Aston Villa v Tottenham > 6 May

Re: Aston Villa v Tottenham > 6 May Tbh I think Spurs are playable at anything above 1.80. Villa in current shape are one of the worst sides in the division, the whole atmosphere around the club just seems off to me and its down to McLeish. Him and many players havent delivered this season and thats why you see a club with Villa's resources and personnel sweating about relegation. McLeish knows nothing else apart from negative tactics, even moreso against the stronger sides so Villa's only chance here for a draw at best for me is defending for their lives with numbers back, possibly capitalising on a mistake or a set-piece. I dont see enough about this current current Villa side to be able to execute said tactics though and I think Spurs will eventually pick them off, although maybe not as comfortably as the Bolton match in midweek where the home side abandoned defence completely which is suicidal against pacy players. I expect Villa to play the opposite but also lose the match. Spurs to beat Aston Villa @ 1.862 (Pinnacle:3pts)

Re: Aston Villa v Tottenham > 6 May Villa vs Tottenham This is a very straight forward one for me. I'll just get to the point and say I feel this match has all the ingredients for a Tottenham win. With their neighbors Arsenal slipping up, Tottenham are not favourites to clinch 3rd spot, which is a guaranteed champions league spot. 4th spot is likely to also be, with Bayern Munich favourites to beat Chelsea, whose league qualification of 4th looks unlikely. Hodgson taking the England job has really helped in my opinion. I don't think Redknapp wants the England job one bit. He'd much rather prefer sitting back with his Tottenham side, away from potential criticism and relish next season's champions league. Though some argue its pure coincidence that Tottenham's dip in form after the vacation of the England job following Capello's departure, I think these two events has to be linked. True, they thumped 5 past Newcastle immediately after the departure, but that was before every indicator pointed towards Redknapp was the successor. Aston Villa themselves have been sucked into a relegation battle. But ultimately I think they are going to be safe, even if they lose their last two games. Villa have had a poor season under McLeish and way below expectations. I expect their miserable home form to continue, even though they need more points to guarantee survival. On top of that Villa have had some disciplinary problems with players, as well as Bent being out. Tottenham have Walker out, who will be a miss. Parker should be fit to return to the side. Tottenham 1.91 StanJames 10/10 Tottenham -1.5 5/2 various 3/10

Re: Aston Villa v Tottenham > 6 May Tottenham @ 1.94 pinnacle A win here for Spurs and they go back into third spot, and given that they have won their last two game against lowly Blackburn and Bolton, then a similarly placed Aston Villa should not pose too many problems. Villa have just one win and 6 draws in their last 12 games, while at home, they have a win and 4 draws in their last 12 games there. Spurs have won 4 and drawn 2 of their last 6 meetings, which includes 2 wins and a draw in their last 3 games at Villa Park, and given that they look like they have hit form again, like them to jump over their rivals Arsenal with a win here Season record: 153-219 (-13.88)

Re: Aston Villa v Tottenham > 6 May Spurs -0.5 @ 2.00 bet365 Villa have been in terrible form and I've been very unimpressed with them in the couple of recent games I've seen them play. MacLeish has got big problems there, bent seems reluctant to make his come back and you would hope your star striker was chomping at the bit. You've then got the brawl in the week which sees James Collins left out today and he will be a miss for villa. Its not going to be a walk in the park for spurs today. But they are fighting for that place in Europe and now Harry's staying they should be fighting their hearts out today. You couldn't say the same for villa though who seem to be an unhappy camp and who have relatively little to play for. Spurs have the clear edge in all areas and as such even money represents decent value for me.

Re: Aston Villa v Tottenham > 6 May

Villa vs Tottenham This is a very straight forward one for me. I'll just get to the point and say I feel this match has all the ingredients for a Tottenham win. With their neighbors Arsenal slipping up, Tottenham are not favourites to clinch 3rd spot, which is a guaranteed champions league spot. 4th spot is likely to also be, with Bayern Munich favourites to beat Chelsea, whose league qualification of 4th looks unlikely. Hodgson taking the England job has really helped in my opinion. I don't think Redknapp wants the England job one bit. He'd much rather prefer sitting back with his Tottenham side, away from potential criticism and relish next season's champions league. Though some argue its pure coincidence that Tottenham's dip in form after the vacation of the England job following Capello's departure, I think these two events has to be linked. True, they thumped 5 past Newcastle immediately after the departure, but that was before every indicator pointed towards Redknapp was the successor. Aston Villa themselves have been sucked into a relegation battle. But ultimately I think they are going to be safe, even if they lose their last two games. Villa have had a poor season under McLeish and way below expectations. I expect their miserable home form to continue, even though they need more points to guarantee survival. On top of that Villa have had some disciplinary problems with players, as well as Bent being out. Tottenham have Walker out, who will be a miss. Parker should be fit to return to the side. Tottenham 1.91 StanJames 10/10 Tottenham -1.5 5/2 various 3/10
-13 units