Jump Racing - Tue 1st May (Exeter, Sedgefield, Ballinrobe)

2:20 » Exeter TUE 1 MAY 2012 HIGOS INSURANCE SERVICES HANDICAP HURDLE (CLASS 4) (4yo+ 0-110) Winner £2,599 Heavy 2m1f Number of runners: 11 DIAMOND'S RETURN 5pts to win @ 10/11 bog (Paddy Power and many more) I wrote this few days ago:Diamond's Return is a former Irish bumper winner who had been very disappointing after that nice debut in July 2009 (beat the useful On Borrowed Wings that day) and Seamus O'Farrell (breeder, owner and trainer) decided to send him to David Pipe two months ago. It took a while also for his new trainer (the horse was coming off an injury layoff) but after a decent debut in handicaps at Newton Abbot in March (5th of 10 off 92) Diamond's Return was fully ready to win at Wincanton 3 days ago off 92 (strongly supported) and bolted up in nice style under a very confident ride by Conor O'Farrell. That was a conditional jockeys' hanidcap and so the horse escapes a penalty here and he was already entered in 7 races before that success so the plan was already to race him soon after that and Diamond's Return could well be back in action tomorrow at Uttoxeter or on Friday at Chepstow or Plumpton or on Saturday at Market Rasen since he holds 5 more entries for races in the next 3 days and this surely shows how confident they are. Diamond's Return easily won that race and can't see 7lb rise stopping him to complete the hattrick. Calico Rose, Royal Riviera and Ruby Crown are all coming from a decent effort last time out (3rd, 4th and 2nd) and could be still able to improve a bit but none of them has the potential to beat the David Pipe-trained favourite here.

Re: Jump Racing - Tue 1st May (Exeter, Sedgefield, Ballinrobe) 19.15 Sedgfield Mon chevalier 5/2 paddy power BOG Mon Chevalier is the one I like in this handicap chase.In form with a capable jockey up I fully expect another good run.Alpha One seems to have issues with his jumping.The Thirsty Bricky has been doing very well but i feel weight may stop him today.Carters Rest is an interesting one but i feel i should stick with the selection for today.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.