The Superbowl

Re: The Superbowl Think I'll be waiting for some of the novelty bets - have both teams antepost and a large bit (for me) on the AFC to win at between 1.49 and 1.52. Remember last year Stanjames put up over/under time of national anthem - it went well over the total so will be looking out for that one again! ;) Think the Pats will win it as they are just too good in these sorts of situations (been there, done it etc) - but will have a proper look this w/end next week.

Re: The Superbowl Right loads of specials which I'm wading thru now...... 1st turnover to be an interception at 6/5 at Stanjames - sure there must be some stats on this but think this is a little bit of value - the interception at Canbet is 1.65 (fumble is 2.25). Longest TD under 43.5 yards at Paddypower - both teams do go long sometimes but certainly they are very short yardage offensive teams - don;t buy into this whole TO rubbish that is being spoken - he won't be a factor IMO - this seems a little to high for me not to back the Under. Will keep looking - and still waiting on the O/U for length of national anthem - come on Stan you know you want to :lol

Re: The Superbowl Strange and maybe a waste of money but Coral are letting you do doubles on coin toss and winner of coin toss.....Read on another forum that NE call heads when the away team (which they are in the game) so you would think they would call it again. Just a thought, could start the game off in a nice vain. ;)

Re: The Superbowl

Right loads of specials which I'm wading thru now...... 1st turnover to be an interception at 6/5 at Stanjames - sure there must be some stats on this but think this is a little bit of value - the interception at Canbet is 1.65 (fumble is 2.25). Longest TD under 43.5 yards at Paddypower - both teams do go long sometimes but certainly they are very short yardage offensive teams - don;t buy into this whole TO rubbish that is being spoken - he won't be a factor IMO - this seems a little to high for me not to back the Under. Will keep looking - and still waiting on the O/U for length of national anthem - come on Stan you know you want to :lol
Nice catch on the turnover, thoguh i expect it's cheated that way as both passers are 'safe' throwers. I think McNabb threw less than 10 Ints all season? Gone for it though. I also like the 3.5 (5/2) on 4 or more Field Goals. The Pats always score FG's... Vinateri can score from the 35 yards line reasonably consistently. Both teams can hem the other in and keep the other to FGs as well. Plus it's the Law the Pats win on a last minute Field Goal.... I may actually put that on... +6.5 Eagles, Last score FG...

Re: The Superbowl Hi WorkingForTheEnemy ...too much horse racing and not enough football for you :lol Most conversions..or point afters are for 1 point 6pts for the TD .....7 for a converted point after .... teams have a high risk play available for a 2pt conversion where they have to get into the End Zone from 2 yards which they seldom use. Mostly seen late on in the games when a 7pt TD leaves them down by a point or say 4 or 8pts when a 2pt conversion could get them to within 3 or 7pts ..ie one Field goal or one TD rather than have to score twice. Teams ahead by 1pt after a TD sometimes also "go for it" to boost their lead to 3pts meaning a field goal only ties the game and doesn't beat them....in these circumstances late in the game a 2 pt lead isn't much better than a 1pt lead. Blimey I started out thinking that was gonna be simple to explain there :lol ...hope that expains a little why the 2pt conversion isn't that common and mostly comes about only when the maths makes the higher risk conversion attempt a bit better percentage play. Hope ya get one any way :ok Cheers Physicians 4 or more field goals might just be a very smart play...off to check that out

Re: The Superbowl

Just found one at Capital sports. To be a 2 point conversion: Yes 1/5 No 7/2 Surely they have got this the wrong way round? Have had a couple of quid on the No anyway.
There has not been a single 2pt conversion in the whole of this post season. 2 failed attempts last year and 3 failed attempts the previous year, no attempts in the 2 superbowls before that. i.e no successful attempts in the past 4 Superbowls. 7/2 seems to appeal more all of the time. Also Canbet offer 2.20 on 3.5 Field Goals or more, which could be worth a small punt.

Re: The Superbowl Knowing nothing about the NFL, I have gone for New England -7 @ 1.95. How confident should I be guys? Just put the bet on to make tomorrow night a wee bit interesting. What are these 2 teams like? By that I mean what teams would they be if they were English Football teams?

Re: The Superbowl I quite like Ladbrokes "Where Eagles Dare" special

Philadelphia to convert a 4th down during the match at 6/4 If behind as I think they probably will be late on they could be forced into 'going for it' on a few occasions. MacNab is a very capable passer and an elusive runner into the bargain capable of converting on 4rth down. Possible concern that they are the only team in the NFL not to have made a 4rth down conversion this season but that's mainly down to the fact that they've only had occasion to try it 5 times (regular & post season) due to the fact they've been comfortably ahead late in most games with no need to try. Maybe this 0-5 is the reason for the 6/4
Yup this is the one for me....hoping it's 4rth and 1 or inches though as that Pat D is brutal when they smell blood.:D Also on ThePhysician & Blackfritz's find at Canbet 6/5 on 3.5 Field Goals or more looks sound. Good luck :ok

Re: The Superbowl In reply to Alexmac question regarding if these teams were in the premiership. I would say that the Philadelphia Eagles are like Spurs. Decent on defence, prone to the odd mistake, big ambitions but more often that not fall short at the final hurdle. The only Premiership side that the Patriots could be compared to really requires a bit of imagination IMO. If you imagined Jose Moreno was managing somewhere like Portsmouth, where most of their success based on teamwork and brilliant tactics rather than big money contracts. Oh and you also have to imagine that the Portsmouth are top of the Premiership. :rollin

Re: The Superbowl The Pats play brutal, effective football, grinding out wins and grinding out their opponents... They win in the trenches. The Eagles win with their star players (McNabb, Westbrook, Owens), but aren't a flashy team. They are also quietly effective, but slightly more prone to risking it and losing it.

Re: The Superbowl I reckon the Eagles game plan has to be geared around McNabb passing plenty, as they are not the best at running the ball, and the Pats defense are great at stopping them if they try it. They will try and make some ground through Westbrook, but I believe he can be contained. This makes Pinnacles line on Total Rushing yards for the Eagles of 106.5 stand out. I don't believe they will get to this figure? Eagles Under 106.5 Rushing Yards @ 2.05 Enjoy the game ....... Juan

Re: The Superbowl Well Im going to go against the grain and plump for an outright Philadelphia win at around 3.25 I appreciate the Patriots are excellent at what they do, but how will they cope with the combination of Westbrook and such an athletic QB in McNabb? If they Blitz lots like last year, they could get caught out. If they remain conservative they could equally get caught out. I think the Philly run defense has a decent chance of slowing the NE run attack just enough to make the difference. So I'm going to have a crack at Philly outright win and go against about 99.9% of the experts. All the best.:hope

Re: The Superbowl Congratulations to NE, 3 in 4 is ridiculous given the current NFL rules - Bellichick would be knighted in this country fo doing anything similar :clap I backed Philly @ 5/1 a ew weeks ago, but took Westbrook to score a TD and Philly +10.5 here so am pretty happy :tongue2