** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Jumps Racing - Sunday 26th February 2012

3.40 Fontwell - 2pts win Battle Group @ 10/1 (Hills) So many of these have to prove themselves at the trip, and if they don't get home here, the race soon falls apart. I couldn't back a horse at 6/4 who has never run over further than two miles before, and several others in the field have to prove themselves. Some also have to bounce back to form, including my selection, but at least David Pipe's runner will be happy at the trip. He won a valuable 3 mile handicap hurdle at Aintree last year, so will certainly get home today. Hasn't really repeated that form this season, but his chasing mission went all wrong (not enthusiastic, never took to the jumping). Still showed a little bit of ability despite his antics, and last time out at Cheltenham wouldn't have suited him. A very competitive handicap hurdle over 2 miles, he was beaten 11l in 10th, but does want further, and had to give a serious amount of weight away - not far off a stone to all those who finished ahead of him. This will suit much better, and I'll put my faith in him bouncing back. 4.25 Towcester - 2pts win Regal Brook @ 8/1 (PP) Jo Hughes' horses have been running consistently well for a little while now, and this horse will relish the switch to handicap company - so long as she gets home over the three mile trip. She was 2nd in a PTP but showed nothing in a bumper after a break, before turning to hurdling. The form of her novice efforts looks strong, for all she did weaken out of matters. The horses she competed with are nice animals though, so it was no shame. She was 4th behind current 142, 134, and 118 rated horses on her hurdling debut, followed by 125, 123, 129, and 115 horses being in front of her next time. She showed more last time in a weaker race when 2nd, and now going handicapping off a mark of 97, she looks capable of even better. This isn't a strong handicap, either, and I expect her to be playing a hand at the finish, so long as her stamina does not run out.

Re: Jumps Racing - Sunday 26th February 2012

POCKET ACES
3.10 Fontwell. 1 point win. Going to bounce back sooner rather than later, and if he finds his form today then he'll be very tough to beat off an ever dropping mark of 107. Trainer has the winning when he wants them to, so with the trip and ground fine, let's hope it's today. Race should be run to suit, too. 11/1 William Hill BOG

Re: Jumps Racing - Sunday 26th February 2012

Spiritonthemount 3.20 Towcester. 1 point win. Weak looking race and several can be given chances, but I'm taking fitness on trust and thinking the race should be run to suit over this trip on this ground. Weighted to go well and at a decent price. Every chance. 12/1 Ladbrokes (bog)