Dissertation on systems/stats

Morning all. This is going to come across as a mightily cheeky post, but it comes with perfectly reasonable intentions attached! As the title implies, I am doing some work on systems for my dissertation and am currently collecting some systems so I can get quarterly figures together over the last ten years or so and then planning on testing them against the return from Government Bonds. I have got a few systems together at the moment, but I am looking to get a few more. I know that systems are often quite personal with things like this, but I would really appreciate any help anyone could give me, I would not mind paying a small amount if that helps too. Thank you in advanced, as I said, any help would be gratefully received as I am in a bit of a rush! Apologies again for the cheekiness. Jack

Re: Dissertation on systems/stats Depends if you want winning systems or losing systems. 99% will be losing systems. I have a folder full of them which I downloaded and found over the years. A lot of them require looking at daily newspapers so that's gonna be some job if you want to go back over 10 years... As for winning systems. Well you'll be hard pressed to get one of those. There are very few, and those that do exist will not be available to you. "The goose that lays the golden eggs is never for sale." There is a third way though. Backfitted systems. These will show a past profit but will undoubtedly fail in the future. Things like grey horses racing at Thirsk in the last race on a Saturday. Might show a big past profit but only by chance - clearly it is founded on nothing and will fail in the future. I made a few systems last year. Tried as much as possible to avoid back fitting. I used them over several months and some were profitable, some were not. In general a small profit was made, about 3% ROI - so I decided to stop wasting my time. They will probably continue to tread water. You can have them if you want. The other good thing about them is that they are all on horseracebase so at a click of a button you can get a monthly breakdown of the performance month-by-month since 1997.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.