Festival Staking Strategies?

Just wondering how you approach the Festival, staking-wise? Is it 'just another week', or do you set extra aside to have interests in every race even if you have no real firm fancy for a particular race? Me personally, I'm not a big horse racing punter and don't have a bet very often on the horses, so all I have done is set enough aside for me to have a yankee each day (If Betvictor are doing their Yankee special where you get stake back as free bet if you get 1 winner, otherwise a Lucky 15) and maybe 8/16 lines on the placepot each day. That way I'll have an 'interest' in at least 4 of the races each day, but win, lose or draw, I've enjoyed 4 day's of Cheltenham Festival racing, and won't have lost too much money. :cheers

Re: Festival Staking Strategies? I'll be staking more than my usual because I'm confident I'll profit over the week, and will try to maximize it. Probably not so much on the handicaps, but it depends. There's always so much value to be had at these meetings, and if I don't make a profit over the week I'll be thoroughly disappointed.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.