Betting volume question

Re: Betting volume question Sorry it's a bit little. 1st Column --> Date + hour by hour 2nd column --> Odds home 3rd column - Odds draw 4st column --> Odds away 5th column --> home traded 6th column --> draw traded 7th column --> away traded in the exemple : home traded for 4 000 € draw traded for 0€ away traded for 165 € and one day before kick off. any idea ?

Re: Betting volume question Still can't relate it, all i see is the amount traded increase over time, as can be expected. Think you need a different example. ( it's acutally impossible to answer your question without a clear example as the question itself could be ambiguous )

Re: Betting volume question Ok another betting example March 7st Sepahan - Al Nasr Big amount traded or backed on Sepahan one day before the kick off. Final result : 1-0 1) Any comments or analyze ? 2) Why odd on Sepahan increase ? 3) there is any correlation between volume team A and the odd team A ? Thnak you very much bigamountbackedortraded.jpg

Re: Betting volume question

1) Any comments or analyze ?
I see nothing to comment on nor analyse. It's just a match like thousands of others. Also i still don't see the original question in the example: " No volume. and.... bing ! 10 000 $ backing or Laying in one or two shot ! " All i see is the traded volume increase over time and then spike up close to kickoff, so what ?
2) Why odd on Sepahan increase ?
If you can answer this question you'll be a millionaire within a week. That's just the way this market went. Do not make the mistake of looking at Betfair alone, that is not "the market". To get a picture of the full market you have to consider the prices at the full range of bookmakers. With low-liquidity/low-profile matches like this one Betfair is just a tiny % of the full market.
3) there is any correlation between volume team A and the odd team A ?
Yes, but it's only meaningfull if you also consider volume and odds changes on the other outcomes, and include volume and odds changes on related markets, and volume and odds changes at the bookmakers. If a lot of betting is done on "Al Nasr" the price should go down and therefore "Sepahan" goes up, but it is not a conclusion that can be made by looking at just the Betfair history.