BBOTD Monday June 25th

19.50 Thirsk: Dozy Joe EW @ 16/1 Boylesports It's an interesting and tricky Handicap here but I fancy the chance Dozy Joe and Glendridding. For competition purposes I'll give Dozy Joe my nod who has a more interesting profile after all. He looks not particularly appealing at the first glance, though I think he could easily run a big race tomorrow. He had a very good 2yo campaign but couldn't live up to the expectations as a 3yo. He had only four runs last year, mainly well beaten but showed a bit of promise earlier this year on the All-Weather. His only start on turf was a disappointing one, though. He's been well beaten Newbury, but 1m probably stretched his stamina too much and also the fast ground was not in his favour. He's now back after a small break and his Handicap mark is now down to a dangerously low 77,. He steps also back in trip to 7f what will be in his favour. Another interesting fact is the ground. Of his six starts on turf he encountered only twice soft ground. Coincidentally that's are the only two times he ran well on turf winning one of this races and getting placed the other one. Maybe I give this horse too much credit but I simply find this profile quite interesting. Fallen mark, showed some promise earlier the year, back over more suitable distance and will probably relish the ground, what you can't say about all horses in this field.

Re: BBOTD Monday June 25th *Ingleby Exceed - Thirsk 7:50* First run of the season eye-catching when 2nd to Levitate last time out at Donny. Should come on heaps for that run, has a nice sit in Stall 1, has won over this trip, will like the ground, and the O'Meara stable is in good form. Has to go close i feel. *1 Point WIN @ 11/4 Ladbrokes BOG*

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.