Fri: 3.20 Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup

Re: Fri: 3.20 Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup How anyone can side with Long Run at that price, i just don't know. Not the same horse it was last year, and has a pleb of a jockey on board, i would want 4/1 at the very least to even contemplate backing it... Between Kauto, Burton Port + Synchronised.. My heart wants Kauto to win, but the hill might just catch it out.... Burton Port was the eye-catcher last time out, would have beat Long Run comfortably if Geraghty wanted to pass him, but my money has gone on Synchronised who showed huge improvement when demolishing the field at Leopardstown last time out, has to be in the reckoning, only concern is i don't like McCoy over fences, a superb jockey but can be rather clumsy...

Re: Fri: 3.20 Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup How is Long Run not the same horse he was last year? You take Kauto Star out and he would be unbeaten this season and was gaining with every stride on him at Kempton. It was a solid effort last time giving Burton Port 10lbs (something people seem to be forgetting) and that horse could bounce. I do think the jockey is a small negitive because I dont think he has handled the pressure well this season, but he won the race on the horse last year. I want Kauto to win but think Long Run probably will as I think he is the better stayer. His jumping is a concern but he made mistakes in the race last year and he has never looked liked falling. I must admit I am starting to think Synchronised has a chance actually he might get third but still needs to find improvement to beat the top two in the market

Re: Fri: 3.20 Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup

How is Long Run not the same horse he was last year? You take Kauto Star out and he would be unbeaten this season and was gaining with every stride on him at Kempton. It was a solid effort last time giving Burton Port 10lbs (something people seem to be forgetting) and that horse could bounce. I do think the jockey is a small negitive because I dont think he has handled the pressure well this season' date= but he won the race on the horse last year. I want Kauto to win but think Long Run probably will as I think he is the better stayer. His jumping is a concern but he made mistakes in the race last year and he has never looked liked falling. I must admit I am starting to think Synchronised has a chance actually he might get third but still needs to find improvement to beat the top two in the market
If my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle.

Re: Fri: 3.20 Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup Think your missing my point. Kauto has been a much better horse this season and I dont think Long Run has really been any worse. Kempton suits Kauto more than Long Run and the trip today suits Long Run better than Kauto. You (and others) make out like Long Run has been getting stuffed all season.

Re: Fri: 3.20 Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup No, i never claimed Long Run was getting stuffed all year... All i said was i would want 4/1 before i would consider backing Long Run. Long Run was allowed to win last time out in my opinion, Burton Port had the beating of it. Kauto beat it twice already this year. When you look at this year's Gold Cup, the opposition to Long Run is much stronger. Last year it beat a finished Denman, and a Kauto Star that was not 100%. Imperial Commander was not 100% either and that horse was pulled up. Weird Al was pulled up. It had everything to suit last year. This year it faces a revived Kauto Star, a Burton Port that should have beat it last time out, a Midnight Chase that has improved a lot since last year, a Synchronised that destroyed a good field at Leopardstown, an improved Weird Al who has been kept fresh for this race for the McCain stable that is on fire, then you go onto the jockey Sam Waley-Cohen who is an amateur on top of that. 2/1 is a crap price in my opinion, and i hope Long Run gets beat, but at 4/1 or 9/2 i probably would have a bet on it..

Re: Fri: 3.20 Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup 3.20 Cheltenham - 2pts win Burton Port @ 7/1 (Bet365) I already have an e/w bet on this horse at 33s, as posted before his comeback run, but will add a little bit on the day from a win perspective. Obviously many are billing this a two-horse race, and it may well be, but I love this horse and couldn't not be impressed with his effort on his return from a very long absence. Naturally there are concerns with regards to the 'bounce' factor, but if he's fit and well - and ready to go 100% - he looks destined for a big run. Nicky Henderson has been very complimentary to this horse since he recovered from an injury sustained in the 2010 Hennessy at Newbury - claiming he's working better than ever, and has even said he's a stone better than when last seen. Now a horse who is a stone better than an RSA/Hennessy runner-up - with his jumping costing him in both races - isn't far off a Gold Cup horse in my eyes. He showed all heart on both of those runs (winning at Aintree when not fully tuned-up inbetween). He made errors - more consistently at Cheltenham, and one bad error at the cross-fence at Newbury cost him that race without a doubt for me. But he stayed strongly on both occasions and he's got such an engine and guts. It is a concern that his jumping will be put under serious scrutiny here, as a slower tempo gives him more time at his fences, and he's not the biggest horse in the world. He jumped better last time, though, and also travelled with more purpose. I know he was getting 10lbs from Long Run there, but he was entitled to come on plenty for it, and probably should have won that day. Geraghty only gave him a couple of smacks up the run-in - having jumped slowly/right at the final flight, but only went down by 1/2l. Although the test will suit his stablemate today, the stiffer stamina questions will also play right into the hands of my selection. Geraghty won't be giving him a soft time today, and this horse finds plenty for pressure. I think he's the 3rd best horse in the race at the very least and can shake things up so long as he jumps okay. Good race, this shapes to be, though.

Re: Fri: 3.20 Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup [TABLE=width: 436]

[TR] [TD=class: xl24, width: 93, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, width: 37, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, width: 33, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, width: 82, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, width: 33, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, width: 31, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, width: 41, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl25, width: 76, bgcolor: transparent]Chase [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, width: 89, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, width: 64, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl27, bgcolor: transparent]Age[/TD] [TD=class: xl29, bgcolor: transparent]OR[/TD] [TD=class: xl29, bgcolor: transparent]TS[/TD] [TD=class: xl29, bgcolor: transparent]RPR[/TD] [TD=class: xl28, bgcolor: transparent]LTO[/TD] [TD=class: xl31, bgcolor: transparent]Date[/TD] [TD=class: xl26, bgcolor: transparent]Runs[/TD] [TD=class: xl32, bgcolor: transparent]Best Speed[/TD] [TD=class: xl29, bgcolor: transparent]Head Gear[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl38, bgcolor: yellow]Burton Port[/TD] [TD=class: xl41, bgcolor: yellow]8[/TD] [TD=class: xl41, bgcolor: yellow]166[/TD] [TD=class: xl43, bgcolor: yellow]172[/TD] [TD=class: xl40, bgcolor: yellow]175[/TD] [TD=class: xl51, bgcolor: #ff9900]2nd[/TD] [TD=class: xl47, bgcolor: yellow]17-Feb[/TD] [TD=class: xl49, bgcolor: yellow]8[/TD] [TD=class: xl46, bgcolor: yellow]152 LTO[/TD] [TD=class: xl34, bgcolor: gray] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl36, bgcolor: yellow]Kauto Star[/TD] [TD=class: xl42, bgcolor: navy]12[/TD] [TD=class: xl43, bgcolor: yellow]183[/TD] [TD=class: xl41, bgcolor: yellow]162[/TD] [TD=class: xl38, bgcolor: yellow]186[/TD] [TD=class: xl38, bgcolor: yellow]1st[/TD] [TD=class: xl37, bgcolor: yellow]26-Dec[/TD] [TD=class: xl45, bgcolor: #003366]30[/TD] [TD=class: xl38, bgcolor: yellow]176 (158 S)[/TD] [TD=class: xl33, bgcolor: #ffff99]t[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl46, bgcolor: yellow]Long Run[/TD] [TD=class: xl41, bgcolor: yellow]7[/TD] [TD=class: xl41, bgcolor: yellow]182[/TD] [TD=class: xl41, bgcolor: yellow]166[/TD] [TD=class: xl46, bgcolor: yellow]187[/TD] [TD=class: xl46, bgcolor: yellow]1st[/TD] [TD=class: xl47, bgcolor: yellow]17-Feb[/TD] [TD=class: xl49, bgcolor: yellow]13[/TD] [TD=class: xl46, bgcolor: yellow]163 (162 LTO)[/TD] [TD=class: xl35, bgcolor: gray] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl53, bgcolor: #969696]Quel esprit[/TD] [TD=class: xl54, bgcolor: #969696]8[/TD] [TD=class: xl55, bgcolor: #969696]160[/TD] [TD=class: xl53, bgcolor: #969696]116[/TD] [TD=class: xl55, bgcolor: #969696]161[/TD] [TD=class: xl53, bgcolor: #969696]1st[/TD] [TD=class: xl56, bgcolor: #969696]12-Feb[/TD] [TD=class: xl57, bgcolor: #969696]7[/TD] [TD=class: xl54, bgcolor: #969696]114[/TD] [TD=class: xl58, bgcolor: #969696] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl53, bgcolor: #969696]Synchronised[/TD] [TD=class: xl54, bgcolor: #969696]9[/TD] [TD=class: xl54, bgcolor: #969696]167[/TD] [TD=class: xl59, bgcolor: #969696]52[/TD] [TD=class: xl54, bgcolor: #969696]175[/TD] [TD=class: xl53, bgcolor: #969696]1st[/TD] [TD=class: xl56, bgcolor: #969696]28-Dec[/TD] [TD=class: xl57, bgcolor: #969696]8[/TD] [TD=class: xl54, bgcolor: #969696]151 (147 S)[/TD] [TD=class: xl58, bgcolor: #969696] [/TD] [/TR] Projected [TR] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: #ffff99]Weird Al[/TD] [TD=class: xl43, bgcolor: yellow]9[/TD] [TD=class: xl60, bgcolor: #ffff99]164[/TD] [TD=class: xl33, bgcolor: #ffff99]154[/TD] [TD=class: xl43, bgcolor: yellow]176[/TD] [TD=class: xl61, bgcolor: #ffff99]3rd[/TD] [TD=class: xl62, bgcolor: yellow]19-Nov[/TD] [TD=class: xl39, bgcolor: yellow]8[/TD] [TD=class: xl38, bgcolor: yellow]150 LTO[/TD] [TD=class: xl35, bgcolor: gray] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl64, bgcolor: #ffff99]What a Friend[/TD] [TD=class: xl44, bgcolor: yellow]9[/TD] [TD=class: xl60, bgcolor: #ffff99]165[/TD] [TD=class: xl52, bgcolor: #ffff99]153[/TD] [TD=class: xl43, bgcolor: yellow]176[/TD] [TD=class: xl61, bgcolor: #ffff99]3rd[/TD] [TD=class: xl48, bgcolor: yellow]17-Feb[/TD] [TD=class: xl50, bgcolor: yellow]12[/TD] [TD=class: xl30, bgcolor: transparent]156 (149 LTO S)[/TD] [TD=class: xl33, bgcolor: #ffff99]b[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl68, bgcolor: white]Price[/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff]s = season[/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl65, bgcolor: white]1st[/TD] [TD=class: xl71, bgcolor: yellow, colspan: 2]Long Run [/TD] [TD=class: xl73, bgcolor: yellow]2[/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff, colspan: 2]LTO = Last Time out[/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl65, bgcolor: white]2nd[/TD] [TD=class: xl71, bgcolor: yellow, colspan: 2]Kauto Star[/TD] [TD=class: xl73, bgcolor: yellow]5[/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl65, bgcolor: white]3rd[/TD] [TD=class: xl74, bgcolor: yellow, colspan: 2]Burton Port[/TD] [TD=class: xl76, bgcolor: yellow]7[/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl65, bgcolor: white]4th[/TD] [TD=class: xl67, bgcolor: white, colspan: 2]What a Friend[/TD] [TD=class: xl69, bgcolor: white]28[/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl65, bgcolor: white]5th[/TD] [TD=class: xl67, bgcolor: white, colspan: 2]Weird Al [/TD] [TD=class: xl70, bgcolor: white]10[/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] PROJECTED OUTCOME[/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [TD=class: xl24, bgcolor: #99ccff] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Fri: 3.20 Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup My book to 99% as follows: [TABLE=class: grid borderGrid notesGrid]

[TR] [TD=class: first]Burton Port [/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]5/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: separator, colspan: 3][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: first] Carruthers [/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]100/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: separator, colspan: 3][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: first] China Rock [/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]100/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: separator, colspan: 3][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: first] Diamond Harry [/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]33/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: separator, colspan: 3][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: first] Kauto Star [/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]4/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: separator, colspan: 3][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: first] Knockara Beau [/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]125/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: separator, colspan: 3][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: first] Long Run [/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]2/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: separator, colspan: 3][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: first] Midnight Chase [/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]16/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: separator, colspan: 3][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: first] Synchronised [/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]14/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: separator, colspan: 3][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: first] The Giant Bolster [/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]125/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: separator, colspan: 3][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: first] The Midnight Club [/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]150/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: separator, colspan: 3][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: first] Time For Rupert [/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]66/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: separator, colspan: 3][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: first] Weird Al [/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]18/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: separator, colspan: 3][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: first] What A Friend [/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]33/1[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] I'd say any value was with Burton Port and the unknown quantity would be Diamond Harry that might be better than the 33-1 chance I would have it down as.

Re: Fri: 3.20 Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup Well done Jimmy! :ok Gutted for Kauto though. Too bad that he had to be pulled up in his last race. But better so than getting injured. So probably a wise decision by Ruby. Paul Nicholls said already Kauto is fine. Good to hear that anyway.