6 Nations Rugby

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 6 Nations Rugby

I don't understand ev, all you've posted are 4 links to match reports detailing how wales lost games. England were arguably a their lowest ebb this time last year, with the majority of the world cup squad retired and unrest brewing with woodward, we still beat you. It may well be a close game, but as pie-chucker pointed out you haven't got the forward power that England possess, which IMO is where tight games are won and lost. The only major problem we have is getting the ball to the backs once our fowards are on top.
:cow :cow :cow :cow

I understand that Charvis is definately out of the game. To be perfectly honest, I do not think he will/would make such an enormous difference. Yes, the game may be quite close, but I honestly cannot see Wales beating England this year. Show me a game where Wales have managed to kill off the other team and win it (a game of any importance anyway). England may have had an off season last year, but I just think they are a great deal stronger and have more depth than any other team in the tournament. Here is their squad which has just been relaesed: England squad (to face Wales): Backs: Jason Robinson (Sale Sharks, capt), Mark Cueto (Sale Sharks), Josh Lewsey (Wasps), Iain Balshaw (Leeds), Ben Cohen (Northampton), Mathew Tait (Newcastle), Jamie Noon (Newcastle), Ollie Smith (Leicester), Henry Paul (Gloucester), Olly Barkley (Bath), Charlie Hodgson (Sale Sharks), Matt Dawson (Wasps), Andy Gomarsall (Gloucester), Harry Ellis (Leicester). Forwards: Graham Rowntree (Leicester), Andy Sheridan (Sale Sharks), Julian White (Leicester), Phil Vickery (Gloucester), Steve Thompson (Northampton), Andy Titterrell (Sale Sharks), George Chuter (Leicester), Danny Grewcock (Bath), Simon Shaw (Wasps), Steve Borthwick (Bath), Ben Kay (Leicester), Hugh Vyvyan (Saracens), Lewis Moody (Leicester), Andy Hazell (Gloucester), Joe Worsley (Wasps), Jamie Forrester (Gloucester). I bet you it will be the Newcastle partnership of Tait and Noon who start at 12 and 13. Good things to come from those lads. England to win against Wales, and beat the handicap by a try.
:dude :dude :dude :dude :dude :dude HEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN :D

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Awful,awful game. Congrats to Wales and anyone who was brave enough to back them. Felt very sorry for Scotland earlier on. Scored a fair try only to have a bad touch called, then with the knock down at the end. They did themselves proud though. Ireland must have loved today. Going to go and have a wee check on their odds for the tournament now.

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Even though I won - I still think that was a very poor performance by England and I've got money on Wales to win the triple crown. I thought Scotland were rather unlucky in Paris and will not be a push over in Edinburgh.we'll see how the Irish perform tomorrow. Well done everyone who won some money. cheers

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Brookes, your (general) point earlier in this thread about backing the handicap draw at around 18-1 as offered is interesting. I'd say there's more chance/value in the half/full results. [Yeah, pretty buoyant about this as got first one right]. Scooney made a point about dominant teams -- although actually refering specifically to France -- being slow to start. So I will have a tickle tomorrow. Half/full. Italy/Ireland 10-1 Draw/Ireland 20-1 These are Blue Sq, which I'll use as reference prices 6 Nations. Don't believe these prices have changed, even after 'evidence' of today. Will check weather tomorrow but less than 47 pts at 13-8 also looks a go. Willpost with more conviction tomorrow. Thoughts appreciated!

Re: 6 Nations Rugby [Alex - agreed, scotland were so unlucky, france certainly dont look like the winners, and scotland look a lot better than i thought What do you agree, Scotland were poor, France were shocking.People giving Scotland credit for a brave display are less than doolhardy, Scotland are at best second rate,Italy would have beaten France today.It was the worst French display i've ever seen and they were extremely lucky that they were up against a joke of an international side.I wanted Scotland to win ,dont get me wrong but Laportes selection from 6-10 beggars belief.France cant get worse and wiill come respond but dont get carried away by an unlucky Scotland defeat.I still believe Italy are value to win in Murrayfield and i'll take 4/1 any day.

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Briefly, mongrel Italian pack cd give Ireland a game in the first half. Clement weather/underfoot, huge Irish advantage in the centres then see visitors turn it on in second half. Since joining 2000, and if memory serves, Italy no mugs at home and early in the campaign. I'll stick with half/full Draw/Ireland 20-1 Italy/Ireland 10-1 Odds are holding up, and certainly not too daft a bet. Er, maybe.

To all you rugby experts. Gamebookers have the handicap set as Ireland (-18) @ 1.91. Can Ireland beat that? I'm in the mood for a small patriotic punt;)
Bet 365 give IRELAND (-20) V.C. GIVE IRELAND (-16) Whichever way you want to go? these two boookies offer better handicap. Personally i think that Italy will start well and will be going with handicap at half time of ITALY (+9.5) bet 365 Cheers and good luck

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Have been watching the weekend rugby in Hong Kong (home) with Aussies/Kiwis. Politely, they reckon :sad Which leaves us with Wales. Confidence, can improve, can beat France in Paris Long way to go yet. I can now hear Wales, Slam, Cardiff 50-1. As advised. however, so far, a one :nanabanana w/e.

I like Italy on the spread (+13) tomorrow against Wales. Suggest get on this for profit to have a go at why Eng v France will be tight on Sunday, gut feel posted later.
I agree with you Pie , but if you shop around you can get +14 from Laddies and even +15 with Skybet . I am tempted following the performance against the Irish last week , but Ireland were 16 point ahead [ handicap draw !! ] with only a few minutes to go. Apart from that forwards try they did not look very creative . The Irish started poorly missing touch on many occasions in the first half . I believe the Welsh will run more than the Irish did initially and if they build up a good lead early on the Italian may conceed more points.Posting this has persuaded me to put my money on Ireland to beat Scotland Saturday .I believe Scotland are a poor side who do give one good game in the recent 6 Nations. Last weeks was their chance of a moral boosting win and they missed it .The Irish are the class side and will outwit the Scots. I still believe that ENGLAND have strength in depth and are excellent at home, even though the French know how to win there. Robinson was quoted as saying "that you do not go from being a good side to a poor side " - I agree with him on this point and I see this as the only home win. My fun bet this weekend will be a 0.5 pt patent on the Handicap draw in the 3 matches Good luck to you all .[ hwyl ]

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Looking at this round from down under I fancy Ireland (-6.5) and England (-5.5) to cover the margins which I will be backing. Couldn't really understand the hype about Ireland pre tournament but feel there has been a real over reaction to Scotlands performance last weekend. A week ago would you have got Ireland at -6.5 v Scotland ? France and England were poor last weekend but I feel that England look better placed to grind a win out. Nothing flash but England by 6 or 9 points has an ominous ring about it. Cheers CK

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Yes to IOB above! (several hours after the final whistle) Good punts on Ireland, guys. Cannot get financially excited about England's chances. Both Eng and France seem to be a work in regress. Either of the two teams could really turn it on, but which? Nervous kicking game I reckon. Scrappy. I'm taking the 8-1 with Centrebet about draw half or full.

Re: 6 Nations Rugby I agree with you Pie - that it is difficult to separate ENGLAND and France , but I believe that home advantage will be a major factor today [ close matches do tend to go to the home team . I've risked my winning from Ireland yesterday on two bets : England -2.5 to win at half time and England -4.5 to win at full time. I realise that these are not the best handicap - those are with skybet but my yesterday winnings were with bet365 - I may regret this following my preaching about shopping around . I hope you were on that Offering , I am hoping that you are right Kane - I can see France giving away penalties today. Cheers [ I noticed that you are in H.K. Pie - what's the weather like? ! - It is pissing with rain here - Ideal weather for going to the pub with your mates to watch the Manchester derby (looks dry in Manchester) and then the rugby