PGA Tour 2012 - Arnold Palmer Invitational 22-25 March

kevshat

Re: PGA Tour 2012 - Arnold Palmer Invitational 22-25 March Ernie Els 2pts win @ 50 Betfair Bit of an obvious pick but Ernie was superb at the Transitions, he struck the ball magnificently and after 70 holes looked like he was going to pick up his first win for two years. Bad putting let him down again because if he'd putted anything like he would have won comfortably. Ernie is experienced enough not to let that get to him and his supreme ball striking will keep giving him chances. From the minor glimpse I had of the Tavistock Cup it looked like Ernie was continuing to play well, this is a course that rewards experience and few can beat the Big Easy with his two previous wins here. I was expecting to be looking at about 35 for Ernie this week so delighted to get 50 and I'm sure I'll get a run for my money.

Great minds thinks alike! I got 50/1 yesterday in Corals much to my surprise. Done him each way 1/4 odds 12345. He was awesome,I agree,at the weekend and looked sure to win til the last few holes,& THAT 4ft putt at the 18th. A win which would have got him into the Masters. However,this would too,so this is a quick opportunity for him to make amends & put it behind him. He could of course have a mare,but he is such a strong character I can see him having a decent 4 days,& giving it a good go. I like the fact he won this here on the modified course in 2010. Best of luck Dougal and others with their picks in this.... :D

Re: PGA Tour 2012 - Arnold Palmer Invitational 22-25 March I have to admit, I have backed Ernie Els for this at 33/1. I was going to post yesterday but didn't have time as I was at work but I was going to back him anyway but once I seen that a couple of you guys on here had backed him, then that gave the little extra nudge I needed. This is my first proper Golf Bet as I have found myself watching the PGA pretty much every week for the last month or so. It's actually not that bad! In the past I would only watch the Majors but these weekly tournaments are pretty good. I was going to back Ernie last week going into the final day at 25/1 and was kicking myself once he had taken the lead but was pleased to see Luke Donald win. That return to form from him and the fact he does well in this tournament was the main reason for me backing him this week. Was a little disappointed yesterday that he ended up just -1 and again his putter letting him down but there is plenty of time! Would like to see him get to at least -4 today. I think Tiger is short enough now but he looks to have every chance given his excellent record here. Dufner deserves to win something for his consistency and another guy that interests me is Sean OHair. Might have a little saver on them 3 but I have had a decent bet on The Big Easy so fingers crossed for a good day today.

Re: PGA Tour 2012 - Arnold Palmer Invitational 22-25 March At least Ernie didn't bother with giving any false hope, as soon as he missed that 3 ft putt on the 1st it was going to be a long day. He's not putted well for a couple of years but it now looks chronic and the putting demons are deep in his brain. It's a shame as his ball striking remains excellent but if you keep hitting it close but miss the putts then it's very demoralising. Tiger was excellent this week and back to something like his best, the most interesting stat is that he leads overall driving. It makes The Masters even more fascinating, with McIlroy, Donald and Rose all in good form and add in Mickleson to the mix it should be a cracking tournament. Going to have to think long and hard about it from a betting perspective.