BBOTD Wednesday 6th

8.10 Ripon Global City 1pt win @ 14/1 BetVictor I really like Pearl Ice here for David Barron but I will take a chance on Global City. He hasn’t won since 2010 and he might just be better on the all weather but I think he is worth chancing here after a couple of promising runs. He ran a cracker over in Meydan to finish 4th in a group 3 contest won by the impressive Kyrpton Factor and then I thought he ran a decent race last time out at Goodwood behind Primaeval. He finished 7th of 12 but was slowly away in that race and was hampered a few times during the race. He shaped much better than his recent turf runs and I fancy him to run well dropping back in trip to 6f. Five of his career wins have come over 6f so it is no surprise to see him dropped back in trip here. He likes quick ground so he has conditions to suit. They have started to ride him differently to his early years and they now hold him up. He would prefer a good pace to run at which I think he will definitely get with several prominent runners in the field. Saeed Bin Suroor has a poor record here with no winners from 11 runners and I have been disappointed by the stables lack of form in the last week or so. I thought they were going to kick on and have plenty of winners as their horses started to run much better but it hasn’t materialised. Still I think Global City should run well here with everything in his favour. He is rated 93 now but has won off 94 in the past. He is easily a 100 rated horse on the all weather so should be more than capable of mixing it off his current mark. Silvestre De Sousa is one of the top jockeys at the track so him being on board is a positive. He hasn’t had too many chances for the boys in blue so hopefully he can bag a winner in this race. Pearl Ice is the obvious danger and the rightful favourite. He looks to have a cracking chance after a very unlucky run last time out where he finished with a real rattle to almost get to Arganil. He looks ahead of his mark and he does look the most likely winner of the race. I will probably back both horses but in the search for a nice price, I will put up the Godolphin horse.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 6th Stellar Express 4.45 Nottingham 9-2 PaddyPower (BOG) - WIN Turned out quickly under a penalty but won with plenty in hand last time out which was just 3 days ago over course and distance and on the same good to soft surface. Full of running at the end of the race when many looked tired and times suggested the ground was slow. Same jockey on board, the very talented Luke Morris and goes up against a few last time out winners that could be anything but are stepping into handicaps from maidens. The ground could be the key to this horse as it also won here over course and distance back in October 2011 on good to soft ground and won by 4 1/2 lengths.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.