** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

MLB: April 11th picks

Boston -1.5 @ 2.35 pinnacle Boston's Lester started the season off well with just one run allowed in 7 innings pitched while Romero gave 4 runs in 5 innings against Cleveland. Lester has gone 10-4 with a 3.06 ERA against Toronto and is 6-3 with a 3.33 ERA in 11 starts in Toronto. Romero has a 7.12 ERA in 13 starts against Boston as Toronto's pitchers have given up at least 4 runs in 11 of their last 13 starts against Boston. With Boston winning 9 of these last 13 starts games against Toronto, like them to win again here St Louis @ 2.13 pinnacle Garcia allowed 2 runs on 5 hits in his opening game for the season as he did enough to beat Milwaukee and has gone 6-1 with a 3.13 ERA against Cincinnati. He generally pitches well early in the season, and like him to contain the Reds who have scored just 2 runs in this series. While Cueto have also had a good opening start, he has been hit by the Cardinals in the past, and like them to do enough to win here Arizona @ 2.12 pinnacle Arizona have Saunders on the mound who went 3-1 with a low 1.47 ERA in 4 starts against San Diego last year. Like his batters to provide some offence for him, as they have scored 21 runs in winning their last 4 games. Luebke allowed 5 runs on 9 hits in his opening start loss to the LA Dodgers, and is 0-3 with a 5.50 ERA against Arizona. They have not been hitting the ball and like Saunders to contain them here Miami @ 2.30 pinnacle Two very good pitchers go at it here, as both Halladay and Johnson are respective ace's for their teams. Halladay has pitched well at home but Johnson has done well in Philly too, going 4-0 with a 1.87 ERA in 5 starts there. Halladay has been hit by some of the Marlins bats and with the Phillies bats not able to get some production going, then like Miami to do enough to edge this Houston @ 2.13 pinnacle Rodriguez tends to pitch well at home and like him to well against the Braves, who have struggled against left-handed pitching of late. He is 3-2 with a 3.25 ERA in 11 starts against Atlanta, and like him to contain the Braves batters who showed some form last night with the bat, they have had their problems scoring this year. Like the Astros bats to continue their good hitting, as Delgado had some solid form last year, but the Astros have been scoring runs and as such, have won 3 of their last 4 games LA Angels -1.5 @ 1.97 pinnacle Weaver is coming off a very good season where he went 18-8 with a low 2.41 ERA He has gone 5-2 with a 3.90 ERA in 10 games against Minnesota and will like his chances of containing them, as they have scored just 6 runs in their 4 games. Pavano for Minnesota allowed 4 runs on 5 hits in the opening day loss to Baltimore and like the Angels to score a few runs on him Record: 6-10 (-1.46)

Re: MLB: April 11th picks 7-6 +0.73 units (53.84%) Reds -125 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I see them avoiding the sweep Indians -128 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Masterson was lights out in his first start. The Bluejays ended up getting to the bullpen. Masterson 2-1 last year against the White Sox giving up just 4 runs.

Re: MLB: April 11th picks Ready to jump back in today current record Totals 0-3 (-16) Match 3-5 (-21.97) Overall 3-8 (-37.97) Philadelphia Phillies to beat Miami Marlins 5pts @ 1.74 sky I am a massive Josh Johnson fan but when a guy is coming back from surgery it often takes a while to be fully functional in regards to pitch location and i feel he is opposable for the first half and while the phillies offense worries me the ultra consistent roy halladay takes the mound tonight and i fancy the phillies to take the W tonight Texas (-1.5) to beat Seattle 6pts @ 1.97 betfair Not a classic pitching matchup with Colby Lewis squaring off against Kevin Millwood, neither of these are guys I want to invest cash in often, however the Rangers are an offensive juggernaut and should put some runs up against Millwood who has only faced them once in recent seasons losing that start with a 9.00 ERA and is at best a league average pitcher. Seattle have an anaemic offense and struggle to score on anyone so I envisage a comfortable victory for Texas here LA Angels (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins @ 2.05 BetVictor Jered Weaver continued his form of last season in the opener not giving up any earned runs despite not earning the win, after the disappointing opening series against KC the Angels move on to play the lowly twins, another suffering franchise who have yet to taste victory starting the year 0-4. The Angels are not the team you want up in that circumstance. Pavano was shaky in the opener and despite winning 2 of four in the last three years (4.55 ERA) against the Angels, these Angels are a different team and have to prove they can live up to their billing and can feast on Minnesota and score some runs good luck all

Re: MLB: April 11th picks Marlins/Phillies (over 8 runs) 1pt @ 3.65 Bet365 Hehe, spooky, just noticed the decimal odds and the Bookie.... obviously a sign and I don't need any further reasoning...? Seriously, I never take unders due to the fact close, tight games can go to EI and before you know it, a couple of innings with a run each, and then a paggered emergency pitcher out the pen gives up a grand slam homer, and your 2-2 at the end of 9 has turned into an 8-4 scoreline after 14, and your unders bet is sunk. With that in mind I do think over 5/2 is a fair price for over 8 runs in this match in a sport where it's often a 10/11 pickem at 8 runs Both Johnson and Halladay are top pitchers, but I think I have 3 ways of winning this bet - either we get a tight well-pitched game that goes to EI and the runs creep up in EI; or one or both of the starters can have a bad day; or one or both of the offenses 'clicks'. To get over 5/2 for over 8 runs is worth taking imo

2012 record: 5-12 (-3.43)

Re: MLB: April 11th picks Astros (-1.5) 1pt @ 3.20 Bet365 Wandy Rodriguez has yielded no runs in 14 innings in his last 2 starts v Atlanta, and is 3-0 with a 1.64 ERA against them in 5 starts at Minute Maid. Like the 11/5 for Houston taking their 2nd straight series by 2-1, and do so by more than 1 run. Braves start 2nd season pitcher Randall Delgado, who performed well in his few appearances as a rookie, but more will be expected this season as a member of the rotation and he'll be under pressure to show he can handle the rigours of being a reg. Price is a little high for me. Angels (-2.5) 1pt @ 2.70 Bet365 Looks too obvious, too good to be true etc etc, but an ace pitcher like Jered Weaver (K'd 10 and allowed just 4 hits in 8 inns against KC last week) up against a pitcher, Carl Pavano, who admits he struggles early season and will be better as he gets into his groove as the season progresses. The Twins' offense isn't exactly providing any run support either, with 6 runs in 4 games so far, low on confidence yet to win, I like a 4-0, 5-1 type of scoreline here.

Re: MLB: April 11th picks

Marlins/Phillies (over 8 runs) 1pt @ 3.65 Bet365 Certainly any luck that is going about has dried up for me it feels atm. 7 runs on the board after 4 innings, just 2 more needed in 5 innings for a nice win at nice odds, and all I manage is a push!
Astros (-1.5) 1pt @ 3.20 Bet365 Angels (-2.5) 1pt @ 2.70 Bet365

2012 record: 5-14 (-5.43)

Ready to jump back in today current record Totals 0-3 (-16) Match 3-5 (-21.97) Overall 3-8 (-37.97) Philadelphia Phillies to beat Miami Marlins 5pts @ 1.74 sky I am a massive Josh Johnson fan but when a guy is coming back from surgery it often takes a while to be fully functional in regards to pitch location and i feel he is opposable for the first half and while the phillies offense worries me the ultra consistent roy halladay takes the mound tonight and i fancy the phillies to take the W tonight Texas (-1.5) to beat Seattle 6pts @ 1.97 betfair Not a classic pitching matchup with Colby Lewis squaring off against Kevin Millwood, neither of these are guys I want to invest cash in often, however the Rangers are an offensive juggernaut and should put some runs up against Millwood who has only faced them once in recent seasons losing that start with a 9.00 ERA and is at best a league average pitcher. Seattle have an anaemic offense and struggle to score on anyone so I envisage a comfortable victory for Texas here LA Angels (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins @ 2.05 BetVictor Jered Weaver continued his form of last season in the opener not giving up any earned runs despite not earning the win, after the disappointing opening series against KC the Angels move on to play the lowly twins, another suffering franchise who have yet to taste victory starting the year 0-4. The Angels are not the team you want up in that circumstance. Pavano was shaky in the opener and despite winning 2 of four in the last three years (4.55 ERA) against the Angels, these Angels are a different team and have to prove they can live up to their billing and can feast on Minnesota and score some runs good luck all
Well texas and the angels both lose two run leads late to ruin a promising evening. It is quite clear that 3b is a position with serious issues for the angels whether callaspo or trumbo. Will cost them sone runs that could be key in a tight race with texas Totals 0-3 (-16) Match 4-7 (28.27) Overall 4-10 (-44.27) Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2