** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Premier League Darts - Week 8

kevshat

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 29 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wade, J v Whitlock, S (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.64 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Painter, K v Taylor, P (20:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.17 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.25 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Barneveld, R v Lewis, A (21:15 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.46 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.46 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] With Gary Anderson's father passing away recently and his funeral on Thursday Anderson is missing this week so the opening match of the night sees Lewis vs Hamilton. Odds-comparison doesn't have prices but best prices are Lewis 4/6, Hamilton 13/5 with the draw at 5/1.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 8 3 for me this week. Once again I'm all about the value. +38.75pts for the tournament coming into the week. 4pts J.Wade to beat S.Whitlock 7/5 Bodog I like James Wade in this match tonight. Prior to last week's hiding from Phil Taylor, Wade had won three on the bounce with wins over Barneveld and Lewis in that run and I think he can add Simon Whitlock to that list of victims tonight. When these two met earlier in the tournament in Aberdeen Wade lost 8-4 but he was actually down to a double first in almost every leg. That match came in that 2-3 week period where Wade couldn't buy a double but his finish has been an awful lot more how we come to expect it in recent weeks and if finishes well tonight I think he will win the match. Simon Whitlock is in the middle of a good run himself but he didn't play very well last week and is missing a lot of doubles himself. I couldn't believe how far he was missing them by against Anderson a fortnight ago and he missed a batch more last week. As I've said before I don't believe Whitlock's the best chaser so if Wade can get going with throw from the start I think he will get his revenge for his defeat earlier in the season. 4pts K.Painter vs P.Taylor - Under 5.5 180's Evs Skybet I think this line is a little bit high if I'm honest. In the last three weeks Phil Taylor has hit just 7 180's while Kevin Painter has only hit that many in the last four weeks. These two aren't coming into this match off a flurry of 180's. When they met earlier in the season Taylor beat Painter 8-5. He hit a 9 dart finish in that match and the match still only had 3 180's in it despite Taylor averaging a pretty savage 108.27. I don't think Painter is playing as well now as he was then and I think he might cop a bit of a good hiding in this match which makes me look at the under 5.5 180's with some appeal. The shorter this match is the less time for 180's obviously but given their recent lack of 180's despite in Taylor's case strong averages says to me this line is a trifle too high and I don't expect to see 6 180's in this match. 4pts R.Barneveld to beat A.Lewis 11/8 William Hill This is a big night for Adrian Lewis as he plays twice on the card. It's also a fairly big night for Barney too because a win here could really stamp his authority down on one of the semi final places. Barneveld is playing pretty well at the minute and comes into the match off the back of back to back wins for the first time this season. Not only has he won a couple of matches but he has played very well doing so, scoring with sustainability and finishing with assurance and they are traits which are good for Barney and his fans, of whom I'm sure there will be plenty in the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff. Adrian Lewis picked up a win last week against a Kevin Painter who didn't really get going in the match. Painter missed a couple of chances to make it hard work for Lewis which I don't think Barney will miss. We also have to factor in that Lewis will have to get himself back up for a match so soon after the adrenalin rush of his first match and that's never easily. Barney will be fresh, he'll carry all the support and although I expect this to be a close match, for me he will carry the 2pts out of Cardiff this evening as well. Barney for me in the finale.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 8 Interesting card tonight with Anderson sadly not playing due to the circumstances. Massive night for Lewis though so should be intriguing to watch. Adrian Lewis (-2.5 legs) to beat Andy Hamilton- 10/11 Blue Square- (3/10) For me this is arguably a bigger match than the Barney one later on in the session for Lewis as it's a must win match. There's no guarantees he'll beat Barney given the way the Dutchman is playing so in his own mind, the world champ will know he needs 2 points from the first match of the night and I expect that to drive him to victory. His first win last week against Kevin Painter may have settled some nerves that he's had so far in the league and it should give him confidence to possibly go on a little roll now and secure a place in the semis which if he wins here, is certainly within reach. Hamilton was a tad unlucky last week against Whitlock, as the Aussie had to take out some impressive checkouts just to get a point out of the match and the Hammer will look to build on last week's performance. This match is more about Lewis though in my opinion and the fact that Jackpot knows he needs nothing short of 2 points from this match is key for me. Over the past year or so, whenever he's needed to find some good darts and get a result, he generally has and I see that being the case here and him winning comfortably in order to prepare for the match of the night last up. James Wade vs Simon Whitlock- Highest Checkout over 121.5- 5/6 Blue Square- (3/10) Highest Checkout of Session- 5/2 Bet365- (2/10) Hope the Aussie wins in terms of my outrights but I'm more interested in the checkout market tonight. I don't expect either guy to coast to victory tonight and it might take a spot of genius by either guy to get the 2 points. Neither guy has actually finished that well so far in the PL, which is surprising as both Whitlock and Wade are usually pretty reliable when it comes down to the double. Last week, Whitlock needed to pull a 152 finish out of the bag which really saved him a touch and he may well need that sort of finishing tonight if he is to win this one. He's also had some other decent finishes so far in the tournament, including a 164 whilst Wade has hit a 154 finish before. I expect this to be really tight with both guys really wanting the win to put them in a commanding position in the league and hopefully that will lead to one of the two guys nailing a bit finish which I think there's every chance of tonight. Kevin Painter vs Phil Taylor- Under 5.5 180s- Evens William Hill- (4/10) Can't add a whole lot more to what's been mentioned by Kev really and I don't think we'll see 6 maximums in this one. There's every chance Taylor could add Painter to his list of players he has demolished so far in the PL and if he does, the chance of us seeing 6 180's is substantially reduced. Even in the first match between these 2 in which there were 13 legs, both guys combined to hit just the 3 180s, and that included Taylor hitting a 9 darter. Neither guy has hit many in recent weeks either, and given the chances of Taylor running away with this one providing he hits a decent average of above 100, I'd be surprised if we saw anymore than 5 maximums in this one. Raymond van Barneveld vs Adrian Lewis- Most 180s on Night- 2/1 William Hill- (3/10) This price looks too high to me, especially taking into consideration that Anderson isn't playing tonight. I don't envisage too many maximums being hit in the Painter-Taylor match as I've said, and although Wade and Whitlock have been hitting a fair few in recent weeks, I expect that to be a tight affair and more of a solid match rather than a heavy scoring one. That leaves us with both of Lewis' matches and it's the final match of the session I expect we will see a ton of maximums in. These two are top of the table in terms of 180's scored so far, with Barney really finding his range finally. I'd expect at least 13 legs really, and in that time, if both guys get going, we could well see the 180 total reach double figures if the pair of them continue their impressive scoring. It's a huge game for both, but for different reasons and we could well be in for a cracker if both deliver, so the 2/1 price looks a tad high for us to see the most 180s last up tonight.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 8 Piss poor from me tonight so apologies to anyone who followed. Really unpredictable night as you never would have envisaged Whitlock getting whitewashed, nor Lewis bouncing back to hammer Barney like that. Just can't seem to get any momentum in the tournament thus far, which sees me undo last week's good work and end up back on -20.69 :puke