** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Premier League Darts - Week 3

kevshat

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 23 February 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Painter, K v Whitlock, S (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.05 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.96 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Lewis, A (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Anderson, G v Wade, J (20:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.99 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.05 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.70 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Barneveld, R v Taylor, P (21:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.91 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 3 Was just about to put this thread up myself. Three for me tomorrow: - 5pts 3-Dart Average: Phil Taylor Over 103.5 @ [betVictor] Might be seen as quite a high line for three dart averages but with Taylor involved, I think it's do-able. Annoyingly, Phil has been starting very slowly in his matches so far. He cost me fairly big last week against Painter where he conceded too many cheap early legs and in Week 1, Lewis had him at 1-6 before he went nuts and forced a draw. Despite all of this though, his averages have remained at their usual impressive level. Last week, he finished on 108.57 whilst the week before which went the distance, was a ridiculous 112.79. Taylor has a hex over Barney. Raymond just cannot deal with Taylor in the Premier League which makes me think Taylor will make it 9 straight victories against the Dutchmen. However, Taylor's slow-starting ways this season couple with RvB's impressive beginning has put me off any handicaps. The average will suffice for now. - 4pts Total 180's (Hamilton vs Lewis): Over 7.5 @ 11/10 [skybet] Two big-scorers here. Hamilton has hit ten 180s in his two matches so far and that includes his debut night and last week against Anderson in a match that lasted a mere ten legs. The problem with is quite clearly his finishing though which was diabolical last week. Lewis should rack in three or four tomorrow and Hamilton's heavy scoring should present him with an opportunity to snag a few legs. This line is at 1.80 at Ladbrokes. More than happy to be on here at higher prices. - 2pts Most 180's (Anderson vs Wade): James Wade @ 3/1 [bet365] Some of you will look at this and think that I'm mad for going against Anderson in a 180's line. That may be the case but Anderson has been throwing pies for two straight weeks and this price is too much to let go. Gary looks out of sorts, he has thrown three 180s in two weeks. Compare that to less than a year ago when dude was throwing 11 maximums in one match an you can see where I'm going. Whilst Wade has been largely unconvincing, his 180 hitting has remained normal and steady. Anderson only hit 6 scores of 140+ in ten legs last week with only one being a 180. Whilst I don't expect Wade to hip in with hundreds. 3/1 is too big a price to see Anderson have another off-week.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 3 Going to the darts tomorrow night, cant feckin wait!!! Agree with dabic, think Anderson is a great bet vs Wade @ 1.95, last week Wade couldn't hit a double to save himself until he was 6-0 down when Whitelock went off the boil. Anderson is due to find his scoring touch again and when he does very few will live with him.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 3 3pts Painter v Whitlock under 6.5 180s Evens @ skybet I don't know much about Painter but he hit 180 at a rate of 0.14 and 0.08 in the first 2 matches. These odds are very attractive or less Painter can increase his 180 scoring. 3pts Hamilton most 180s 2/1 @ William Hill OK only 2 appearances from Hamilton but he has been hitting the 180s 5 times in both his first games. This gives a stirke rate of 0.38 and 0.5 per game. Which is huge. This will come down over the season, but the odds seem miles to high considering his start. Lewis has a decent average at 0.32 this season, but the price draws me in here. 3pts Wade most 180s 4.33 @ BlueSq Again this is more for value. On their history Wade gets a higher strike rate than Anderson in 34% of matches. In addition Anderson isn't getting 3 in a bed often enough this season (only 3 this season compared to 6 for Wade) 8pts Taylor v Barney over 6.5 180s EVENS @ St James Even if they only play 12 legs, they would beat this 57% of the time over their history. Between them this season they have 19 180s. I know Taylor only got 2 last week and that is the only thing stopping this being a farm bet.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 3 Decent night last week for me with some of the darts on show truly outstanding. +7.26 last week then, leaving me on +11.05 after a couple of weeks. Like the card quite a bit tomorrow so taking a fair few. Simon Whitlock (-2.5 legs) to beat Kevin Painter- Evens Bet365- (4/10) Under 6.5 180s- 10/11 Coral- (3/10) Whitlock was fortunate last week that Wade missed a heap of doubles but credit to the Aussie, he took his chances when he had them and comes into this one top of the table, which should give him a ton confidence. In actual fact, Whitlock could have won a tad easier than he did last week but for some missed doubles towards the end but as we've seen in the past, it's never easy to play an in or out of form James Wade so it will have been a boost for the man from down under to record a decent win. I personally expect he'll win this one with a bit to spare in truth and be perhaps a tad more comfortable than he was even last week. Painter certainly surprised a few people last week by winning 5 legs, and actually leading 4-1 at one point before Taylor completely blew him away. The thing about last week though was that Taylor missed some doubles early on, and the Artist needed to be lethal with his finishing which he was in order to stay close to Taylor. His average wasn't bad at all, but that was more down to his checkout percentage which was above 80% which is superb. Every so often you'll have matches like that where you hit virtually all of your doubles but it's not something which you're able to do week in week out, even if your name is Phil Taylor. Painter was fortunate that Gary Anderson was completely bollocks in the first week, otherwise he'd be pointless so far. One thing I feel pretty confident on with Whitlock is that he will turn up, and will score pretty heavily and put in some maximums, and generally he'll finish pretty solidly, like he did last week. He has shown he's been pretty quick out of the traps and that won't benefit Kevin one bit. You'll often see Painter play his best stuff when out in front and that's something I don't see him doing tomorrow. Whitlock has that extra bit of quality scoring wise, and providing Painter doesn't finish as well as he did last week, I'd fancy the Aussie to win no worse than 8-5 tomorrow night. I will take the unders on the 180s front as well. Obviously the risk is Whitlock almost covering the line on his won, which he could well do, but as I think he'll win comfortably, the amount of legs played may reduce the chances of us seeing 7 maximums tomorrow. Painter hasn't been hitting many of them despite his recent success, and I'd expect Whitlock to hit a few but the line looks a tad high to me considering Painter's maximum ability so I'll take the unders in this one. Adrian Lewis (-2.5 legs) to beat Andy Hamilton- 11/10 Blue Square- (3/10) Adrian Lewis Highest Match Checkout Over 107.5- 5/6 William Hill- (3/10) Lewis for me has been the most impressive player in the PL this season, barring moments of pure genius from the Power. He's averaged around the 3 figure mark and checked out really well even last week, where apparently he'd barely practiced all week due to illness which shows the confidence he has at the minute and how well he's playing. Hamilton's problem last week was his doubles and in the end that cost him, as he had chances in practically every leg that Anderson won, and perhaps it was the crowd that got to him a little. Even if his finishing was a tad better, likelihood is he still would have probably won the match which says more about Anderson at the minute more than anything else but I'll get to him in a minute. The Hammer was superb in his victory over James Wade a fortnight ago and he'll be determined to make up for last week's disappointment. I don't see him getting much out of the world champ through in truth. Jackpot has been unlucky in both of his matches so far really, both of which he probably should have won. But for Taylor being at his best a couple of weeks ago he would have won, and Barney took out a superb 126 last week in the final leg to nick a draw. No doubt Lewis will want to record his first win this week though and to be perfectly honest, the only players right now who I see being able to live with him are Taylor, Whitlock and Barney with the rest of the field falling short. That's what I expect tomorrow really and although I don't see the Hammer finishing as badly as he did last week, I do think Lewis in the form he's in might win this a tad more comfortable than many think. Hamilton can score well himself but Lewis will do it consistently and that could be crucial tomorrow and eventually I'd fancy him to win this one with a bit to spare. I'll also back this Lewis checkout market for the third week running as it continues to look extremely low. He notched up a 140 finish last week to cover the overs and also missed a double for a 150 checkout which shows how low this line really is. In reality it only requires one treble and a decent ton plus checkout to cover it, and with the finishing ability of Lewis, I'll back him to cover the overs once more. James Wade to beat Gary Anderson- 2/1 William Hill- (3/10) Quite how you can be having Anderson at odds on to win this one is beyond me. Although many before me have mentioned how they expect him to start firing before too long, I'm really not convinced. In truth, he should be bottom of the table with a severely terrible leg difference as Painter should have beaten him far more comfortably than he did in the first week, whilst Hamilton's finishing was nothing short of a joke last week. The fact remains that Anderson is still yet to average more than 85 which really isn't good enough and despite Wade not enjoying the best of openings to the PL, if the Scot averages in the low 80s tomorrow night, he ain't picking up a point that's for sure. He's still throwing some pony darts and not scoring as heavily as he needs to considering he'll miss his doubles more often that not which is a really worrying sign for the Scot. He actually finished alright last week but you wouldn't fancy him to do that consistently and without the crowd this week, you'd have to fancy him to miss more doubles. Wade is still pointless but you'd have to say he has been a tad unlucky. Last week he just missed too many doubles but he still scored consistently well, whilst Hamilton was just superb in his first match but Wade's average was still around 6 points higher than Anderson's best average so far which speaks volumes. I just can't be having a guy who struggles with his doubles and isn't scoring well at all at his price against the best ever player not to win a major. The H2H isn't exactly in Wade's favour, but I fancy him to pick up a win tomorrow night and get his PL campaign up and running. Raymond van Barneveld (+3.5 legs) to beat Phil Taylor- 4/6 Coral- (4/10) Raymond van Barneveld Highest Match Checkout Over 97.5- 5/6 William Hill- (3/10) Over 6.5 180s- Evens Blue Square- (3/10) Barney for me has been a little underrated so far in the PL this season and picking up 2 points after matches against Whitlock and Lewis is certainly a decent return for the Dutchman. His opponents certainly don't get any easier but I see no reason why he can't give Taylor a real good game here in what has the potential to be a real corker of a match. The Dutchman in truth was unlucky not to have picked up more than a point in his opener against Simon Whitlock, in a match where he averaged in the 3 figures but was slightly let down by his finishing. He then did enough to pick up a point against the world champ which was a super effort, underlined by that 126 checkout in the final leg to bag himself a point. He has scored tremendously well in the first couple of weeks and he has been a joy to watch and it looks as though he is returning to the levels of a few years ago where he beat Taylor in the final of the World Championship. He looks to be enjoying his darts and his scoring has been devastating at times which is how you know he is enjoying his darts. Taylor has started a little slowly in both of his matches so far but has eventually found his range and ended up hitting everything within his sight and that 9 darter last week was something truly special. Like I've said though, he has been starting a little slowly, and is still prone to missing a few doubles and as long as Barney keeps up his scoring, I really see no reason why he can't win at least 5 legs here. Painter managed it last week and Barney is a heavier scorer than the Artist so I'll back Barney to have a real go at the Power tomorrow and potentially even pick up some points but I'll play a tad safer on the handicap. His checkout line, like Lewis looks too low to me. Given the way Barney has been playing, to set the line at a 2 dart finish just looks wrong to me. He looks to be really enjoying his darts, and he's already taken out a 126 finish in the PL last week, and had chances to take out some large finishes in his first match. Realistically, he will know he has to finish well to stand a chance in this one, but with the form he's in, there's really no reason why he can't do that and with this pretty tame line, I'll back him to cover it. One last interest I'll have in this one is the 180s line which should be covered in my eyes. Barney has been scoring heavily for a little while now, returning to his old darts and has already hit 9 180s so far in the tournament, including 5 last week. Taylor hit a sh*t load in his match against Lewis, and although he only hit 2 last week, I'd fancy him to hit a few more tomorrow night. Really think this could be something special that these two produce and could well go all the way, which should lead to us seeing at least 7 maximums in this one.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 3 Painter v Whitlock Ever since 'that' match v the Hammer last year, there's something uneasy about watching Whitlock once he gets to the verge of victory. Again last week, he gave Wade a sniff from 7-0 up, with the Machine having a dart at making it 7-5 before Whitlock wrapped things up. Painter was my firm tip for propping the table up at the end of the 14 weeks, but he's performed above my expectations so far, averaging 97 last week v Taylor, which was slightly more than Whitlock averaged in his match. If Painter puts the early pressure on Whitlock like he did to Taylor, then you don't envisage such a comeback from Whitlock. Similarly if Whitlock gets ahead, he is always liable to allow Painter back into it. I'm going to cover the draw this week along with the Aussie by 1 break. Whitlock to win 8-6 - 1.25pts @ 7/1 Betvictor Draw 7-7 - 1.25pts @ 5/1 various Hamilton v Lewis The Hammer missed 19 darts at the doubles last week, averaged under 85, and this week comes up against the double World Champ who has averaged well over 100 and just under 100 in his 2 games so far. I can't see anything other than an 'away' win to be fair, though it's almost unthinkable for Hamilton to be as bad on his outs again. He actually scored 5 x 180s in 10 legs, but will need to replicate that AND boost that out % to trouble Lewis. There can't have been somebody has performed better for 2 games in a row without picking up a win in the PL so far (though I haven't checked that - we all know that 83.94% of statistics are made up ;)), and he should very much pick up that elusive win tonight. Lewis to win 8-2 - 1.25pts @ 10/1 various Lewis to win 8-4 - 1.25pts @ 13/2 Betvictor Anderson v Wade Tough match up to work out what to with to be honest. Both struggling, both uninspiring so far. Anderson has the win under his belt from last week, but that was more thanks to Hamilton than to him, whilst Wade is pointless so far. Wade did actually play ok last week though, averaging over 96 and throwing 16 scores of 140+ - again, like Hamilton, it was his finishing that let down with 18 missed doubles. He's normally a lock once he gets on that double 10 though, and if that aspect of his game is improved for this week then I can see him 'upsetting' a woefully out of form Scotsman who averaged under 85 last week. Anderson can't rely on his finishing, albeit he was 8/17 last week, so until such time as his scoring improves he's obviously worth opposing. Wade to win 8-4 - 1.25pts @ 12/1 Betvictor Wade to win 8-6 - 1.25pts @ 8/1 Betfred Van Barneveld v Taylor Barney's resolve has impressed over the opening 2 weeks. He lost 5 out of 6 at the crucial midpoint of the match v Whitlock, then lost 5 in a row against Lewis last week, yet hit back both times to nab draws. That resolve's something which has seemingly been missing over recent times, and Barney himself said after last week's game that he feels like he is in a much better place just now. That said, does he believe he can do that against Taylor if he gets behind? I don't think he does, I don't think he thinks he can beat Taylor, and having seen the Taylor of the opening 2 weeks I'd have to agree with him. 112.79 over 14 legs in week 1, then 108.27 over 13 legs last week, those figures would strike fear into anybody, never mind somebody as fragile as the Dutchman. Barney has the throw in the first leg, I'd say it is vital he holds on to that to give himself a foothold in the game, otherwise it could get messy quickly. Taylor to win 8-2 - 1.25pts @ 8/1 Betvictor Taylor to win 8-4 - 1.25pts @ 6/1 Betvictor

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 3 4 for me tonight. Continuing with the value seeking. 3pts K.Painter to beat S.Whitlock 13/4 Bodog I don't see any reason why Kevin Painter is as big a price as he is here. He beat Gary Anderson in the opening week in a real struggle in which neither man played well and then last week he led Taylor 5-2 on merit before the Power hit the turbo button and pulled away from him. Whitlock comes into tonight top of the table but I wasn't all that impressed with him last week. Wade beat him to a double in almost every leg but strangely for Wade he hardly hit any of them. If he had then he would have beaten Whitlock with a bit to spare. Hitting doubles is something Painter hasn't had a problem with. He's hit 5 ton plus checkouts in the tournament already and he's only won 13 legs. His finishing won him his first match and if he checks out well in this match then he should be competitive if not go on to win it. Painter throws first tonight so if he can get ahead and stay ahead Whitlock will always be under pressure. He doesn't cope well with the pressure of closing out a match so the pressure of chasing can't be a lot easier. I'll take Painter as a value call here. 4pts J.Wade to beat G.Anderson 7/4 Coral I can't be having Anderson at odds on or evens in this match. I've mentioned his finishing both weeks so far and there's still no signs he is getting any better in that area of the game. Had Hamilton taken the chances which came his way early in the match against Anderson last week then with the fragile confidence the Scot is showing at the minute you would have to assume that Hamilton would have gone on to win that match even with the crowd giving him stick. Although he missed a lot of doubles last week I don't think it would be wise for Anderson to think that's going to happen every week as normally that is the reliable part of his game. Wade has scored pretty well in this tournament, certainly last week he did anyway because he outscored Whitlock in most legs and that's not an easy thing to achieve. If Wade scores consistently here then I think he will win this match because even if Anderson scores well, something he hasn't done in recent weeks, he will miss doubles and let Wade in. Anderson may have won 7 of the last 8 against Wade but he isn't playing anywhere near the level he was during that period so it's Wade for me here. 3pts R.Barneveld Most 180's vs P.Taylor 15/8 Coral I think Barney is a decent price to hit the most 180's here. Taylor hit 8 180's against Lewis in the opening week but that's a lot for him and last week he resorted to type with just two 180's in a 108.27 average. Barneveld has gone ok with the 180 hitting in this tournament. He's hit 5 and 4 in his two matches which is a fair effort in short races and if he can hit the 4 180's again in this match then he will set a decent target for a Taylor who has been heading down to 19's a lot in this tournament. Barney seems to have his darts how he likes them and with that in mind I think he can hit the most 180's in the final match of the evening. 3pts A.Hamilton vs A.Lewis to be match with most 180's 9/4 Boylesports I like the 9/4 on this. Hamilton has hit 5 180's in each week of the tournament so far while Lewis hit 5 and 4 in his first two weeks and if they combine for that together this week they are going to hit 9 or 10 180's. I don't think it's much of a surprise that both weeks so far the match with the most 180's has been the Adrian Lewis match and with Anderson playing someone who doesn't hit a lot of 180's as a rule and Whitlock the same I think two well known 180 scorers can contribute the most maximums in their match this evening.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 3

WIN - 5pts 3-Dart Average: Phil Taylor Over 103.5 @ [betVictor] WIN - 4pts Total 180's (Hamilton vs Lewis): Over 7.5 @ 11/10 [skybet] LOSS - 2pts Most 180's (Anderson vs Wade): James Wade @ 3/1 [bet365]
Craziness from Phil. If you told Barney before that match that he would throw 4 maximums, check out 145, hit 100% of his doubles and throw 106 average he would've bussed a healthy nut. Yet he didn't even get five legs. Crazy. Decent night though, +6.55 after lots of maximums in the 2nd match. I can't remember all the stats of all the other matches to comment individually so well done to others in the green.