Bookmakers, the good & the bad

I thought that maybe a thread where we can tell the truth about our dealings (both good and bad) with the bookies would be useful. That way existing and newer punters alike can judge for themselves what the service we get is really like and how it differs from the adverts and stories of big bets laid. I'm assuming that as long as we keep it factual there'll be no problem from the mods (or the bookies themselves). I'll start us off with one of each. William Hill : A big pat on the back and well done for standing their prices to decent amounts at Cheltenham on the morning of the races, many of which had shortened the night before. Betfred : Tried to back my BBOTD with them last Saturday but was limited to £2.50 win which I obviously declined. We're talking a major race on the busiest day of the week & hours after the market had opened here guys and you can't stand a bet of more than £2.50. That's poor. K

Re: Bookmakers, the good & the bad

I thought that maybe a thread where we can tell the truth about our dealings (both good and bad) with the bookies would be useful. That way existing and newer punters alike can judge for themselves what the service we get is really like and how it differs from the adverts and stories of big bets laid. I'm assuming that as long as we keep it factual there'll be no problem from the mods (or the bookies themselves). I'll start us off with one of each. William Hill : A big pat on the back and well done for standing their prices to decent amounts at Cheltenham on the morning of the races, many of which had shortened the night before. Betfred : Tried to back my BBOTD with them last Saturday but was limited to £2.50 win which I obviously declined. We're talking a major race on the busiest day of the week & hours after the market had opened here guys and you can't stand a bet of more than £2.50. That's poor. K
Ladbrokes, Bet 365, Paddy Power and Hills are given honourable mentions of the bookies I hold accounts with. The worst firm in my opinion is Sporting Bet, who are very quick to clamp down and even have the cheek to charge you for depositing funds in your account. Sky and Boyles are also scared to lay a proper bet. Betfred online I don't really use rarely, although me and some pals had an issue with them yesterday when trying to get £200 cash on a BAGS dog in shop and they had to ring it though. The scrooges wouldn't stand a bet at 9/4 and we had to take SP, luckily managed to get some cash online and the dog bolted up. It is my mission to take them to the cleaners with the SP payout with a Doncaster trixie this weekend!