** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Boxing >16-17 June

[TABLE=class: matchesTable, width: 620]

[TR=class: matchesTableRow] [TD=class: matchesTblFirstCol][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colTime]20:30 [/TD] [TD=class: tdSpace][/TD] [TD=class: colTeam]Martin Murray (1/16)[/TD] [TD=class: colDraw]v (35)[/TD] [TD=class: colTeam]Karim Achour (12)[/TD] [TD=class: colImage][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: matchesTableRow] [TD=class: matchesTblFirstCol][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colTime]21:00 [/TD] [TD=class: tdSpace][/TD] [TD=class: colTeam]Ryan Rhodes (10/11)[/TD] [TD=class: colDraw]v (28)[/TD] [TD=class: colTeam]Sergey Rabchenko (11/10)[/TD] [TD=class: colImage][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: matchesTableRow] [TD=class: matchesTblFirstCol][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colTime]21:00 sky_sp2.gif[/TD] [TD=class: tdSpace][/TD] [TD=class: colTeam]Scott Quigg (8/13)[/TD] [TD=class: colDraw]v (30)[/TD] [TD=class: colTeam]Rendall Munroe (7/4)[/TD] [TD=class: colImage][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: tableHeader] [TD=class: matchesTblFirstCol][/TD] [TD=colspan: 3][/TD] [TD=colspan: 6]17 June 2012[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: matchesTableRow] [TD=class: matchesTblFirstCol][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colTime]01:00 [/TD] [TD=class: tdSpace][/TD] [TD=class: colTeam]Tomasz Adamek (1/2)[/TD] [TD=class: colDraw]v (30)[/TD] [TD=class: colTeam]Eddie Chambers (2)[/TD] [TD=class: colImage][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: matchesTableRow] [TD=class: matchesTblFirstCol][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colTime]02:00 [/TD] [TD=class: tdSpace][/TD] [TD=class: colTeam]Andy Lee (3)[/TD] [TD=class: colDraw]v (33)[/TD] [TD=class: colTeam]Julio Cesar Chavez Jr (4/11)[/TD] [TD=class: colImage][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: matchesTableRow] [TD=class: matchesTblFirstCol][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colTime]02:00 [/TD] [TD=class: tdSpace][/TD] [TD=class: colTeam]Bryant Jennings (1/16)[/TD] [TD=class: colDraw]v (28)[/TD] [TD=class: colTeam]Steve Collins (12)[/TD] [TD=class: colImage][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: matchesTableRow] [TD=class: matchesTblFirstCol][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colSmall][/TD] [TD=class: colTime]03:30 [/TD] [TD=class: tdSpace][/TD] [TD=class: colTeam]Richard Towers (1/12)[/TD] [TD=class: colDraw]v (40)[/TD] [TD=class: colTeam]Gregory Tony (10)[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Boxing >16-17 June Rabchenko v Rhodes Really cant make my mind up on this one. I know there are a few Rabchenko fans but to me he didnt look as good as he could when stepped up against Pryce. He works well to the body and his ko ratio is impressive but he did what he had to do against the level of opponent. The Pryce fight was the first time Rab had gone the distance and though hemade it through 12 relatively comfortably in the end but there were times where he looked like minimum he was taking a breather. He also landed some full on shots on the sometimes risky beard of Pryce but didnt manage to put him down. He is a come forward fighter if a little predictable, sometimes throwing wild hooks. Due to his somewhat mechanical and wild swings I think it quite possible that the Rhodes of old could make Rabchenko somewhat ordinary but Rhodes is ageing and if he loses this there aint many place where he can go. Before his great come from behind win against Moore, Rhodes was hurt on a couple of occasions but showed heart gritting his teeth and weathering the storm to gradually outlast and beat down Moore in by far his best win of late. Although Rhodes put up a valiant effort against Alvarez his punch output was very low. That is relatively concerning when up against a come forward worker like Rabchenko, though it could be argued that Rhodes felt the power of Alvarez and was maybe a little unwilling to commit. This is a real conundrum. Rhdes could be outworked by a younger, maybe hungrier fighter or he could, if at top form could use his skills and pop to outbox his opponent but a real concern for me is how much Rhodes has left when faced with constant pressure again, though Rabchenko is neither big or as good as Alvarez so that comparison is relatively unfair. Thats how confused I am at the moment I guess:)

Re: Boxing >16-17 June Lee v Chavez Jr This should be an entertaining fight. Chavez has done his training on the job and now though coming in for criticism earlier in his carrer is now a legit contender/champion. Lee is a good challenger and is a solid fighter himself ranked in the top 5 in 3 of the main governing bodies. I feel however that everything is in Chavez favour for this fight. I think the location is paramount and despite the Bradley/Pac fiasco I see this having a heavy bearing on the fight, though I dont necessarily believe Chavez will need it. Chavez is huge for the weight and willing to throw punches. Lees biggest struggles have been against come forward fighters and for some reason instead of using his excellent rangy jab he seems to get involved in a dogfight. That said he also shows good heart but then again so does Chavez. All in all I think Chavez size and pressure will begin to show on Lee and with him couragesly fighting on until the ref or his corner step in. Reccomended bet 5pts Chavez by Lee RDS 10-12 @ 12/1 and 1pt Rd9 @ 22/1 PaddyPower

Re: Boxing >16-17 June Quigg v Munroe An intriguing fight pitting the experience and calm of Munroe against the hunger and youth of Quigg. Munroe has won 3 low key fights since a decent challenge for the title against Nishioka where the fight was closer than the scores suggested. Quigg is raw but promising and has had quite a reputation to fill with all the build up. He did step up well to dismantle Jason Booth but as impressive as that was it was against a much smaller fighter, he then was then given trouble by Arthur. It is suspected that maybe Hatton intentionally brought in Munroe as a stepping stone for Quigg but thats hearsy. Providing Munroe still has the drive I see this as being an even money fight. So with odds of 7/4 I will go with Munroe to test the tank of Quigg and take him into double figure rounds, where he has only been once before.

Re: Boxing >16-17 June I know womens boxing aint many peoples thing, including me. But Holm and Mathis are considered the two p4p best and they rematch this weekend after Mathis won the first encounter, highlights of which can be seen below. Its ony 4 mins long so take a peek though I will spoil it below. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev7_ZrusJ68 Basically Holm boxes well for the first 4 rounds but after that Mathis pressure and power begin to tell. This was as big as it gets in womens boxing but the way Mathis brutally breaks Holm down is so bad I dont think she could be the same again (shame on all concerned for not stopping the brave Holm before). Anyway I wouldnt normally go along these lines as I really dont know that much as Im not interested. But odds of 7/4 for the same outcome are too tempting. Holm states she lost her gameplan and got dragged into a fight, which I do believe. But at the end of the dat I think the power and pressure will tell again, no matter how crude it is. In what was only an interest post I have now talked myself into this. Recommended bet Mathis bt Holm KO/TKO/DQ 10pts Boyles

Re: Boxing >16-17 June 4pts S.Rabchenko to beat R.Rhodes 11/10 Boylesports

Rabchenko is the younger man making his way up the ladder and with the power he possesses and the hunger he has I think he is the value pick at odds against. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/rhodes-vs-rabchenko-betting--sergey-rabchenko-can-use-his-power-to-claim-the-european-title

Re: Boxing >16-17 June Quigg vs Munroe preview. I agree with Foo, the value lies with the former bin man. 4pts R.Munroe to beat S.Quigg 8/5 Bodog

I think this is a real 50/50 fight but the difference could be the pressure Munroe will bring to Quigg. Scott Quigg hasn’t really been put under serious pressure recently so it will be interesting to see how his defence stands up against genuine pressure. Quigg has only been beyond 8 rounds twice in his career and in a fight which is set to go the distance it will be interesting to see if he is still strong in the latter rounds. Full preview:

http://www.punterslounge.com/quigg-vs-munroe-betting--rendall-munroe-s-experience-and-pressure-can-end-scott-quigg-s-undefeated-record

Re: Boxing >16-17 June Rhodes v Rabchenko I've looked through this fight a few times and feel Rhodes will get the job done, possibly on points. Rabchenko has an impressive number of ko/tko's on his record but most boxers do at the start of their career until they start to step up in class. I don't feel that Rabchenko has fought anyone top class and I really don't rate boxers like Martin Conception and Bradley Pryce very highly. Rabchenko took Pryce to points in May 2011. Rabchenko must have some power but does he have the skills and technique to go with it against a better, more experienced boxer? I don't think Rhodes is world class but he's more experienced and has faced better opposition over the years than boxers such as Pryce and Conception. I'm hoping Rhodes doesn't look for a war like he did with Jamie Moore because his opponent could be heavy hitting and catch him on the chin. I want to see Rhodes outbox him and I feel he has the tools to do so. Rhodes to win 10-11 Betfred and Rhodes to win on points 2-1 Sportingbet

Re: Boxing >16-17 June 4pts J-C.Chavez Jr to beat A.Lee on points 11/8 Paddy Power

One thing you have to say about Chavez Jr is he’s a big middleweight and that could prove the difference in this fight. Chavez doesn’t stop too many and I’m not convinced he’ll stop Lee either but I do think he’ll win a pretty one sided decision unlike Lee boxes a near perfect fight. Full preview:

http://www.punterslounge.com/chavez-jr-vs-lee-betting--julio-cesar-chavez-jr-can-defend-his-middleweight-title-on-a-one-sided-decision

Re: Boxing >16-17 June OT: Some bookies such as Bet365 and Sky Bet have refunded bets on the Scott Quigg vs. Rendall Munroe fight but others have not. A few unhappy folks on Twitter grumbling about the likes of Paddy Power and William Hill not doing so but punters complaining about bookies mostly getting the best of it don't know the rules of British boxing, and are being extremely sore losers angle-shooting trying to get their money back. It was a 'technical draw' even if most folks (except the bookies who probably cleaned up) didn't like it. I'm surprised more 'technical draws' don't occur more often in British boxing.