** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

15:45 Southwell

The favourite is Only Ten Per Cent. It has won its last 3 races. It's now 2.6. There are 4 other horses capable of beating it: Elhamri, Ace Of Spies, Alpha Tauri and Joe Le Taxi (if he puts his mind to it). It may only be an egg and spoon race and the opposition may not be up to much but at 2.6 Only Ten Per Cent has to be worth taking on because it isn't up to much either. Ace Of Spies is a massive price at 20 as is Elhamri at 24.

Re: 15:45 Southwell I know it's after-eventing of sorts, but Alpha Tauri was the absolute obvious bet if it came from any other connections rather than Guest/McKay. He had solid course and distance form, didn't shape badly past two starts and was on a good mark if getting a lead, which was fairly likely. Unfortunately, I slept in, missed the prices and then didn't go in when the drift on Betfair occurred, so I'm exceptionally annoyed with myself.

Re: 15:45 Southwell I wasn't sure who'd win but I knew who wouldn't. To be honest, I'm soddin' useless at picking winners. As one quip once put it, I couldn't tip a wheel barrow. I thought that Joe Le Taxi might spring back to some kinda form but not to be. I also thought that Elhamri might be there or there abouts as well. Best stickin' to this 'ere layin' lark, I reckon?

Re: 15:45 Southwell

I was on onlytenpercent' date=' but I should have known it. Lone front runners on the AW are dangerous, if they are well handicapped.[/quote'] Chaos Asking a horse to win 4 in a row is a big ask. In an 11 horse egg and spoon race at Southwell, I'd want a darn sight more than 15/8 to be tempted to back a favourite. I'm thinking at least 7/2. At 15/8 it was very poor value. There was an all-telling last minute drift on Onlytenpercent. That sealed it for me. Onlytenpercent was a definite lay. Still, what do I know. If I backed the only horse in a race, it would fall over and die shortly after leaving the stalls.

Re: 15:45 Southwell

Chaos Asking a horse to win 4 in a row is a big ask. In an 11 horse egg and spoon race at Southwell, I'd want a darn sight more than 15/8 to be tempted to back a favourite. I'm thinking at least 7/2. At 15/8 it was very poor value. There was an all-telling last minute drift on Onlytenpercent. That sealed it for me. Onlytenpercent was a definite lay. Still, what do I know. If I backed the only horse in a race, it would fall over and die shortly after leaving the stalls.
In my first post here, I asked William Haigh. Sealed the deal for me, at 4/1. I think onlytenpercent can win again with the right circumstances,especially pace. As i mentioned above, lone front runners on the sprint distances and AW are dangerous. Had a few very nice wins with this angle, mostly double figure odds. I should have known it. If backing is not your strength, why don't you consider laying?