BBOTD - Friday 30th December

fintron

Re: BBOTD - Friday 30th December 3.30 Taunton - 1pt win She's On The Case @ 12/1 (PP) Posted this before her Bangor run:

1.10 Bangor - 3pts win She's On The Case @ 6/1 (Paddy Power) Grant Cann's runner in this marathon 3m6f handicap chase interests me very much. I feel she's unexposed over this sort of trip, especially over fences, and it looks likely to suit her down to the ground. She may not have the guaranteed stamina of some of her rivals, but she shapes as if a real stayer, and this could be her game I reckon. She's also a mudlark who relishes these sort of conditions, so as long as her stamina doesn't ebb away, must go well here. She's only had three starts over fences - running respectably even though she fell on her last attempt. That was over a trip of 3m2f and a little bit at Newbury so it would have been ideal if she had finished the race to give an idea of her stamina! However, she is related to stamina-laden jumpers, and her effort over hurdles last time out (staying on over 3 miles, never dangerous) suggests this trip will suit. She was in the process of running a good race at Newbury, travelling up when falling at the 14th, and looked likely to play a part. That was also her first run of the season and on ground perhaps too quick. She's always shaped like a stayer, and this is the first real chance she gets to prove herself. She's not the best jumper in the world but there is improvement possible given her relative inexperience over the larger obstacles. She goes well for Tom O'Brien and goes to war with a nice weight of 10-5. Most of the main contenders have to give plenty of weight to my selection which will not be easy over this marathon trip on testing ground. Everything adds up for this one today, and if she stays as well as I think she will, must go close if ironing out her jumping blemishes.
She didn't jump particularly well, but still made headway to be reasonably close 5 out but emptied quickly - not given a hard time. She would need to brush up her jumping but still has an engine and didn't get home it seems. Today she goes over the more suitable 3 mile trip and the handicapper has eased her 6lbs for that run. If she stays on her feet I can see her running well here off a nice weight.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.