Guinees day weather

I don't live too far from Newmarket. Early this morning on the Morning Line, the weather was bright and sunny. It was reported that the ground would dry out. It was felt that although the ground may still be soft, the going, come race time, may be good/soft or even good, given how well the course drains. Unfortunately, as I look out of the lounge window, a lot of big, black clouds are appearing. There's a slight breeze but it's cold. My best guess, and it is a guess, given the somewhat changeable British weather, is that there could be the odd pre-race shower. Even while I've been writing this post, the sun has put in a brief appearance on several occasions. I think that the best we can hope for is good/soft and soft in places. Apologies for misspelling guineas.

Re: Guinees day weather From the RP live reporter.

"There have been plenty of course walkers in the last 30 mins and two of them have differing views. John Oxx says: "It's not bad at all - what we would call yielding. It is not a worry to us and we won't be making excusesbecause of it even though Born To Sea would prefer faster ground." Gerard Butler, also out with his wooden stick, said: "I think it is still soft but it is drying out by the hour." Butler could yet pull out top-of-the-ground performer Prince Alzain and wait for the Dee Stakes at Chester."

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.