** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

JUMP RACING - Mon 5th March

Re: JUMP RACING - Mon 5th March

3.45 Hereford Phidippides 2pts win 13/2 BetVictor Going to take a chance on the Evan Williams trained horse here. He was pulled up on new years day which was surprising given his consistent profile since making his debut back in 2009 but hopefully he has fully recovered from that race and can show his true colours here. Since making his debut back in 2009 this horse has only finished out of the places twice in all completed runs which includes last time out and in grade 1 company at Aintree. He hasn't had much racing for an 8 year old which shows he has clearly had his problems but on his day he is pretty decent. He finished 2nd on his chase debut at Exeter back in 2010 before making no mistake next time up at Ludlow. He then disappointed on his next 2 starts in races won by good horses and was put away until returning to action in October. He returned at Wetherby in a listed handicap which was won by Fistral Beach. That was a very strong race and Phidippides was still travelling well when coming down at the 11th fence. He then disappointed at Musselburgh against much lesser opposition. They have given him plenty of time to get over that race and he returns to action with the stable in great form. Evan Williams has had plenty of winners in the last few weeks and is the top trainer at the track. Paul Moloney has ridden this horse on all but 1 of his career starts. There has been early money for him and I think the stable are expecting him to go close in this. Carrickboy looks the biggest danger as he is in good form at the moment and would have gone close last time out had he not made a bad mistake. Venetia Williams continues in good form and she also does well at the track. Rougham is best when getting an easy lead and I don't think he will get that here as there are several horses who like to lead or race prominently. Made in Time goes for the in form Rebecca Curtis stable and is a horse I backed 2 runs ago. He ran well last time out in a hot contest but he is prone to jumping errors and I don't think AP is the best jockey booking for him. It would be a shock if anything else were to win but I feel Phidippides has a good chance if all is well.