Boxing/MMA 2012 Thread

LtfcPete

Not sure how regularly I’ll post up picks but it’d be nice to hear other opinions also. I guess I’ll just make this a combined monthly thread as that seems as good a method as any. Big weekend of fights across the two sports kicks off tonight. Here we go then.. T.Dodson to bt. O.McKenzie 3.5pts 3.50 Ladbrokes T.Dodson v O.McKenzie Draw 0.10pts 34.00 Skybet Kicking off with one I’ve been priced into. I really see this as a 50/50 kind of fight, McKenzie having the edge in power (although I think it’s somewhat overrated) with Dodson by far the better pure boxer of the two. Dodson has a tendency to be cut in fights but has said that the move up in weight will help him from being so dry. If Dodson can stay upright I give him a really good chance in this one. His best mate Tony Bellew showed the blueprint to beat McKenzie and it isn’t the most complex route to victory. I think this is the type of fight where we’ll know if we’ve got a run for our money after the first few rounds, which will be particularly dangerous for Dodson and at 3.50 it is definitely worth a moderate investment.

Re: February Boxing/MMA An inauspicious start but hope to get it back today with a lot invested this evening.. S.Cunningham to bt. Y.P.Hernandez 4pts 1.91 Skybet S.Cunningham 7-12 1pt 8.00 Skybet S.Cunningham v Y.P.Hernandez Draw 0.15pts 26.0 Skybet Although Hernandez got the nod in the first fight, the outcome of the technical decision was a tad controversial. The fight was stopped in the 6th round of good back and forth affair but it seemed clear to me that Cunningham would’ve been the certain victor had the fight continued. Hernandez was fading badly and Cunningham has since remarked that he couldn’t believe how much energy had sapped from his opponent at barely the halfway mark. As such, Cunningham is brimming with confidence coming into this one. Conditioning will never be an issue for the American, although at 35 his age is certainly something to consider. The venue could be an issue, as Hernandez will be the house fighter in Germany but I think Cunningham is the pick here. S.Quigg to bt. J.Arthur by KO,TKO or DQ 10pts 1.36 Boyles S.Quigg v J.Arthur Under 9.5 Rounds 5pts 1.57 Ladbrokes Think Quigg walks through Arthur here. The challenger is game but he'll be there to hit and is coming off of a war with Jason Booth in which he lost a split decision. Booth was taught a lesson by Quigg in his next outing and although you can never use fight algebra to determine the outcomes in subsequent bouts, the two performances were pretty far apart and indicative of the class gap between the two. Arthur cuts up regularly and I expect he will be again tonight as he’s battered from pillar to post in a less than taxing night for the hot prospect.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.