** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

England vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International

kevshat

After winning a pretty one sided test series earlier in the week England now host West Indies in a three match ODI series and then a T20 international which should be a lot more even than the tests. Both sides have some excellent batsmen so hopefully it'll be a high scoring action packed series. As always all the matches are live on Sky. The series begins at the Ageus Bowl on Saturday. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Sat Jun 16 09:45 GMT | 10:45 local 10:45 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st ODI - England v West Indies The Rose Bowl, Southampton [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 38.png 12 - 15° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Tue Jun 19 09:45 GMT | 10:45 local 10:45 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd ODI - England v West Indies Kennington Oval, London [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 30.png 11 - 19° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Jun 22 09:45 GMT | 10:45 local 10:45 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd ODI - England v West Indies Headingley, Leeds [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Jun 24 13:30 GMT | 14:30 local 14:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] Only T20I - England v West Indies Trent Bridge, Nottingham [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: England vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International ODI Series preview: 4pts West Indies to win ODI Series 11/8 Blue Square

I really think the West Indies should be favourites for the series. Often one day series are won by the sides with the most players who can win a match with an individual effort in their side and that side are very much the Windies who have the likes of Gayle, Pollard and Bravo. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-west-indies-odi-series-betting--big-hitting-west-indies-look-a-big-price-to-win-the-odi-series

Re: England vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International 1st ODI preview: 4pts West Indies to win 1st ODI 11/10 Ladbrokes

I really think the West Indies will be better suited in this format and with the batting line up which is at their disposal I think they have every chance in this first ODI. England still lack good death bowlers so I can see West Indies scoring a lot of runs at the death while Chris Gayle can ensure they score plenty at the start too. Full preview:

http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-west-indies-1st-odi-betting--west-indies--powerful-batting-line-up-can-lead-them-to-opening-win

Re: England vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International

1st ODI preview: 4pts West Indies to win 1st ODI 11/10 Ladbrokes

I really think the West Indies will be better suited in this format and with the batting line up which is at their disposal I think they have every chance in this first ODI. England still lack good death bowlers so I can see West Indies scoring a lot of runs at the death while Chris Gayle can ensure they score plenty at the start too. Full preview:

http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-west-indies-1st-odi-betting--west-indies--powerful-batting-line-up-can-lead-them-to-opening-win

No outright bets for me in this series so along with this one I'll take two others for the opening match. 4pts R.Bopara's Performance pts - 35&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Ravi Bopara comes into this opening ODI in excellent form. He's hit two tons for Essex recently and I saw him in person on Wednesday and he looked a dream in that match until he played a reverse sweep which was a bit unlucky to be caught but the fact he was playing a reverse sweep shows the confidence he is feeling right now. Bopara comes in here with a point to prove because if he can go well then he could yet get Bairstow's place off him for the test series against Sri Lanka. The other reason I like Bopara in this performance line is because with Ian Bell's misfortune in practice he could be the one to move up to open in his place. However wherever he bats I expect him to score runs against what is a relatively weak Windies bowling attack and given that he can cover this line with the overs he is sure to bowl with the ball as well then I think this is a line which is very much in his grasp. 1pt ew K.Pollard Top West Indies Batsman 7/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Kieron Pollard comes into the series with his reputation fully in tact after that wonderful ton in the series against Australia earlier in the year. He had a successful IPL and with England lacking a real good bowler at the end of the innings you get the feeling that Pollard could go mental at the death on a ground which while is big certainly isn't big enough to contain him. He batted at 5 in the warm up match and that's the lowest I would expect him to bat in this match so if he can get in with time to play himself in before the slog time comes then I think he will be very dangerous. This attack of medium pace England will throw at him could be like feeding a piece of meat to a Lion and I expect Pollard to go very well in this match.

Re: England vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International Preview for 2nd ODI. 5pts Over 5.5 6's Evs Stan James

Since the OCS Stand has been put in at this ground the straight boundaries in particular have been made very small. There is an incredible amount of hitters involved in this match and if the West Indies bat first and Gayle plays he could cover it on his own. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-west-indies-2nd-odi-betting--small-oval-ground-is-at-the-mercy-of-the-big-hitters

Re: England vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International

Preview for 2nd ODI. 5pts Over 5.5 6's Evs Stan James

Since the OCS Stand has been put in at this ground the straight boundaries in particular have been made very small. There is an incredible amount of hitters involved in this match and if the West Indies bat first and Gayle plays he could cover it on his own. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-west-indies-2nd-odi-betting--small-oval-ground-is-at-the-mercy-of-the-big-hitters

Awful first ODI for me. Absolutely everything went wrong there. At one stage all bets looked ok and then the rain came and after Windies destructed they went off. Had they gone off straight away who knows what would've happened. Anyway -10 for that match :(. As well as the bet I've quoted I'm taking two more for Tuesday. 3pts Over 13.5 wides 5/6 William Hill I've mentioned in previous Windies ODI's that they are not the most disciplined bowling side in the world and they do bowl a lot of wides. For some reason you tend to get wides at The Oval a lot too. Whether it's the pressure batsmen put on the bowlers here or the pace and bounce in the wicket I don't really know but they do come along in pretty high numbers usually. England are better in the wides department but we can still put in some real shockers in that area and with the pace of the wicket and the short straight boundaries you don't have to miss the keeper by much for 5 wides to crop up. If we can get that in somewhere then you would think the rest will take care of itself. England's players might not have their minds fully on the job after the sad news of the death of Tom Maynard so like we saw in the final test some sloppy cricket could come into play so I'm happy to take the over 13.5 wides here. 1pt M.Samuels Top West Indies Bowler 8/1 Bet365 Given how Marlon Samuels has been taking wickets all 'summer' I think he's a big price here but I think he's a big price also because he was the top West Indies bowler in the first ODI and also because Surrey have a spin prominent attack in one day cricket this season so their one day wickets are dust bowls. I was at The Oval last week for a T20 game and while I know the wicket won't be the same one, it's about 5 across the square, that one was really dusty even after all the rain we've had so it is clearly a tactic Surrey are using. If this wicket turns then you would think this is a match between Narine and Samuels unlike Gayle plays and messes up the logic. Samuels is over twice the price of Narine even though he's been 5 times more threatening. I do think this wicket will turn, especially if England bat second so Samuels looks a good bet on a ground where the quicks usually get some real tap and hit out of the attack.

Re: England vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International 3rd ODI preview: 5pts England to win 3rd ODI 8/11 Betfred

Conditions are likely to heavily favour the bowlers in this match and England have that area covered even without Broad and Bresnan. The West Indies attack has looked even more like cannon fodder than it did in the test matches and the England batting line up have picked them off at will so I think Alastair Cook’s men can win the series 3-0 by winning this match. Full preview:

http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-west-indies-3rd-odi-betting--bowling-conditions-can-assist-england-to-complete-series-whitewash

Re: England vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International That's my preview should the rain ease but with the forecast the way it is I'm not chancing anything so I'll just watch any play and keep my powder dry for the T20 on Sunday.

Re: England vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International T20 preview: 4pts England to win T20 match Evs William Hill

This probably is the West Indies’ best chance of winning a match on this tour and Kevin Pietersen being out of the England side now is a huge loss to the hosts but I still think they have enough in their side to get the job done in this match. I like the look of Hales at the top of the order and if used right there isn’t a better finisher in the country than Jos Buttler. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-west-indies-t20-betting--england-can-ensure-the-west-indies-go-home-winless-by-winning-the-t20-match

Re: England vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International And my bet for the match. A max bet too. 10pts Over 8.5 6's 8/11 Ladbrokes I've absolutely no idea where this line was drawn up from! To highlight how low it looks two bookmakers have the line at 11.5 which is a little better. West Indies covered this line on their own in the ODI at The Oval on Tuesday and you don't tend to hit big all through an ODI innings. Well one man does. Chris Gayle. And he's due to play in this match but I think the line is so small that we won't need him. A look at the hitters on this in this match is actually quite scary. Excluding Gayle there is Dwayne Smith, Dwayne Bravo, Marlon Samuels, Kieron Pollard and Darren Sammy for the West Indies while England have Hales, Kieswetter, Bopara, Morgan, Bairstow and Buttler as well as the likes of Bresnan, Broad and Swann who can all whack a ball. If we look at the bowling attacks well the Windies have just clobbered England's all round The Oval while England have made light work of the tourists' attack all summer really. All that's left to look at now is the ground and Trent Bridge could barely be better for six hitting. Ever since that new stand went in next to the pavilion the boundaries on this ground have been short on one side but even the longer boundaries here aren't that big. In the test match Marlon Samuels walloped Graeme Swann for a couple of big sixes to the longest boundary here so all boundaries on this ground are very accessible. I don't think we're going to see any of that dustbowl nonsense that we got at The Oval in the mini series at the end of last season. England haven't picked a squad for a dustbowl and with the weather the way it's been I don't think the groundsman could produce a dustbowl even if he was instructed to. I've purposely left Chris Gayle out of calculations so far to highlight the potential of this bet but if the Windies bat first, and Gayle bats 10 overs he'll cover the total on his own so I've no problems at all with a max bet on what looks a ridiculously short line, as recognised by other firms who have their line in double figures.

Great stuff Kev. I followed you all in on that one Ive also just taken England to hit over 5.5 sixes @ 2.25 bet365 They currently have 1 and if they are going to get anywhere near this case then I fancy at least another 5 sixes along the way Top, top stuff Kev