** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Maximum runners allowed in Cheltenham races.

Anyone know what the maximum runners allowed in Hurdle and chase races at the festival.i have tried to find out last 2 days but can't find any info. Was thinking of backing a horse but looks like it's got no chance of gettting in off such a low weight.10st 2 lb. i know you get your money back if your horse is balloted out but owner/trainers could withdraw and you loose.

Re: Maximum runners allowed in Cheltenham races. Don't think you would get your money back if it's withdrawn on Betfair. the bet would be void if balloted out but trainer could withdraw knowing the horse has no chance of running, horse i have in minds number is in 130s on the racecard, cant see so many horse being withdrawn for it to get in but if it does i think it will run very well,it will not be out the handicap just so many entries. bookies prices vary,something worth knowing for the future anyway.

Re: Maximum runners allowed in Cheltenham races. You are right you would lose your money on Betfair. If you look at the entries in the Racing Post it would say what the maxiumum field is. To be fair if the horse is fit to run I would imagine he would get entered anyway. A trainer is highly unlikely not to bother just because he has no chance of running.

Re: Maximum runners allowed in Cheltenham races. I remember one time it used to be in the RP, long time since ive had the need to check but can't find full conditions anywhere. Your right a trainer would probably keep a horse entered for a race and get all fees paid back if balloted out but if horse was entered for 2 targets ,they may just be realistic and go for a lesser race they are sure to get in, will leave it a day or so and see how many are declared, it's as low as 14/1 with one bookmaker,i cant see so many runners beibg withdrawn at 3 day dec stage