** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series

kevshat

Pakistan head to Sri Lanka for a full tour which begins on Friday with the first of a couple of T20 matches ahead of a five match ODI series before the tests later in the tour. It should be a pretty competitive series, certainly the limited overs stuff and it could be of more interest than normal as the World T20 is in Sri Lanka later in the year so here is a chance to have a look at the pitches and grounds which will be used in that tournament. Sadly the only coverage I can find in the UK is either Zee TV which you have to subscribe to or it is live on Bet365's live streaming console. At least by it being on Bet365 the usual betting markets should be priced up which means there is some dosh to be made. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Fri Jun 1 13:30 GMT | 19:00 local 14:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st T20I - Sri Lanka v Pakistan Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Sooriyawewa, Hambantota [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Jun 3 13:30 GMT | 19:00 local 14:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd T20I - Sri Lanka v Pakistan Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Sooriyawewa, Hambantota [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Thu Jun 7 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 10:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st ODI - Sri Lanka v Pakistan Pallekele International Cricket Stadium [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sat Jun 9 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 10:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd ODI - Sri Lanka v Pakistan Pallekele International Cricket Stadium [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Wed Jun 13 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 10:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd ODI - Sri Lanka v Pakistan R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sat Jun 16 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 10:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 4th ODI - Sri Lanka v Pakistan R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Mon Jun 18 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 10:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 5th ODI - Sri Lanka v Pakistan R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series Just the one from me, a small bet as Hambantota is a new cricketing ground in Sri Lanka and we've only seen a handful of ODIs there and no 20/20s. 3 points Sri Lanka V Pakistan Over 7.5 6s @ 1.91 Paddy Power If you look at this day and age in cricket 6s in the limited overs of the game are very much part of the game and any batsmen even tail enders can now clear the ropes quite easily. Anyone following the recent IPL can comfortably say that a line of 7.5 6s could have been easily cleared in just about any game. Even though there have not been at 20/20s at this stadium if we look at the past ODIs here there have been a total of 4, 6, 6 & 4 6s in the only 4 ODI games here. Obviously this is ODI stats im picking at but in confident if you can get an average of 5 6s in an ODI then 8 6s in an 20/20 shouldnt be too hard to get. Looking at the Sri Lanka team i do have a doubt that most of the team are genuine 6 hitters however the likes of Dilshan and Matthews can clear the boundary. However on the other hand the Pakistan squad is full of big hitters especially the likes of Akmal and Afridi. Im going small here due to it being a new stadium and a small doubt on Sri Lankas batting however i am confident this should win.

Re: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series Just a couple for me for today's 1st T20. Remember the match is streamed on Bet365. With the toss only 45 mins away I'll keep write ups to a minimum. 4pts Sri Lanka to win 1st T20 5/6 Stan James I think Sri Lanka should be a little bit shorter than this because a lot of their side have been playing in the IPL recently so they are not only warmed up but warmed up in the format. I also like the depth and quality of their batting whereas Pakistan's batting is talented but they are all strokemakers without the glue to bind it all together. Lasith Malinga can be the trump card in this match but the likes of Isuru Udana can go well too. Pakistan are under a new captain and regular readers of my ramblings will know in this format I think captaincy is very important. Jayawardene beats Hafeez hands down in that department so with that in Sri Lanka's side, the batting on their side and home advantage I'll take the hosts to catch Pakistan a little rusty in this opening match of the tour. 4pts Pakistan Most 6's Evs BetVictor This is almost a given in matches involving Sri Lanka and I'm more than happy to take evens on Pakistan who have a couple of gun hitters in the form of Shahid Afridi and Umar Akmal not to mention the exciting Shehzad at the top of the innings. Sri Lanka's batting is going to be dominated by Sangakkara and Jayawardene who aren't natural big hitters on a big ground, they pierce the field more than anything. Angelo Mathews can hit a long ball as can the likes of Chandimal and Perera but not in the same way Afridi and Akmal can. The Pakistan attack will be a lot harder to get away too so although I think Sri Lanka will win the match I think Pakistan will score the most 6's in the match with Sri Lanka's runs coming mainly along the deck.

Re: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series Thought I was going to get out of Sri Lanka's innings alive but not to be. Pakistan were crap with the bat so an easy win for Sri Lanka in the end but -0.66pts for me overall for game one.

Re: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series Three for me in the T20 tomorrow. 4pts Sri Lanka to win 2nd T20 4/5 Stan James I like Sri Lanka in this match. They have much the better balance in this match. I'll concede that Pakistan have the best bowling attack of the two but Lasith Malinga's appearance in the side levels that up a little bit but as far as the batting is concerned Sri Lanka win that hands down. Pakistan's batting line up is nowhere near strong enough for this level and that will really find them out going forward if they don't rectify that soon. In occasion games the brilliance of Umar Akmal and Shahid Afridi will get them home with an outrageous cameo but you can't rely on that happening especially on these slow wickets which don't suit either of them as they prefer the ball to be coming onto the bat. Sri Lanka's top order were shot to pieces in the first match but there's way too much class in there for that to happen on a regular basis. Sri Lanka won by nearly 40 runs when their batting line up didn't fire at the top. When it does, and I expect it to here, who knows how far they could win by. I have to take Sri Lanka here as they are by far the better balanced to me. 5pts Under 6.5 6's 5/6 William Hill In hindsight this should have been my bet in the first match because the ground here is pretty big and the wicket is extremely slow and doesn't bounce at all so hitting sixes is extremely difficult unless you are a naturally big wielder of the willow like Perera is. I didn't see another wicket being prepared during the first T20 so I guess this match will be on the same wicket and I would expect a similarly low scoring match here. The three sixes that came along in the first T20 were almost desperation hits to push the score up at the end of the innings. I've mentioned time and time again how it isn't Sri Lanka's top order's natural game to hit big cricket shots and it isn't really the game of the Pakistan top pair. Hitting the spinners won't be easy on this track which I expect to turn so I'm happy to take the unders in the sixes here. 1pt ew L.Thirimanne Top Sri Lanka Batsman 7/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) I know Thissara Perera top scored for Sri Lanka in the first match but it was Thirimanne who impressed me the most in that game. He came in with his side in all sorts of trouble and played the right shots at the right times to get them into a position where Perera could come in and give it a good biff without worrying about getting out. We saw in Australia at the beginning of the year that Lahiru Thirimanne can play this number six position in limited overs cricket for Sri Lanka and we saw it again on Friday. I expect the top order to go a bit better in this match but Pakistan's bowling attack is such that I still think he'll get in and in a low scoring game a couple of boundaries can shunt him right into the top score reckoning. He was second in the first T20 but at 7/1 I'll take him each way with the belief he can go one better in this match.

Re: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series Becoming a frustrating series already this :lol. Thirimanne got himself out one short of the top score but the sixes came in easily even if Sri Lanka never showed up. +0.55 for the second match and -0.11 for the series so far.

Re: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series 3pts K.Sangakkara Top Sri Lanka Series Batsman 3/1 Ladbrokes

Usually when you look at a top Sri Lanka batsman market you immediately look at three men – Sangakkara, Dilshan and Jayawardene. However in this series I don’t think Dinesh Chandimal and Lahiru Thirimanne can be completely ruled out. In saying that the man I am taking is Kumar Sangakkara. He has an excellent recent record against Pakistan with half centuries in his last three innings against them in this format. He plays quicks and spinners equally as well and batting at number three I think he has every chance of scoring well in this series.

For a full preview click here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-pakistan-odi-series-betting--kumar-sangakkara-can-continue-his-excellent-odi-form-against-pakistan

Re: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series 1st ODI tomorrow. First bet here. 4pts Sri Lanka Highest 1st 15 overs 5/6 Skybet

Pakistan tend to go with a lot of seam in the first 15 overs and the likes of Gul and Cheema can go for a few. Hafeez could bowl in the first 15 overs too but Dilshan is a master of attacking spin. Hafeez and Farhat aren’t the quickest scorers at the top of the innings and neither are Azhar Ali, Younis Khan and Misbah. Malinga is always the gun man in the opening 15 overs and all that put together and I think Sri Lanka will lead after 15 overs. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-pakistan-1st-odi-betting--malinga-effect-can-see-sri-lanka-leading-after-15-overs

Re: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series 2 more for the match. 3pts U.Gul's Performance Pts - 25&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. I do these wickets will spin and will be low and slow but this line looks a bit too low to me even taking that into account. In similar conditions in Bangladesh in the Asia Cup, Umar Gul took 9 wickets in the four matches and took at least two wickets in every match. He bowls at the times when the batsmen are taking the most risks so cheap wickets can be picked up and we've seen from him in the past that he's one of the most devastating bowlers in the world at the end of an innings. He took a bit of tap in the T20 match last week but with that match behind him I expect a lot better from one of the best ODI bowlers in the world. It's perfectly possible that he'll only need one wicket here because he's a more than accomplished batsman if he gets to the crease. He might not even need a wicket because 25 runs isn't beyond him. This line just looks way too low for a genuine world class bowler and I'm happy to be on the overs here. 1pt ew S.Afridi Top Pakistan Batsman 8/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Shahid Afridi batted excellently in the second T20 match and I see no reason why he can't go well in these ODI's too. He showed a little bit of maturity in that innings and that bodes well for him if he is in early in this match. If Pakistan set the innings up right then he will come in without any responsibility and he'llbe able to do what he does best in hitting balls out of the park. He top scored in the second last match he played against Sri Lanka in their series last year with a solid 75 and I wouldn't rule out something similar in this match. When he's in he'll be the quickest scoring Pakistan player whichever innings type he has to play so any score for either a place or the top score will be in his sights which makes him a decent each way bet at 8/1.

Re: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series 2nd ODI. 4pts Under 4.5 6's 5/6 Skybet

The boundaries at Pallekele are quite big and the wicket played very tough and very slow in the first match here. Both bowling attacks are going a lot better than the batting line ups and I struggle to see how we’re going to see five 6’s in this match when we’ve not seen it in any match on the tour so far. There isn’t a raft of big hitters in the match, just Afridi and Umar Akmal really so the under 4.5 6’s looks a safe bet to me. Full preview:

http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-pakistan-2nd-odi-betting--tricky-wicket-for-batting-can-ensure-sixes-are-kept-to-a-minimum

Re: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series 3rd ODI preview: 4pts Sri Lanka to win 3rd ODI 4/5 Coral

Now that Sri Lanka have found some fluency and solidity to their batting I think they will be good enough to go on and take a 2-1 lead in the series with a win here. They have the bowling attack to cope with Pakistan’s batting even if they do bring in another batsman and given the likelihood they will be better suited to these conditions with the bat Sri Lanka look good things to me in this third ODI. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-pakistan-3rd-odi-betting--sri-lanka-s-better-batting-depth-can-guide-them-to-a-2-1-lead-in-the-series

Re: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series 4th ODI preview. Plenty of rain forecast so no bet for me but here is my preview in case there is play. 4pts Sri Lanka to win 4th ODI 4/5 Stan James

I thought Sri Lanka were the bet in the third ODI and nothing has changed in my view going into this match. They have the better batting line up and a bowling attack which can blow any side away let alone one which doesn’t bat too well like Pakistan. Pakistan are really struggling with the bat at the minute and until they show some form with the willow Sri Lanka look like the bet to me. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-pakistan-4th-odi-betting--sri-lanka-can-defy-the-rain-to-move-2-1-up-in-the-series

Re: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series 5th ODI preview: 4pts Sri Lanka to win 5th ODI 8/11 Boylesports

Until Pakistan show they have the batting line up to put scores up in this format I’m going to have to keep opposing them and that is the case here again. In the last match they got themselves into a wonderful position and then collapsed and when you collapse you tend to take extra care and caution next time out to ensure it doesn’t happen again. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-pakistan-5th-odi-betting--sri-lanka-can-claim-the-series-as-pakistan-s-batting-continues-to-misfire

Re: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series Only bet on the 5th ODI for me is this one. Having a rotten time with bets being hurt by rain at the minute so I won't play the bet I wrote up in my preview purely because although there's a reserve day I can't find if it is there for a 50 over game over 2 days or for a total washout on the first day. If it's for the former then fine but I've seen matches have reserve days but they try and get them in on the first day using DL which makes no sense and doesn't help us as gamblers. 3pts T.Perera's Performance Pts - 42&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Thissara Perera is having a superb ODI series. In the last two matches he's taken 6 wickets and 4 wickets which included a hat trick so he must be feeling a million dollars at the minute. It isn't just his bowling which he can score with though. He's almost certain to bat because Sri Lanka move him up the order to maximise a total at the end of the innings. The way he's bowling at the minute you could see him covering this total with the ball alone, especially if the top order for Pakistan continue to fail leaving Perera bowling at the lower order and the tail. Given he has three genuine scoring methods, two of them being more than good enough to cover this total on their own I think this line is there to attack. In the last two matches Perera has scored 154 and 88pts so I think 42pts is more than in his grasp on the same ground he took a hat trick on two days ago.