BBOTD - Wed 8th Feb 2012

430 Kempton – Pale Orchid – 3/1 VC Just love this horses attitude – gets her head down and puts it all in and it doesn’t look like the handicapper has got to her yet. Convincingly turned over supposed good thing Dark Castle last time and should find the extra furlong no problem at all today(Wednesday). 2 unexposed in the race but I honestly have Pale Orchid as at least listed class and is done nothing but improve since joining the David Evans stable. Shorter than I’d like but the Gosden horse(Discoverer) is helping the price and that stable has had horses turned over at 1/2, 9/2, 5/2 and 4/11 from 5 runners in the last 14 days.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 8th Feb 2012 5.30 Kempton Dingaan EW 15/2 VC Bet Think this is a pretty intriguing race given the 3 horses that look to hold the strongest claims have the 3 best jockeys on board. I am not saying the other horses can’t win but I fancy Even Bolder, Rightcar or Dingaan to take this. I actually put Rightcar up as my BBOTD when he finished 2nd a couple of starts ago. He then went on to win next time out but looked a little lucky given how much Cut the Cackle was hampered in the final furlong. The form of that race has been given a boost as Cut the Cackle won very nicely the other day at Lingfield. Rightcar is only up 3lbs for that run and looks set to run another big race with Luke Morris on board. Even Bolder is another horse I like the look of with Jimmy Fortune booked for the ride but I think he is best at Lingfield and does not win very often. He looked very unlucky last time out and should run well here if he gets luck in running but his record of 5 wins with 27 places speaks for itself. He is a horse who finds it hard to get his head in front. That leaves me with Dingaan who has the services of Joe Fanning for this race which for me is a very eye-catching jockey booking. He has never ridden the horse and I don’t think he will have ridden that many times for Peter Grayson. He does have to race from out of the weights here which is a worry but he ran a nice race last time out to suggest he may be ready to strike. This horse’s last win came over CD in a claimer back in November 2010 when he was with Andrew Balding and rated much higher. He has dropped from 81 to 52 in that period but has to race off 54 for this. He is another horse that has suffered during the baron spell for Peter Grayson but has probably been one of the better performers during that poor run of form. Now the stable is in form, I give him a great chance of getting his 6th win on the all weather and 4th win at this track. He only just failed to catch the well ridden Welcome Approach last time out but got the better of the gambled on Nacho Libre. Joe Fanning takes over from Robbie Fitzpatrick and that looks a massive positive given this horses quirks and how well Fanning is riding at the moment. He is better drawn in 4 than the other 2 horses I have considered but he does like to be held up so like Even Bolder he will require luck in running. When a jockey is in form however, they tend to make the right decisions throughout a race and I expect Fanning to keep Dingaan out of trouble. He is the lowest rated horse in this race but does come into the race in good form and with the stables horses continuing to run well.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.