Next Spurs Manager?

Thought i'd open this up to see who people think will get it? As a Spurs fan i will be gutted if we bring in AVB, not convinced by him at-all. Moyes would be a lay for me, i think he may even reject it if offered the job. Personally would like Martin O'Neill but don't see it happening as he hasn't been at Sunderland long... And as for Skybet offering 80/1 on Scott Parker :lol i'd want 8million/1 Anyone having a bet?

Re: Next Spurs Manager? I agree with Lodge, I don't think that AVB is what Spurs need and I dont think he will get the job anyway. The top 5 contenders are: AVB, Moyes, Martinez, Capello and Klinsmann. From first glance I think that Klinsmann should be favourite here. As mentioned before AVB is not what they are looking for and after the Juande Ramos episode, I doubt they will be willing to risk another "UEFA cup winner". Moyes is too loyal to Everton and I doubt that he has the ability to take the club further than Redknapp did. Martinez is a good manager, but notoriously strong at the end of the season, particularly when avoiding relegation. In addition, he will not have the influence that others may have in attracting the big players. Capello I simply can't see managing Spurs, he will be far too expensive and his style of play will not suit the club. Which leaves us with Klinsmann. Klinsmann has already had a spell with the club and is a legend in the eyes of many. He has a track record of successfully working with big name players and is currently manager at the USA national team. The papers say that Klinsmann has already snubbed the opportunity to join Spurs but this is the same scenario that Rogers was in when he in fact snubbed Liverpool because he did not want to jeopardise his future at Swansea would he not have got the job. Klinsmann, like Rogers, is, in my opinion, ruling out of being in a list and will accept the job if offered it straight. Therefore, I reckon Klinsmann will get the job and ones can get a very tasty price on that happening. 16s @ bet365, StanJames, Ladbrokes Thanks and happy punting everyone

Re: Next Spurs Manager? Just thought i'd post that i have had a very small bet on Martinez @ 17's with Betfair. He seems to be a good young manager with the tactical awareness that i think many managers lack. Not convinced he will be the number 1 choice of Levy but at that price i think he holds value. I'm praying AVB isnt appointed, he would be a pretty unpopular choice with the fans and is too much of a risk after the job he did at Chelski. I still feel Moyes will stay with Everton for the time being and the majority of the other candidates seem to be banded about simply because they are out of work (Capello, Benitez, Guardiola) Also warming to the idea of Laurent Blanc, particularly as he would attract some decent players imo, he seems to have shortened in the betting a fair amount. Questions is whether he would leave the France job if succeeding in the Euros?

Re: Next Spurs Manager? AVB can't have turned into a poor manager overnight though surely? His time at Chelsea was a black mark against an otherwise pretty decent record. I still believe that a lot of management is down to circumstance and the squad at Chelsea was largely the remnants of mourinho's team, and player power seemed to take over when AVB failed to win them over immediately... He may have more success at spurs.

Re: Next Spurs Manager?

AVB can't have turned into a poor manager overnight though surely? His time at Chelsea was a black mark against an otherwise pretty decent record. I still believe that a lot of management is down to circumstance and the squad at Chelsea was largely the remnants of mourinho's team' date=' and player power seemed to take over when AVB failed to win them over immediately... He may have more success at spurs.[/quote'] He just looked out of his depth at Chelsea to me, particularly with his tactics. I regard Di Matteo as an average manager, and Chelsea looked so much better under him. I think at the moment AVB will struggle to gain the respect of top players due to his age. Spurs have their fair share of older players who may think they know better, just as Chelsea did. I would much rather have Martinez or even David Moyes. AVB might yet become a top manager but it would be far too much of a risk to appoint him at Spurs. But it seems Daniel Levy thinks differently to me!

Re: Next Spurs Manager? Di Matteo probably had the backing of the players when he came in though.... We'll see... he could end up another Juande Ramos tbh, but one thing's for sure, whoever comes in will struggle a lot to emulate the kind of results shown under Harry Redknapp. Improving upon them could be a task too much as City and United look too far ahead of the pack. So whoever comes in will have a lot to live up to, which will be a slight handicap. Keeping hold of their best players like Bale and Modric is huge as well.... they'll need someone to come in and instantly win them over. That's where I agree about AVB possibly not being an ideal choice.

Re: Next Spurs Manager? Can't believe any Yid would want either AVB or Blanc - we are not a training ground for potential good managers - we need a proven manager with extensive experience and a track record of success. Pep Guardiola is now 4th favourite on Betfair - I know that would be a dream but that is the calibre we should be hoping for.

Can't believe any Yid would want either AVB or Blanc - we are not a training ground for potential good managers - we need a proven manager with extensive experience and a track record of success. Pep Guardiola is now 4th favourite on Betfair - I know that would be a dream but that is the calibre we should be hoping for.
Agree with you on AVB, think i'll go back to watching non-league football if he's appointed! But i do feel that Blanc is a good manager who would attract good players. Not overly keen on Guardiola tbh. He was incredibly succesful at Barca but i think winning us the title is a much harder job and it remains to be seen how he would cope!

Re: Next Spurs Manager? It would be interesting if Guardiola came (I know it's very unlikely) to see how well a manager who has been successful at the top level could do at a club a couple of levels below what he's been used to. I wouldn't say for sure it would work, but I'd be happy for him to be manager. It would certainly create a buzz at Spurs, and would help us keep/sign top players.

How would you feel about Klinnsman? He has some terrific odds and I suppose AVB will get it now. He will be a disaster I really hope they avoid him like the plague and get a German manager! AVB has done little in his career I don't see what all the fuss over him was about never liked the guy either he seems cowardly and defensive
I think Klinsmann is a pretty poor manager and wouldn't do well at spurs

Yeah I must admit I know very little about him, but he is the 5/6th favourite to get the job and since I have barely seen any of his work I had wondered how he managed that? Maybe just the bookies offering him for mugs money... Lol Who do you reckon it will be then? What is the popular view amongst the Spurs loyal?
Support for Klinsman is likely to be because of his time as a spurs player. Unfortunately can't see anyone other than AVB getting it. I think that most spurs fans have a different view who should get it although not many seem to be in favour of AVB. I would like someone who has experienced Premier League football and understands the english game, either as a player or manager. I think appointing someone from abroad (like Chelsea did with AVB) is too risky.

Who would you have then? I was going towards Rodgers until he went to Liverpool lol good luck there! He will need it awful club and squad in my opinion at the moment' date=' though I really respect their history sans the last 4 or 5 seasons[/quote'] Of all the realistic candidates, Blanc. Not quite the experience i would like but i would certainly think he is capable of attracting top players to the club.

Who would you have then? I was going towards Rodgers until he went to Liverpool lol good luck there! He will need it awful club and squad in my opinion at the moment' date=' though I really respect their history sans the last 4 or 5 seasons[/quote'] In my opinion it should have gone to Martinez. It would be a gamble but no more so than the other candidates. Rodgers done well at Swansea but Martinez has kept Wigan in the league for a few years, not just once, and on a dwindling budget. I can see him struggling at Liverpool. But I would have kept HR. Levy has ideas above his station if he thinks fourth place is a poor return for Spurs, although I can understand some of the criticism of Harry. At the end of the day I think the relationship between the two of them simply broke down.

Re: Next Spurs Manager? Joe Jordan and Kevin Bond have been the tactical nous behind Harry Redknapp for years.... either would and should be given the chance to impress in the top job at a Premier League club. Sadly I can't see Spurs gambling on a fresh faced manager as they're more likely to appoint high profile.

Re: Next Spurs Manager? Yeah but it's no different to Brian Clough though is it really? He had Peter Taylor .... Sir Alex has always had someone .... Loads of other top managers that rely on someone else a lot. And there are top coaches that don't make great managers.... Just look at Brian Kidd ...

Re: Next Spurs Manager? Not sure if Blanc stepping down from his post today will affect the choice of new manager but I would hope so. If AVB expects to be the one and only for the position like it is being reported in the media, then I will write off the first 6 months of the season until he gets the sack. I know you could say it is a winning mentality but it just seems to rub me up the wrong way. I am hopefully proven totally wrong by him if he gets the job and performs well but his recent track record won't help him win many fans before the real tests start in August. Blanc could be a good punt for the next ManU manager but Fergie doesn't seem to want to retire just yet so this would have to be treated like a season long bet except maybe 2 seasons or 3. Hope the Modric situation is dealt with quickly and I don't think the next manager will have a say in this either. If Modric submits a transfer request then let the guy go, if you can make a 10 million profit on him after 4 years, why not? We can't give him CL football despite our efforts in finishing 4th, so the club should not stand in his way, he gave us an extra year when you look back to the previous summer transfer window and the stories surrounding him and his imminent departure to Chelski. I think he would prefer the weather in Spain than West London ;)