Stuck in a Rutt

bigbadken

I seem to be stuck in a rutt with my poker, at the moment. I am loging on to pc with the intentions of playing a tourny, but then that seems to be as far as i get, i end up playing a bit of cash, for a short time and then ill come to punters and have a look about. I will then put a poker site up, look at the tournys, decide that there is not one i want to play, ill then move on to the next site, do the same again and thats how i seem to carry on at the moment. I look at a $5 perhaps a $10 tourny and think, mmm 400 runners, im either going to get bored with the game or ill get down near the money and go out to a bit of bad luck and decide i cant really be bothered with even trying. Now im happy with my little bit of cash play, as for the first time ever im actually turning out a consistent bit of profit, be it very small, im happy with that. Now this is my dilema, i want to get myself back playing tournys, but obviously, enjoying them. I enjoy the games here i play on the forum, i was thinking of joining say... the gukpt league on blue square or something like that, maybe hitting some satellites to a live tourny, not the wsop though, ive no interest in that, dont know why, but it never has interested me, playing it. So... as you can see im stuck in a rutt and dont know which way to turn, so any ideas or suggestions, would be very much apprecated.

Re: Stuck in a Rutt

I seem to be stuck in a rutt with my poker, at the moment. I am loging on to pc with the intentions of playing a tourny, but then that seems to be as far as i get, i end up playing a bit of cash, for a short time and then ill come to punters and have a look about. I will then put a poker site up, look at the tournys, decide that there is not one i want to play, ill then move on to the next site, do the same again and thats how i seem to carry on at the moment. I look at a $5 perhaps a $10 tourny and think, mmm 400 runners, im either going to get bored with the game or ill get down near the money and go out to a bit of bad luck and decide i cant really be bothered with even trying. Now im happy with my little bit of cash play, as for the first time ever im actually turning out a consistent bit of profit, be it very small, im happy with that. Now this is my dilema, i want to get myself back playing tournys, but obviously, enjoying them. I enjoy the games here i play on the forum, i was thinking of joining say... the gukpt league on blue square or something like that, maybe hitting some satellites to a live tourny, not the wsop though, ive no interest in that, dont know why, but it never has interested me, playing it. So... as you can see im stuck in a rutt and dont know which way to turn, so any ideas or suggestions, would be very much apprecated.
Play the smaller field mtts on boss ken, lots of value there as long as you keep outta my way :lol

Re: Stuck in a Rutt Ken, I often have days like that and often play for a sake of it, which is obviously wrong. Lately, I learned to just not play if I don't feel like it. Every time you go to the table, but not feeling it, have a day or two break. Soon, you will get cravings from hell :ok.

Re: Stuck in a Rutt Thanks Jag and Heniek, i have started by taking Jags advice and that has already started paying dividends, so thank you Jag. Im not working this week so its even harder to take a break at this time of year Heniek, but i am going to take a week off from online poker when i return back to work and get my head in some books in the evenings instead of playing. Thank you both for your help, it is appreciated. I may later try playing the apat league or something like that aswell, i think i need a bit more direction to my poker playing, i just find a lot of the time as you said Heneik, im playing for the sake of playing and with no real goals in front of me.