonian at 28s have been revamping the squad after a turbulent season, and have a fully focused Dean Lodge on board, though I am disappointed to see Tom Bird go - a consistent performer from last season. Man for man, this is not a 25/1 squad. Margate will see lots of followers at 33s as they have been very good in pre-season and Sam Long and Carl Rook add to the squad. In a close section, the price is attractive. Best of all, at 28s (Corals), Met Police come into the reckoning. They've signed Craig Tanner, Joe Dolan, Matt Smart and Andre Scarlett, who all bring plenty of experience to the table. They've also been playing okay in pre-season and they are my dark horses at a cracking price. A really difficult league to call. I'll take a stab at a top five of Whitehawk, Met Police, Wealdstone, Kingstonian and Lowestoft Town, though the top three really could be in any order you choose. The openness of the section means I haven't been devoting too much money towards it but at the prices currently available there's certainly a case for including Wealdstone EW accas and for taking an EW single on Met Police at 28s.