BBOTD Tuesday 12th

3.50 Lingfield Piscean EW @ 8/1 Boylesports Going to side with Piscean here who looks to have a good chance back on the all weather even though he is on a career high mark. He is currently 3lbs higher than his highest ever winning mark but he did the job very readily last time out on the all weather at Kempton off 91 to suggest he could be up to winning off 96. George Baker has ridden him to victory several times so it is strange that he is on Mia’s Boy as that one has a poor record over 7f on the all weather and ideally wants further. Piscean is well suited to this track as he has a strong finishing kick but can often sometimes be slowly away. Jamie Spencer is the perfect pilot for him, as he likes to hold horses up. Baby Strange is better over sprint distances and Caldercruix will surely find this too tough. Shifting Star just got the better of my selection on the turf at Goodwood but I feel he will struggle to confirm the form back on the all weather. The biggest dangers could be the two 4 year old’s in the line up as they both look progressive. Ducal in particular looks to be improving with every run and clearly loves an artificial surface. Piscean is a horse I often get wrong but I am hoping he can do me a favour tomorrow. Jamie Spencer is a jockey I like and he is actually 1 from 1 on Piscean. He is well drawn in 3 but I fully expect him to be help up. He would ideally want a good pace to the race, which he should get with a couple of front runners in the line up.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 12th 9.00 Brighton - Katmai River - Came unstuck last time out after two good wins previously over course and distance. Looking at his record it may have been the going that found him out last time as he never got on terms in that race, he seems to have a definite liking for ground with some cut in it (two wins on soft and one win on good/soft). Also seems to like undulating courses as his wins are over such tracks (two here at Brighton and one at Epsom). Has conditions in his favour with course, distance, class and going (soft. good/soft) and may bounce back to form under such conditions. 9.00 Brighton: Katmai River - 1pt win @ 9/2 BetVictor (BOG)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.