Flat racing ~ Saturday 28th April

2:20 Ripon: Memory Cloth 1pt win 6/1 & Toto Skyllachy 1pt win 16/1 both Bet365 Memory Cloth is lightly raced for a five year old. He won well for Andre Fabre in France on soft at Saint-cloud, and then went on to run a respectable third in a Group 3 at Chantilly. He has since joined Brian Ellison and after a few ordinary runs, put in his best performance so far when not beaten far in to third at Southwell. The theroy that he is coming to hand is endorsed by Kieren Fallon taking over in the saddle today. On this soft surface and off a mark of 82, Memeory Cloth looks set for a big run. Toto Skyllachy has his first run for David O'Meara who has built a reputation of improving horses he inherits from other trainers. Although not in great form when last seen on the all weather or over hurdles, Toto Skyllachy is on a mark he is capable of going close from and he is a course and distance winner. The going should be ok, and while hard to be certain about the draw, one drawn high and another low seems a reasonable policy. 3:30 Ripon: Montaff 1pt e/w 20/1 Stan James (1/5 123) Montaff won this last year of the same mark when the going was much different. However, he does act on a softer surface as his runs at Newcastle and Sandown last season illustrate. His second in the Group 2 at Sandown and particularly when he filled the runner up bearth in the Northumberland Plate were on good to soft and while this is softer still, he did win on heavy as a two year old. Sam Hitchcott is back in the plate today, and although the very best prices have gone, 20/1 looks worth an interest. 3:45 Sandown: World Domination 1pt win 12/1 Stan James It might be worth chancing World Domination. He is the least exposed and still has lots of potential. It would be easy to give up on him, yet he ran well first time out at Newbury last year, before pulling his chance away in the Dante. He picked up an injury at Royal Ascot. Sir Henry Cecil has got off to a decent start and Jamie Spencer catches the eye as a booking. World Domination is given one more chance and he good go well first time out.

Re: Flat racing ~ Saturday 28th April Gulf Of Naples 3.30 Ripon (28/4/12) - 9/4 Boylesports (BOG) - 2pts WIN Due to run here if it doesn't get abandoned due to heavy ground. Still looked a bit inexperienced last time out when 2nd to Thimaar but I feel that rival is decent and the form will hold up. I don't rate the other Johnston runner, Eternal Heart and I'm happy to avoid that one. Halla San, My Arch and Montaff are all ordinary and opposed. Don't fancy Hawk Mountain or Address Unknown either. Obvious concern is the Varian runner but it has 3 third places and 2 were on softer surfaces. It won well last time out but that was just at class 4 level and it has lost in class 4 and class 3 races so I prefer a progressive Johnston horse that is going the right way.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.