Flat Racing 15th May (Kempton & Beverley)

3.30 Beverley Bridgehampton might be worth risking in this field on handicap debut, I have followed him since seeing him on his second run he looked as though he could improve significantly for the run but looked a big sort and was a bit of a looker on a cold day at Southwell, didnt improve on that effort really next time out on polytrack but may now have more to offer switched back to turf on handicap debut off a lowly mark of 52 having cost 92,000. Yard have been amongst the winners and has been gelded since last run. Certainly bred to get this significant step up in trip with Dam a winner over this trip and closely related to Fame And Glory so stamina could be a strong suit here! 2pt win Bridgehampton 5/1 bet365 6.50 Kempton Quite like the chances of Spin Again from the Daniel Kubler yard, he appreciated the switch to this yard earlier in the year when winning back to back handicaps on this surface including around here when an impressive winner off 60, backed that up under a penalty at Lingfield before bombing out returned to turf on sticky ground so easily forgiven that run but a return to this surface brought about a return to form in a seller on unfavourable terms so could easily take a prominent roll back in handicap company back here just as effective over 6f as 7f and well drawn for a prominent role in stall 2 and Barzalona an eye catching booking! 2pt win Spin Again 7/1 bet365

Re: Flat Racing 15th May (Kempton & Beverley) 3.00 Beverley MERCERS ROW 4pts to win @ 7/2 bog (Bet365) Mercers Row won his first race over today's C&D in June 2010 (that was a Maiden he won in very nice style) but from July 2010 to December 2011 he ran only twice so he had been struggling a lot with injuries. Anyway he came back at his best snatching a promising second at Musselburgh 5 weeks ago (good to soft, handicap off 60) and built on that performance winning next/last time out again at Musselburgh (5f, good to soft handicap off 63) beating Boucher Garcon (winner of his previous race and winner again on his next start after that success at Musselburgh on the 8th of April) by 6.5L and beating in very nice and tight finish Silvanus and Sandwith. Sandwith ran again 4 days ago (Hamilton, 5f, soft) and won off the same mark and Boucher Garcon ran again 3 days ago at Nottingham (5f, soft) and finished second of ten, upped in grade and racing off a 1lb higher mark than his last race when 4th and well beaten behind Mercers Row at Musselburgh one week before. Mercers Row did well to win that race as he had a wall of horses in front of him and his rider did well to angle him away from the stands' rail and get a run through. In the end he won going away and that was a very promising sign. He recorded a good time underlined by the figures of his TS (72) and RPR (74) which should give enough room for improvements even off an higher mark. If he gets a good pace to aim at he should go really close today and as I've already stated in some of my previous tips I like to back sprinters in good form and able to improve despite the rise in the rating and this is the case so the 6lb higher mark doesn't seem a big problem for me and I'm pretty confident Mercers Row can provide another big effort today. Of course the main danger has to be Diamond Blue who was sent off favourite last time out and finished 3rd at Catterick (5f, good to soft, 8 May). That was her first race after a 237-day layoff so there is probably more to come from this very lightly raced filly who won on her debut at Catterick (28 May 2011) and finished thrice third and once 4th in her following starts.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.