** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Jump Racing - May 2nd (Cheltenham and Kelso)

Re: Jump Racing - May 2nd (Cheltenham and Kelso) Nice write-ups Addpea, knew you'd get stuck into this meeting! I backed Pistolet Noir when you tipped him up at Towcester a few weeks ago as i was there, and have backed him again today. Right into an odds on shot now so were not the only ones.

thanks glad you like. If he jumps round he wins for me although not sure he's much value if he's gone odds in now given that slight doubt. Rash move looks an each way bet to nothing in the race to me. Sent from my HTC Desire S using PL Forum

Re: Jump Racing - May 2nd (Cheltenham and Kelso) 7.30 Kelso - 3pts win Posh Bird @ 8/1 (Bet365) There are question marks over the first couple in the betting if you ask me, and although this mare isn't exactly bulletproof herself, looks capable of running a big race under conditions which should be fine. She stays further than this quite well, but the softened ground should turn this into more of a stamina test which will suit, and I think her most recent effort can be forgiven when sent off the favourite for the Midlands Grand National. She was worthy of her place in the market that day after a very good effort in the Eider Chase at Newcastle, having been outstayed in the closing stages. She can be a bit of a bridle horse, which is a bit of a concern up the long run-in here, but I expect her to show much more spark today than she did at Uttoxeter. She was struggling from a long way out and it's very possible that her exertions in the North-East just three weeks earlier took it out of her, and she didn't have the chance to fully recover. It was her third tough race in six weeks and now freshened up with a 46-day absence from the track, I expect a showing more like what we saw a couple of months ago. She has thrived for the yard and although she was hit hard by the handicapper for her 5l success at Catterick in January, her effort in the Eider came off 118 and tonight she races off 121 with Henry Brooke taking off 3lbs. This is the trainer's only runner on the card and has only been represented three times previously at the Scottish venue. I don't think he's bringing her up here for the mere Northern air and must have a big chance. The favourite's best form has come on good ground, and Night In Milan hasn't been seeing his races out with much enthusiasm over this trip of late and needs the blinkers to perk him up. Although you can't rule the others out, I prefer Peter Niven's horse out of those towards the head of the market and she can get back in the winner's enclosure now after a run of promising efforts.

Re: Jump Racing - May 2nd (Cheltenham and Kelso)

Teddy's Reflection 7.30 Kelso. 1 point win. All about the visor for me and if that takes effect, like I think it will, then he should be more than capable of going close. The race should be run to suit well enough and he jumps well enough. Every chance. 5/1 Ladbrokes (bog)

Re: Jump Racing - May 2nd (Cheltenham and Kelso) Thanks for the thanks guys. Not quite as good as I was hoping for but not a disaster. I will stick up my preview for Folkestone in a couple of weeks where I have a much better record anyway.